MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #101
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Keep it up Zac!!!

I am sure it was the pizza that got his eye open! I am sure he is ready for a slice!

Keep up the progress man. Continued prayers for all the Chapmans
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #102
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Sunday 10/4/09 8:42pm

Zac is officially off the vent as of 11:00 this morning!! The machine has even been removed from his room. Around 1:15 today they put Zac in his barton chair for about an hour. His heart rate went up to 130 while he was in the chair. They decided to put him back in bed to get his heart rate back down. After a while, his heart rate went down to 119. Then around 6:30 he had a visitor and his heart rate went back up to 126. His eyes were open as much as they were the day he arrived to Texas; however, his heart rate went up to 129. The staff then decided it was best for Zac not to have any stimulation for a while and we were all asked to step out. We must all realize that his body may react in ways we do not understand and at times it is best for him to have rest and zero stimulation. There may be days ahead when it will not be appropriate for any visitors, and even family may be asked to allow Zac to rest. We need to respect this and remember that we only want what is best for Zac!!
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him..."
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #103
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Prayers sent for Zac.
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #104
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 10/5/09 Day 59
Yesterday at 9:32pm

Zac's heart rate has been better today. They got him up in his chair from 1:45-4:00 and his heart rate went up to 110. That is much better than what it did last night. Later in the evening, his heart rate stayed around 91-95. Zac was moving his head some, but did not crack open his eyes before I left his room. I told him it was o.k., i know he had a rough night last night. Keep those prayers coming!
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Matt. 21:22
Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #105
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

dang Zac........thats a loooong nap. Time to wake up!
continued prayers
Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #106
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 10/6/09 DAY 60
Today at 9:23pm

Not much change or excitement today. When I called this morning around 9:00 to see how he was doing, his heart rate was 114. Zac did sit up again in his chair from around 11:00 until after 2:00. His heart rate was around 111. Having to work and miss all the Dr's when they come to see Zac is frustrating. Zac's dad said the neurologist finally came around 10:00 or 10:30 last night. If I want to catch him I will have to be at the hospital late on the day(s) he comes. This may not be one of the Dr's that we look forward to talking to." That's all I have to say about that" as Forrest Gump would say.
Keep the prayer flood gates open, we must not lose our hope or our faith!!! can change His mind
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac ride.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	28315  
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #107
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 10/7/09 DAY 61
Yesterday at 9:22pm

Zac's heart rate has stayed around 100-105 all day. Zac was up in his chair from 2:00-4:20. He tolerated this well. I did range of motion on his arms while he was up in the chair. When we transferred him back to bed, I did range of motion on his legs and ankles. I'm sure Zac is so happy that his mom is a therapist at times...not! It makes me feel good to fuss over him and make sure that he is positioned well in the bed. I was telling the nurse tonight that I'm glad there is not a pillow shortage.
Zac did crack his eyes open whenever we were moving him around this afternoon and tonight.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #108
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #109
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That's really good to hear. More prayers sent out for Zac
Old 10-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #110
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Thursday 10/8/09 DAY 62
Yesterday at 9:21pm

No significant change in Zac's condition. I did get to talk to his physical medicine Dr. on the phone today. She believes that Zac is experiencing "storms". This is when his sympathetic nervous system goes into overdrive. Zac shows signs of this when his heart rate increases and he starts to sweat. When this happens we must make sure that he is comfortable by seeing if his position needs changing, turning the fan on, and decreasing his stimulation. I tell you all this so that if you are wanting to visit Zac you will understand why there may be times when no visitors are allowed in his room, even family.
Sometimes this all seems overwhelming, but I know that nothing is too big for . My human nature is experiencing many emotions through this. I am trying to take it one day at a time. My human nature wants me to worry about what is to be, but I am fighting this so that I may rest in the Lord and His promises. Thank all of you for your prayers and words of encouragement. I can honestly say that this is the hardest thing I have had to go through in my life; even harder than the death of my parents. Your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #111
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Saturday 10/10/09 DAY 64
Today at 12:24pm

Got a text message from Zac's dad at 11:45 pm last night that the nurses had called him to report that Zac had moaned, a real moan. When I was with him today, I heard him make a long sigh after a period of coughing. I feel that this may be a sign, along with the fact that he is keeping his eyes cracked open more, that he is trying to emerge from his coma.
Unfortunately, Zac has a sore on his tailbone area that has gotten a little worse. There have been strict orders written that Zac is to be kept on his side and not flat on his back because of this. He is so thin because of the weight loss that I was afraid this would happen. This has also affected how long he can sit up in his chair. He cannot sit up for much more than an hour because of the pressure that is put on that area when you sit up. Zac's heart rate is also going up whenever they get him up in the chair. Today, his heart rate went up to 130, which is not good. They are giving him medicine to lower his heart rate.
There are so many factors in this whole situation. It is hard because one thing affects another. I'm always praying that the Lord would take care of everything so that we could continue to move forward and not backward. I'm not too proud to ask for prayer, and I am asking for prayer!! I realize we may be approaching the point soon when it will be revealed what 's plan is for Zac. Will he answer our prayers for a complete restoration? I'm trying to hold on to my faith tightly and wait for the miracle.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to . And the peace of , which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus". Phil 4:6-7
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #112
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Im keeping Zac in my prayers every night.Godspeed Please keep us updated about Zac
Old 10-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #113
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 10/12/09 DAY 66
Yesterday at 10:43pm

They still have Zac's trach capped off and when I arrived to see him around 2:00 he was sitting up in his chair. His eyes were closed, but it seemed as if he were really trying to say something. He was making a lot of sounds, and this went on the entire time he was sitting up which was around 2 hours! When they got him back in bed he seemed exhausted from all the effort and became still and quiet. His heart rate was pretty good considering how much he was vocalizing; it stayed around 120. It really seemed as if he were trying his hardest to say something, but it just wouldn't come out. I would ask for special prayer that would allow Zac to form the words. I pray that would allow total healing so that Zac can be a great witness for Him and His greatness! May receive all the glory and honor
Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #114
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Knee mail sent. Thanks for keeping us updated Julia.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #115
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Any word if there will be someone with Pray For Zac shirts/wristbands at TWS (Texas World Speedway) this weekend?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #116
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

My prayers are still going out for Zac. Please keep us up dated on how Zac is doing. Godspeed
Old 10-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #117
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
WAAKE UUUUUUUPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
Old 10-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #118
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 10/14/09 DAY 68
Yesterday at 9:37pm

Zacs temperature was up this morning to 100.4. They are going to do a chest X-ray tomorrow to see if he has bronchitis or maybe pneumonia. The nurse told me that Zac sat up in his barton chair from about 1:30-4:30 today. His heart rate went up to 130 which they really don't like, but after they turned the fan on him and put some soothing music on, his heart rate went down. We found out that whoever thought his bed could weigh him was mistaken. The nurses' aide weighed him today and he weighs 128.5. As you can imagine, being 6'1", he should weigh much more than this. Plus, as I told Zac, he cannot weigh less than his mother!! Zac continues to crack his eyes open for longer periods of time, and is continuing with the head movements and vocalizing. I was told that he responded to everything that the speech therapist did today. (That means with either eye movement or head movement) It does appear that he is trying to emerge from the coma and now his physical medicine Dr. feels the same way.
I am anxiously awaiting the miracle to happen!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #119
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That sounds so great. You'll have to fatten him up when he gets better with the good food made with love from MOM. I will keep praying for Zac. I have a daughter that loves to be on her bike on the track too. I pray for every day.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #120
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Please keep informed about his progress. GODSPEED TO ZAC.

Advertisement