MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #81
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

WooHoo!!! Finally some good news! Keep it up Zac!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #82
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Updates from Thursday September 24th

Called and spoke with Zac's nurse earlier today who told me that Zac's blood pressure went up a little today. He is tolerating the tube feedings better. The vent is still set on 8 and he continues to breath over the vent. Tuesday seems so far away!!! I can't wait!! I have had several people ask me if we know a time that Zac will arrive on Tuesday. We have not been given any sort of time frame yet. But again, we ask that there be no surprise visitors. Please be patient and wait for the immediate family to contact you. We are thinking of Zac and want this to be as stress free as possible. "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up..."

For those of you in the racing community, I just talked to Alannah and the new shipment of Zac Attack T-shirts has arrived!!! They will be at the Oak Hill race this weekend. They really are awesome...
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #83
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Prayer sent! Get well soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #84
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

great news and i'll be sure to get a t shirt if any are left by the time i get there.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #85
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Jenny, Sunday Sep. 27:

Fred said that Zac is doing well today. He continues to breath over the vent. All of his vital signs were good today. Zac must be excited that he gets to come home to Texas tomorrow!!! Continue in prayer for the trip home, and I will update all of you tomorrow as soon as I can when I get done visiting with my son!!! It's been 3 weeks since I've seen him...seems like an eternity. I am so excited, I hope I can get some sleep.

Updates from Saturday Sep. 26:

Thank you to everyone that bought a T-shirt at the race today. I got a good report from Alannah!! Wear those shirts with pride!!

Spoke to Fred and Zac continues to breath over the vent. He did have some more trouble with the tube feeding yesterday, but is doing better today. We found out that there is a good chance that he will come home on Monday now!! The non-profit "Grace on Wings " will be bringing him to Texas on a plane with medical staff trained in the care of critically ill patients.

This is quite the process transporting someone from one state to another. Zac will be sent to the airport in Virginia from the hospital in an ambulance. He is then transferred onto the airplane with all equipment needed, and flown to our Meachum airport. He will then be transferred into and ambulance and taken to Kindred. You can see why he will need peace and quiet for a while. Please pray that the Lord will make the trip as uneventful as possible for Zac. Pray that the Lord will bless these medical professionals who donate their time and expertise, and guide them in the care of Zac while he travels. Thank you Lord for leading us to this wonderful organization and may others who need their services find them as well!!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #86
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Way to go Zac!!! Welcome home!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #87
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #88
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Thank you for the good news
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #89
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update from Jenny, Tue. Sep. 29:

Boy, have we been busy these last 2 days! Zac's flight went without a hitch and he made it safe and sound to Kindred. The great flight crew took really good care of him; even praying over Zac before they left Virginia, and then praying over him again before they left Kindred here in Texas.
We met his primary Dr. last night, and met 2 of his other Dr's today. We have liked them all so far. They have already started the process of weaning him off the vent. Today, he was able to breath on his own for about an hour! When he is on the vent, he is breathing above it consistently now.
Zac is moving his head and cracking open his eyes. He seems to be reacting to visits made by family members by doing these things while they are talking to him. We are slowly allowing family members to visit Zac within a schedule. The physical medicine Dr. said it would be important to ease into this as to not over stimulate him.
We will be helping Zac to learn his days and nights. Poor Zac, no more late nights...lights out at 9:00!! It has been so good to get Zac home, I just can't find the right words to say thank you to all of you that have had a part in this. It is so comforting having him only 20-30 minutes away. I really feel that Zac is going to start showing more progress because he can tell he is home among family and friends
Old 09-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #90
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That is really good news. Please keep us updated.Prayers sent godspeed.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:29 AM   #91
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Old 09-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #92
dirkbelt
its ur boy DIRK

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR W/Corona Fairings
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol
Full custom 02 R6

Prayers send...closed head injury sux.....takes a long time to recover if u ever will fully recover...I know I didn't but best wishes to him!!!
dirkbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #93
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update Wed. Sep. 30:

