MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakijockey View Post
If you can get it loose with a 6 pt put some vice grip pliers on it or buy an 8 or 10 inch pipe wrench with a small cheater pipe.
LOL, a big pipe wrench and with a massive cheater (and a large friend.)....the only way to remove factory torsion bars on a late model tahoe/suburban.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
07 gszr 600 front sprocket nut keeps backing itself out........HELP QUICKGIXX Performance and Modifications 15 07-15-2014 01:43 PM
Ducati owners - anyone got a rear wheel nut tool? Alleykat General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 04-29-2014 10:17 PM
Ducati Streetfighter Rear Axle Nut Socket bumblebee General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-10-2012 08:51 PM
07 ZX6r front sprocket Nut size Intermission Performance and Modifications 5 03-22-2011 05:16 PM
TL1000R Front Sprocket nut Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 12-19-2008 02:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #22
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

You can probably find another whole cush drive and have it done and over for cheap $/no time.

+1 on the heat....BUT, I recently changed all of my steering head bearings and swingarm bearings. I picked up an industrial heat gun. Worked like a charm and definitely is not going to be real detrimental to the aluminum. What I would worry about is the bearings in the cush drive. Heating it up cannot be good for the grease or dust seals.

I say go with a Pneumatic impact

I am surprised that the studs did not unscrew. If all else fails, vice grips.

Edit:
If it's on your 'tard, then I remove "cush drive" from what I typed

Last edited by Mr Richards; 08-11-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Noticed you ride dirt!
Mr Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #23
KrisNaarden

Feedback Rating: (0)

I have taken crappy wrenches and welded them directly onto nuts before, you get both heat on the stubborn thing and if you know what you are doing when welding the nut on you will either come off or you can rip the nut in half.

Also craftsmen makes these little sockets that have spiral serated teeth in them and your use it as a socket, they work amazing also
KrisNaarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #24
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkat View Post
LOL, a big pipe wrench and with a massive cheater (and a large friend.)....the only way to remove factory torsion bars on a late model tahoe/suburban.
only if you don't have a proper tool to do it the right way. there's actually a special torsion bar removal tool. it looks like a large c-clamp that holds the torsion bar in place so you can loosen the tensioners safely and remove the torsion bar.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement