MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #141
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Thursday 10/29/09 DAY 83

It seems there has been information circulated that Zac is "out of the coma". Dr. Le, Zac's physical medicine Dr. was kind enough to call me tonight and clarify. In the srtictest sense of the word "coma", Zac appears to be emerging from the comatose state into the next state which is vegetative. (I hate that word!) I just don't want people to misunderstand what is going on with Zac. Technically, the Dr. does not consider him comatose (eyes closed, unresponsive) but more in the next level which is vegetative (eyes open, responsive). From this state, the next step is minimally conscious.
So, Zac does open his eyes and attempts to focus on people when they are talking to him, and might even attempt to turn his head in their direction. He is not moving his arms or his legs yet.
So, Zac appears to be in the process of emerging from the coma and that is definitely a step in the right direction! Thank you all for your continued prayers for Zac and the family. bless you all...
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #142
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

awesome!!!!!
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #143
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Is this a doctors induced coma zac is in?
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #144
AZ slide

Experience: 4 years

Send a message via AIM to AZ slide
^^^ no its not..... this is awsome news!!
AZ slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #145
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

come on zac... you can do it!!!!
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #146
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm so glad to hear this I will keep Zac in my prayers day and night. I really like he is fighting this and with 's prayers and prayer from all of us he will come out of this. I will keep him and your family is my prayers. BLESS
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #147
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

From Jenny on Saturday:

Please pray for Zac and especially the family right now. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." Lord, I ask you to take control of this entire situation. We must die daily to ourselves. Please help all of us to keep our eyes focused on you. We must put Zac first!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #148
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 11/2/09
Today at 8:08pm

Sorry, can't seem to bring myself to say the word for the level of consciousness that the Dr. is considering Zac in now. I prefer to say that Zac is continuing to emerge out of the coma and into the next step. Just as everyone has said from the beginning, do not expect consistency from day to day. Zac continues to have times where his eyes are open and he is attempting to focus on people and voices.
He is continuing to sit up in his chair daily and stays up anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time.
Zac now weighs 125#; yes he is still losing weight. We'll just have to keep praying about that like we did about the pneumonia. May continue to have total control of this situation and bless a young, and very derserving individual
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #149
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I keep praying for Zac to recover fully.GODSPEED
Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #150
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 11/3/09
Yesterday at 9:46pm

I received a call from the case manager at Kindred that the nurse liason from Baylor will be coming tomorrow for a clinical update on Zac. She will take this information back to Dr. Carlile at Baylor. A family meeting will take place with Dr. Carlile and then Zac would be transferred to Baylor in Dallas if she accepts him in the program. This is a step in the right direction and Zac would be getting more intense therapy than he is currently receiving at Kindred. Zac will be transferred out of bed, changed into "real clothes", and taken out of his room for therapy.
Please continue in prayer for Zac and the family. May the Lord continue to heal his injuries so that His power and glory can be revealed in Zac!!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #151
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

My prayer's are still with the family and Zac for a full recovery . BLESS
Old 11-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #152
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 11/4/09

A meeting will take place tomorrow at Baylor at 2:00 to decide if Zac will be accepted to their brain injury program. Please pray with me that this meeting will go well and that Zac will be accepted to the program. This is the next step in the right direction!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #153
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

stay strong Zac and keep making steps in the right direction
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #154
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

My prayer's go out Zac so he can head for a full recovery. Keep us updated please. BLESS
Old 11-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #155
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update from Thursday, Nov. 5

Dr. Carlile accepted Zac into the TBI program at Baylor in Dallas. Pending insurance approval, Zac will be transferred there early next week. Dr. Carlile would like it to happen on Tuesday. I was most impressed with Dr. Carlile, and she was everything I hoped she would be and more.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #156
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update from Jenny, Zac's mom Friday 11/6/09

I told Zac tonight that his hard work starts on Monday. I told him how he will be getting an hour (each day) of physical, occupational, and speech therapy. In addition to the 3 hours of therapies, he will be out of bed in a wheelchair for most of the day. I told him that this will be hard work, but I know he will give it his best. I reminded him that there are so many people praying for him and now we will ask them to pray for to give him the strength needed for his rehab. I have no doubt that he heard me and he was making eye contact with me the entire time.
Tomorrow is my birthday. I told Zac I would love nothing more than a smile from him, or an attempt at some vocalization tomorrow when I go to see him. If this happens, fantastic, if not, fantastic. Looking into my sons beautiful blue eyes will be enough

I got a call today that insurance approved Zac's transfer to Baylor. I was told that Zac will transfer on Monday.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #157
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Saturday 11/7/09

Zac wasn't quite able to pull off that smile for me today, but he did do some "vocalizing" for me. It doesn't sound the same since his trach is not capped off, but even Julia asked, "is that Zac making that noise?" It did a mom's heart good to look into her son's eyes and for him to really look back into hers
Old 11-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #158
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That is so awesome. My prayer's are still going out for Zac. May Bless with a full recovery. Please keep us up dated with his progress.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:37 AM   #159
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Excellent news, I have heard really good things about that Baylor program. Come on Zac, keep fighting man!

Oh and I am in complete agreement with you on the term used to describe Zac's current state, I hate the word commonly used. I prefer the term "Impaired Consciousness", for one I think it is much more descriptive of his actual condition and it is not so dang negative.

Prayers still coming.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #160
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 11/9/09

Well guys, Zac had a little bit of a temp yesterday and today his white blood cell count is up, so no move to Baylor today until they make sure nothing is developing. They do not want to "waste" days in rehab if Zac would not be able to participate because he is not feeling well medically. It does seem that when Zac is not well, his neurological status also declines. (less responsive, etc)

Advertisement