MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #161
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Wow... Come on Zac... You can pull through!!!!
TeleRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #162
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

C'mon Zac, you can do it man.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #163
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Monday 11/9/09

Zac will have more blood work done in the morning to see if there are changes in his white blood cell count. A chest xray was clear, so they are not sure why his WBC count is elevated. Baylor does not want to take him and "waste" rehab days if Zac is not well enough to participate in therapy. It does seem that when Zac has health issues, it affects his level of alertness/responsiveness.
Tonight, Zac opened his eyes completely for me and there were no erractic eye movements. His eyes were still and he was staring right at me. I told him hello and that I loved him and he made a short noise back at me. When he did this I said, "I know you love me". Then I promptly started fussing over him, moving his arms and legs, massaging his hands, wiping the ointment off his eyes to reveal long lashes that were not stuck together, etc. I told him that he could tell me he wanted me to stop at any time
There was a young woman at church yesterday talking about how is in control of everything. She was referring to "even the little things" in life. I had to sit there and smile and think "wouldn't it be great if i were sitting here concerned about only a little thing in my life right now?" Zac's accident is no "little thing" in my life, but i do know that is in total control of this situation. Please continue in prayer with me that will continue the good work He has planned for Zac!
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #164
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 11/10/09

Bloodwork was done today and Zac's white blood cell count is normal. Baylor requested that a test be done to check for blood clots in Zac's arms and legs. The test revealed no blood clots. So, I was told the plan is to move him tomorrow to Baylor. Part of me was reluctant to even write this because of the roller coaster ride we have taken at times during this, but I know that when the time is right will allow the move to occur. Thank you all for your prayers. My desire is to see Zac make leaps and bounds of progress while in this special program for traumatic brain injuries. I hope that he and Jon Broom will be there at the same time fighting, and working hard in their rehab. Baylor better get ready!!!

If all goes well, Zac should transfer to Baylor on Wednesday.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #165
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Please keep us updated .Prayer's sent for Zac. BLESS
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #166
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 11/11/09

Zac was transferred from Kindred hospital to BIR in Dallas today. Once he got there, the action began. Respiratory put in a smaller trach, the smallest size they go down to. Zac's oxygen level was good without oxygen, so he was breathing only room air. The respiratory therapist put his finger over Zac's trach (with a glove on) and asked him to vocalize. When Zac's dad and I asked him to try and vocalize, he did. The therapist said that sometimes when a person hears their noise (sounds), they start trying to talk faster. I hope and pray for this for Zac. They started up his feedings as before, but the dietician will come tomorrow and assess Zac's needs. They weighed Zac also and he is now 118.9# A clinitron bed was ordered and should arrive tomorrow. The wound on his tailbone area has just about completely healed. Zac will get a shower tonight and a sleeping medication to help him rest well on his first night in a new place. Then, the therapy begins... Dr. Carlile said they will even have a Dr. assess his vision. It did appear that Zac had some problems following her finger when she moved it out to the sides.
I'm so excited about the potential for progress for Zac at BIR. It is going to be so hard for me having to work and not be there to witness this progress. Let's all pray for to start His miracle in Zac now. May everyone who comes in contact with Zac be able to see the Lord's hand in all of this
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #167
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Thursday 11/12/09

Well, the nurse in Zac's area said he had a good first day at BIR. A wheelchair was located for him and he was seen for physical, occupational, and speech therapy today. A therapist helped him get a t-shirt and scrub pants on for his therapy sessions. It is hard for me not being able to witness all these things because of full time work. The staff all seem so upbeat and positive that Zac should flourish in this environment. Keep praying for Zac (and Jon) to make leaps and bounds of progress!! Thank you Lord for allowing a facility like BIR to exist in our area
Old 11-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #168
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That's so great. be with him to make a full recovery . BLESS
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #169
rock28star

Bike(s):
08 gsxr 1000 ''Prototype''
07 outlaw busa ''Assassin's Creed''
04 busa ''Under Rated''

Member Garage

remember is always with you prayers sent....
rock28star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #170
karimcoco

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 R1
00 kawa zrx 1100 *sold*
08 CBR 600RR *sold*
05 GSXR 1000 *stolen*

Im sending my prayer for zac, I hope that he recovers fast!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #171
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Saturday 11/14/09

