Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #121
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)

Prayers sent. dont know the guy but can only imagine what he and his parents r going through. call me gay or what u like but it brought a tear to my eye when reading this post knowing what these people have been through and are still....
Supa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #122
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Thursday 10/15/09 DAY 69
Yesterday at 9:56pm

The results of Zac's chest X-ray this morning showed that once again he has pneumonia. They are not keeping his trach capped off, but rather have an attachment on it that gives Zac oxygen through his trach. Because of this, we are not hearing as much vocalizing. He is still making noise, just not as much. The nurse told me that when they were putting him back to bed after sitting up 2 hours that his eyes opened up more than they have and it looked like he was trying to focus on her!! They have started a 3rd medication today to help him emerge from the coma. He was also started on an antibiotic for the pneumonia.
Immediate prayer needs are for the resolving of the pneumonia and that the "bedsore" on his tailbone area would heal. Thank you to all the prayer warriors out there!!!
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #123
JusAnotherTran

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR
2008 Ninja 650r (sold)
2001 F4i (sold)

prayers are with him.. get well soon.
JusAnotherTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #124
Dr.Gonzo's Mom

Bike(s):
Soon

Prayers will continue until we hear Zac is heal
Dr.Gonzo's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #125
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Come on Zac you can do it man.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #126
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Saturday 10/17/09 DAY 71

No real change in Zac's condition. He is still battling the pneumonia; maybe this is why he wasn't vocalizing today while i was there. (Well, other than snoring!) They did get him up in his chair today. The new "high tech" bed that Zac is in is the top of the line for relief of pressure on a person's body. Hopefully that wound on his tailbone area will heal soon. Now, if we could just fatten that boy up!!
Please continue to pray for the pneumonia to be resolved, and for the healing of the bedsore. Of course we continue to pray that the Lord will completely heal Zac and bring him back to us soon
Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #127
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Prayers for Zac are still going out to for a full recovery. GODSPEED
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #128
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 10/19/09 DAY 73
Yesterday at 10:14pm

Zac has pneumonia in both lungs I found out tonight from his primary Dr. I also found out that his culture from his sputum came back positive for MRSA. Zac was coughing a lot this evening and has been coughing a lot lately with the pneumonia. This coughing caused him to vomit on Saturday. Tonight they put a different trach in Zac; one that has a "cuff" on it to prevent any vomitus from going into Zac's lungs. Zac's heart rate is still an issue at times. His heart rate went up to 125 when he was coughing tonight. Zac also has a fungus on his tongue now. As you can see, right now there are several things that we need prayer for. There is still the open wound on his tailbone area as well as his weight loss that are areas of concern as well. I did talk with the dietician over the phone today and she told me they are giving Zac 2400 calories a day. He is not able to tolerate an increase in the volume of the feedings as he does not digest the current amount well all the time. There is so much involved with a head injury! Just please keep Zac in your prayers so that he may overcome all these obstacles and continue to progress so that he can go to Baylor rehab in the future!!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #129
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

10/21 8am

Zac had a bad night last night. His temp went up to 102.6 and his heart rate was between 140-150. This was scarey to me. I just happened to call up to the hospital around 9:00 last night and found out from nursing. They took off his gown, took off his compression devices on his legs, turned the fan on, and gave him Tylenol to bring his fever down.

In 45 min. his temp was down to 100 and his heart rate was 117. We must keep praying that Zac will become infection free so that we won't have any more scarey nights. I did not post this last night because I was busy contacting people for prayer and giving them updates. Thank you all for your continued prayer for Zac's healing!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #130
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Zac can do it! I have faith in him!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #131
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

All I have to say is poor guy, I hope all the prayers and friends he has pulling for him helps out, This guy seems to be having a very rouch time, Just hope the best for him, Although i have never met him he seems to have a lot of people on his side, Just keep hoping for the best.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #132
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 10/21/09 DAY 75
Yesterday at 9:44pm

Zac continues to battle pneumonia in both lungs. His pulmonary Dr. performed a bronchoscopy on him today, which is a term to say that they irrigated his lungs with sterile saline and then suctioned it all out.
The Dr. also put back in a larger trach so that Zac can breath easier while he is fighting the pneumonia. When my sister and I were there tonight, he did not cough one time. The therapists have put a gel pad in his barton chair so that he can sit up longer with decreased pressure on his wound that has not healed completely yet. There has been introduced a GI Dr. because Zac's feeding tube was a concern as far as placement. This Dr. has changed Zac's feedings back to continuously and also changed the formula that he is getting. The nurses are seeing good "residuals" ( amount of content in Zac's stomach) with this method so far. This is a good thing. I'm not happy that the formula was changed to one that is giving him less calories at this point. Zac has lost more weight and now weighs 126#.
The enemy is battling on all fronts. Keep up the prayers!! Thank you all and may have the victory!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #133
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Prayers still going out for ZAC for a full recovery.GODSPEED. Please keep us updated
Old 10-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #134
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Sunday 10/25/09 SAY 79

It seems Zac had periods of apnea last night that required Zac to be placed on a BiPAP machine that assists with breathing in and breathing out. There was concern that he might have a collapsed lung so an xray was ordered. The xray showed his lungs were fine. His primary Dr. ordered a CT scan today of his head to make sure his shunt is working properly and that there has been no increase in swelling that might have caused this. The results of that will not come back until tomorrow. Zac's dad stated today that Zac has done this in the past in his presence and feels it is nothing serious. The staff at Kindred reacted quickly, not knowing this, and I am grateful. Hopefully, this will be nothing serious and some way of monitoring this will be figured out if there is concern that this might happen again.
Zac got hand and foot care by his aunt Janet today. After she massaged his hands with lotion, they were very relaxed when i performed range of motion on them. One of Zac's friends was there for a visit and said, "Man Zac, you really are being waited on hand and foot!" Keep praying for our dear Zac who is derserving of a miraculous healing