Zac continues to do well weaning off the vent. Today he was able to be completely disconnected from the vent for 2 hours!! They put him back on so that he could rest for the night. Can't wait to see how he does tomorrow. Earlier in the day his heart rate went up, but they decided he might be dehydrated, so they pushed some fluids and that did the trick.
He is now wearing a softer, and more comfortable neck support. Tomorrow he is to get a new (longer) bed and a new mattress. I tell them, "he is a long, tall Texan". There are still 2 more Dr's to meet, maybe that will happen tomorrow as well.
With all the sickness going around we are going to be very picky about visitors coming to see Zac. He has battled so many infections, and currently has pneumonia again we found out yesterday, that we will ask everyone who is not 100% healthy to not come until they are. We feel that everyone would understand, and agree, that we only want what is best for Zac.
Keep the prayers coming for a complete and total recovery! May receive all the glory and praise!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #94
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update Thursday Oct. 1

Zac has had a very busy day. When I got there this morning they were doing an echocardiogram because of his increased heart rate yesterday. Before that person had left his room, the man arrived to put in a midline in Zac's left arm so that he won't have to worry with I.V. lines now.
Then the infectious disease Dr. came, then the pulmonary Dr. came, then Zac got his new bed, then Zac got his trach replaced (they have to be replaced once a month), and he also got a bath and shave. He was taken off the vent at 10:30 this morning, and when I left he was still off the vent and they were planning on leaving him off throughout the night unless he started having problems!!
They got Zac a special chair to sit up in, but when it was delivered it was for an obese person. Zac is weighing somewhere around 130-135# now, so needless to say it was too wide for him. They are giving Zac medications to help him "emerge" from his coma. His primary Dr. also came by today and said "We just have to wait and see". Boy, have we heard that all along this journey!
Zac continued to move his head today, but he didn't crack his eyes open. We were happy that the Dr's said that Zac can have his neck brace off when he is in bed. The CT scan showed no fractures, so his skull fracture has healed. They are doing his feedings differently now. Instead of constant feeding throughout the day, they are giving him a feeding every 6 hours. He is tolerating this well so far.
Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. This will be a long journey for all of us. We don't know what the future holds for us, but we continue to ask for a complete healing and full restoration for Zac. I just feel that has much more work for him and many lives to touch through his testimony.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #95
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Bless Zac. My prayers for him
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #96
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update from Friday Oct. 2

Well, answered the prayer fast that Zac would wean off the vent easily. He has now been off the vent for over 33 hours!! This afternoon when i got to his room, I was told by the director of respiratory that he was not even rec'g the oxygen through his trach anymore.
The correct size Barton chair was delivered tonight, and hopefully Zac will be transferred into it tomorrow so that he can sit up for a while. His primary Dr. came and we discussed chosing a neurosurgeon when it is time for Zac's surgery to have the bone flap put back in. Fred and I have one in mind and he and Zac's primary Dr. are personal friends.
Again, this proves to me how is in control of this whole situation and continues to answer our prayers for guidance every step of the way. Zac did crack his eyes open tonight, the right one more than the left. He had 3 more visitors today. We are gradually allowing people to come and see Zac, but if you are not 100% healthy, you won't be allowed near him. Remember, only what's best for Zac
Old 10-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #97
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Prayers are being answered everyday!!! Good news around every corner!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #98
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Wow! This is such great news! Keep it up Zac! Prayers still heading up for you!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #99
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Update Sat. Oct. 3

Zac is still off the vent! He is getting 1 liter of oxygen through his trach today because his heart rate is above 100. The nursing staff got him from his bed into his Barton chair and he was able to sit up for about an hour and a half. Then, Zac had another bout of vomiting and was returned to bed. They do not believe this had any thing to do with his feeding, but maybe over-stimulation.
The cardiologist came in and said that Zac had some fluid around his heart, but it was a small amount, and no treatment was necessary. The respiratory therapist said that tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Zac will have been off the vent for 72 hours. At that point they officially can say that someone is weaned off the vent. If his blood gases are good in the morning, they will even remove the ventilator machine from his room. I would say that answered that prayer pretty fast!!
Zac barely cracked his right eye open before I left tonight. Can't remember if we were talking about his Dad's new iPhone or ordering pizza! LOL
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #100
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm really happy to hear Zac is doing better. I will keep him in my prayers for a full recovery. GODSPEED

Advertisement