MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
agg2001
Agg Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
i keep blowing fuses

06 R6(non S)... horn, signals, and brake light...

i used the search, and i found the fuse i needed. it's a 10A and for some reason, i keep blowing them. i haven't changed/modified anything from stock other than HIDs and that was about 10 months ago. only thing i've changed here recently is the plastics - went from track plastics back to my street plastics. went on about a 150 mile ride this past sunday, and now they don't work. the lights work - both low and high - and everything else works like a champ.

when i put the spare in, the brake light, the horn, and the right turn signal all worked... then i went to turn on the left, and i heard it pop the fuse. what the is going on? i double checked that i didn't plug my flushy back up wrong, as well as the CA integrated tail and everything is plugged up correctly. any help would be appreciated. thanks fellas.

agg

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where are the fuses located? Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-14-2011 09:20 AM
hi beam blowing fuses plummer General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-31-2011 12:36 AM
Fuses? JusAnotherTran General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 10-14-2010 10:01 PM
BIKE is dead. could it be some fuses? tarracing How To's and Q & A's 17 09-07-2008 01:18 PM
fuse keeps blowing Vandals How To's and Q & A's 23 08-01-2007 12:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Redux

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
grasshopper

Which fuse exactly is getting blown? Do you have a volt or multimeter handy?
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
agg2001
Agg Racing

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
it's the signal fuse... and since my first post, i've kept working at it. i unplugged all the signals, and plugged them back up one by one. it's the front left that's me up. i may just unplug the fronts and leave the CA tail plugged up for now. curious though how it worked when i took the street plastics off, but not after i put them back on. maybe my bike just doesn't like the street anymore.

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
Old 08-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
Vividkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by agg2001 View Post
then i went to turn on the left, and i heard it pop the fuse.
That right there say's "CHECK MY WIREING"

Pull off your body work and check all the wiring on the bike, especially on that circuit that keeps blowing the fuse. It's going to be a short to ground somewhere.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
1slocbr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

1slocbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Vividkid

el oh el
Old 08-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
agg2001
Agg Racing

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividkid View Post
That right there say's "CHECK MY WIREING"

Pull off your body work and check all the wiring on the bike, especially on that circuit that keeps blowing the fuse. It's going to be a short to ground somewhere.
i've narrowed it down to the front left turn signal. i'm thinking either the led board is bad, or the wiring inside the "aftermarket install" tape isn't right after a long/spirited run with hpc/wfo last sunday. either way, i unplugged that one, and everything works like a champ. good thing i LIKE the hotbodies flush mounts... i can get a replacement set for like $20 on ebay. haha... only good thing they make imo.

Advertisement