Well, when I got to BIR to see Zac, I finally got to meet Jon Broom's parents, his son, and Jon himself! For those of you that may not remember, Jon is the other racer that suffered a TBI on 9-5-09. Zac and Jon are in the "pod" room; it's the room that has 4 beds in it. This will be good as we will all be able to give support and encouragement to one another.
I found out from nursing that Zac threw up on Thurs. when they were getting him into his wheelchair. On Friday he spiked a temp of 101.4. There is a possibility that he aspirated when he threw up (some of the vomitus went into his lungs) and this might have caused the fever. They said Zac is "growing something in his sputum" He is also on an antibiotic for a urinary tract infection. As I have said in the past, "here we go again; one step forward and three steps back." He is on 3 antibiotics for the stuff that is growing in his sputum and then another one for the UTI. The respiratory therapist today said that Zac's lungs sounded clear and he did not feel that Zac aspirated on Thursday. He also said that starting next week, they hope to start capping off his trach in hopes of removing it eventually.
If Zac could just get infection free and stay infection free, it would be so wonderful. So, immediate prayer needs are for Zac's infections to clear completely and for Zac to keep making progress so that he may stay at BIR at least 4 weeks...or more!!

A couple of pictures of Zac:

This is Dr. Carlile with Zac. I'm sure he enjoyed getting outside for reasons other than just being transported from one facility to another!

Zac and Eli, the pet therapy dog at BRI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15445_1143768641755_1453667597_360623_6309910_n.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	29445   Click image for larger version

Name:	13967_1144969271770_1453667597_363481_4509274_n.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	29446  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #172
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

I keep praying for you friend, get well soon.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:55 AM   #173
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Dido here. He's lucky to have such an involved and caring mother, thank you for the updates! I wish for a speedy arrival of the day that he reads this thread and is like "Wow, so many people were praying for me".
Old 11-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #174
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 11/16/09

Today was the first care conference for Zac. I was telephoned in since I could not be there in person. Dr. Ladd who works closely with Dr. Carlile said that Zac's vision problems/needs should be addressed this week. Speech therapy is working with Zac on swallowing and "oral motor" skills. They are using cold stimulus to see if this will help Zac in swallowing. Physical therapy said that they had Zac on a modified recumbent cycle and that the machine showed that Zac assisted in propelling for 4 min with his legs. PT and OT will work together to help Zac work on head control, and PT is also planning on getting Zac on a tilt table which will help him to stand upright. I am very excited about this as this will be the first time that Zac will have stood up and put weight through his legs and feet. They will monitor his blood pressure and heart rate while they do this, so he will not be brought up straight all at once, but gradually over time. BIR submits all of this information to Zac's ins. company to see if they will approve him to stay longer. With the information provided, ins. should approve another week for Zac. Please continue to pray that Zac's infections would clear, and that will continue to heal Zac so that he may show more progress Thank you Lord for the progress that has been made so far in less than a week!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #175
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Knee mail sent. Keep fighting Zac!
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #176
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Prayer's sent BLESS. Please keep updated on Zac Condition
Old 11-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #177
Captain
The Beast

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

prayers are with him and the family!
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #178
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 11/17/09

Heard through friends that Zac was able to establish communication with the speech therapist today through eye signals! He could answer "yes" or "no" with eye movements. This is so great!! Keep the prayers coming all you prayer warriors...

More from Jenny, Wednesday 11/18/09

I want friends and family to know that they are more than welcome to visit Zac at BIR. His therapy usually does not occur over the weekend, but if he does get a treatment it is usually bedside. He is usually done with therapy by 4:00 on week days. Anyone that wants to visit when i am there, contact me here on FB or call my cell # if you have it. Thank you all for words of encouragement and prayers!!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #179
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Thursday 11/19/09

Zac is out of his coma. He began emerging from his coma at Kindred. While at BIR, his level of consciousness has continued to improve. On Tuesday, the neuropsychologist stated that Zac is at Rancho Los Amigos Level IV-V. http://www.rancho.org/patient_educat..._cognition.pdf
If you look at this scale, it does NOT mean that Zac is doing everything at both levels; it means that Zac may be doing at least one thing at both levels. He is not sitting up without support of a wheelchair that has a head support, he is not able to talk yet, he is not acting agitated (answer to prayer) and he is not attempting to pull at any of his tubes because he is not actively moving his arms or legs...yet.
Zac has made progress in one way or another almost every day since he has been at BIR in spite of his infections. Zac is a true fighter!! Please continue to pray for him as he faces the toughest race he has ever competed in before; we are ALL rooting for you son XOXO

I also need to clarify that it is NOT like in the movies. He did not suddenly open up his eyes and start talking and asking "what happened" and "where am I"? It is a slow process that continues to evolve...
Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #180
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Great news... let's keep this thing on the positive side!!!

Advertisement