Saturday 10/24/09 DAY 78

I'm sorry it's been a few days, life is busy and hectic at times. Zac remains on continuous feedings and is tolerating them well so far. He is back on the higher calorie formula as of Thursday. I was told on Friday that the wound on his tailbone area is decreasing in size, so that is good. They got him a gel cushion pad for when he is sitting up in his barton chair. (Becky, the very same day I asked for it! We think alike ) This relieves some of the pressure in that area when he is sitting up. His vital signs overall have been good. His pulmonary Dr. came in this morning and said an x-ray that was taken earlier this morning showed that the pneumonia is gone!! Thank you so much for your prayers in that area. Zac seems to be showing a gradual increase in his level of alertness. The nursing staff is reporting that Zac appears to be tracking with his eyes at times when they are open. I witnessed that today twice while i was there.
I told Zac today that i was listening to KCBI on the radio and the person who created "Veggie Tales" was speaking. He said that if you have been given something precious from the Lord, you should be thankful for it. If it is a talent, like story telling is for him, or if it is something else, you should give it completely to the Lord and He will bless your faithfulness. I told Zac that he was a gift fom at the moment of his birth. I told Zac that I am giving him completely to the Lord and trusting to obtain that blessing for being faithful. Becoming a christian did not mean life would always be easy from that moment. Instead, we were promised that we would never walk alone in the midst of a trial, or on any day for that matter. I know that Zac is touching lives from his hospital bed; even being in a coma. I also know that the Lord is at work in this situation. I told Zac that there were friends,family, and even strangers praying for him all over the U.S. "Pray without ceasing" 1Thess. 5:17
Old 10-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #135
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Lil Squid - I have been following this thread very closely since it began. I like everyone else wish Zac the best - he is in our prayers.

I want to thank you for your continued updates. It's obvious most of us viewing and following Zacs progress are viewing much more than we are posting.

I am for the most part speechless, but not without concern, well wishes and prayers. There are over 4000 views and only 145 posts of which about 1/3 of are from you.

We all appreciate you keeping us informed. Thank You!
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #136
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

I would like to second what Radar has said above, I personally did not know Zac. I saw him around, I had met his dad once and he talked to me about Zac and how he much he loved this sport.

I have since given up racing, not because of Zac or Jon Broom, I love racing a motorcycle. The truth is I love my wife and kids more and when I read this from you it brings me to a place where I consider being in your position. Your posts break my heart and at the same time give me an incredible amount of hope! My little boys are 6 and 11, and I cherish every single minute with them these days. At times I want to strangle them :-) but because of you and Zac, I realize how precious and fragile this life is. I had not been to church in years, but we go now!

I pray for you, your husband and Zac every single day. But I say an extra prayer for you! Stay strong! I only log into this site these days to read your posts!

So once again I will sit here at my desk and pray for you and your family, for Zac to defy the odds and recover fully, something a year ago would I would have never done!

Thank you for bringing me back to my faith!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #137
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

It is nice to hear Zac Is doing all these thing's. I am still praying for his full recovery. Please keep us up on Zac's condition. I will keep him in my prayers day and night also I will pray for your family. Bless
Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #138
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Sorry all for a gap in posting, I've been out of the country and internet was spotty.

Wednesday 10/28/09 DAY 82
Yesterday at 8:38pm

The BiPAP machine was removed from Zac's room as he has not had a period of apnea since Sunday night. Nursing reports that the wound on his tailbone area has almost completely healed (answer to prayer!) Zac had another bout of vomiting yesterday. They are working on decreasing the amount of water that he gets a day that is not absolutely necessary. Every time he gets medication through his feeding tube, it is mixed with water. They have to flush(clear out with water) his feeding tube with water, and he gets a bolus of water throughout the day because his body needs the fluid. The are consolidating his medications as much as possible to decease the amount of water he gets a day that is not necessary.
Zac sat up in his chair today for 21/2 hours. He sat up for almost 4 hours yesterday.
Zac is still in a coma. He has been in a coma for 82 days now. He is starting to keep his eyes almost completely open for longer periods throughout the day. He does appear to focus on the person talking to him for a little while. Today, when getting him back in bed, Zac started coughing. He has always had a strong cough from the beginning. His arms and legs drew up while he was coughing, and he turned from his back to his right side by himself. Was this purposeful movement? No Has he ever drawn up his arms AND legs when coughing? No Has he ever turned from his back to his side by himself? No This is something that is new that has not happened before. What will we see next that he has not done before??
I was asked to provide the address for Zac
Zac Chapman
Kindred Hospital SCU#1
7800 Oakmont Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76132

Monday 10/26/09 DAY 80
Mon at 7:04pm

Zac had another episode of apnea last night and was on the BiPAP machine from 10:00pm-7:20am this morning. It sounds like this may be just another thing that is occuring because of the brain injury. Zac was sitting up in his chair when I arrived and stayed up close to 3 hours. There's not a lot to report tonight. He did open his eyes almost completely a few times and looked as if he was trying to focus on whoever it was that was talking to him at the time. Thank you all for your continued love, support, and prayers!!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #139
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That is so cool that Zac is moving by himself. I'm glad to hear that his bed sore is getting better. I will for sure keep Zac in my prayer's day and night. Bless.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #140
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Wooo go zak attack!!!!

Advertisement