MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #41
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid View Post
There is a great fundraising effort to help with moving Zac down to Houston, but there is also a strong need to help his family with travel expenses to see Zac. As you know, Zac's mom and siblings are here in Texas, and it is incredibly difficult and expensive to fly up. If any of you have frequent flier miles that you could donate or use for tickets, please let me and Jenny know at your earliest convenience. If you would like to contribute to their travel and hotel expenses, you can use a dedicated account for that:

American State Bank
Contact Person: Kimla
Ph.# 817-598-0045

I will help set up a dedicated Paypal account for the travel expenses. The immediate need is for about $950 for travel/hotel to reunite Jenny with Zac. Please let me know if/how you could help.

Thanks!

Yuliya
Hi Yuliya,

I posted on the CMRA board this morning, I have air miles I can donate that should cover a round trip ticket for one person but I have not heard from anyone. You can give me a call at 512-818-6789 and we can work out the details.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #42
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Hi Yuliya,

I posted on the CMRA board this morning, I have air miles I can donate that should cover a round trip ticket for one person but I have not heard from anyone. You can give me a call at 512-818-6789 and we can work out the details.
Thanks! I'm waiting to hear back from Jenny and will try to coordinate things.
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #43
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

I got an email from Jenny, her husband has a Paypal account tied to her checking that can be used. I will personally vouch that any donations will be used to offset $933 in travel expenses and future travel etc.

The email to use for Paypal donations is robertumbaugh @ att.net (delete spaces around @). Chris and others - If you can help in any other way with travel and accommodations, including by donating or using frequent flier miles for tickets, please contact Jenny directly to coordinate at eviltwin65 @ sbcglobal.net (delete spaces around @).

Every little bit helps. I'm a mom and I cannot imagine how incredibly hard it is to have to be away from my son in such circumstances; I hope we can help until Zac can get strong enough to return to Texas.

Last edited by Lil Squid; 08-31-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #44
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from last night (Monday Aug. 31)

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. She read to me some of the EEG report, but we agreed that a neurosurgoen should give their interpretation to make sure of the meaning. I can say that there were no seizure patterns present. This is not necessarily a good thing.

In a way, it would be better if Zac was having seizures, then that would explain why he isn't "coming out" of the coma more and they could give him more/different anti seizure medication that would hopefully stop them. Hope to be able to tell everyone more tomorrow about the EEG.

The vent. is at a rate of 6 and Zac is breathing 15-16. His temp. was 99.5 at its highest. The nurse did say that Zac was having movement in his legs, but not the arms tonight. He did react to a pinch in the neck/shoulder area by turning his head.

Therapy is coming in and moving his arms and legs so they don't get stiff. Of course, being a therapist myself, I can't help but do the same when I am there as well as making sure he is positioned well in the bed, etc.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone who came to the "Zac Attack" Benefit. It looks as if over $7000 was raised!! Please pray that guidance will be given in all decisions ahead, whether financial or medical. We must do what's best for Zac. Continue to pray for a complete recovery for Zac!! Love to all of you...
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #45
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Every day I read this and it just makes my heart sink... At the same time it makes me very honored to be around such good people in this sport!

Prayers for strength sent!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #46
mizpah
v con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

May be with him..
mizpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #47
jheeziee110

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 1000
03 xr 50
Arctic Cat Mud pro 700
Legend Bass Boat
02 Xr 50

pull through it bro. You guys will be in my prayers
jheeziee110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #48
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates Tuesday night (Sep. 1)

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. Zac spiked a temp today of 103.5, but it is down to 100.8. His heart rate is higher, but she said that is not unusual with a temp. Zac hasn't been able to breathe on his own completely for a while now, but the vent is at a setting of 6 with Zac breathing 12-14.

She said that the "team" (team of dr's) wanted Zac's spinal fluid to be infection free and then they could do the shunt. His pnemonia has cleared up. Please continue in prayer for Zac that the Lord will heal him completely and restore him completely. Pray for us, the family, that we will always put Zac's needs first!!! Love and gratitude to all...

I wanted to add something I forgot. Zac has not been moving his arms like he did that one time in a while. They are seeing leg movements however. It would be wonderful if he opened his eyes and had purposeful movements. We must continue to pray!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #49
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

Prayers sent.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #50
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Wed. night Sep. 2

Just got off the phone with the nurse. Zac has been keeping her busy tonight. Zac had a fever that reached 105.3. They cooled him off and now it is down to 101.3. Zac vomited twice as well. After hearing that, I was a little down, but then she told me that Zac had been breathing on his own since about 12:00 or 1:00! She did say that respiratory was in his room now and might be having to make changes.

As she said, "It's one step forward and two steps back sometimes." This is an emotional roller coaster and I wouldn't be able to make it without knowing our Lord and Savior was in control and that He loves Zac even more than I do. Julia and I will be flying out early Fri. morning to go see him. Continue in prayer for Zac and the family. Bless...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #51
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Zac, we are still praying for you man!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #52
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Thursday update:

Zac's temp was 98.8 today. He needed help from the vent to be able to breathe. They had to remove his pic line in his right arm to rule out infection. Because of this, they put an IV in his left arm.

Jenny and Julia leave bright and early tomorrow morning for VA. She hopes to use the computer at the hotel to make updates.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #53
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Friday Sep. 4 updates:

Zac has had a rough day today. He has gone through 2 procedures. The first one was to put in a filter that is above his heart to prevent blood clots that were found in his right arm after his pic line was removed from traveling to places we don't want them to go. The ventricular drain that was in the right side of his head was not draining for some reason. They removed this one and put one in on the left side.

Zac is not breathing on his own today, the vent is doing it all. The movements that are in his legs are not purposeful movements, they are only reflex movements. This is one of those hard updates to give. Please everyone pray for Zac. He is in such need of prayer. I will try to get to a computer tomorrow to give another update. Love to you all...
Old 09-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #54
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Saturday night Sep. 5:

Sitting here in the room with Zac and borrowing Alannah's laptop to give you an update. His temp is 99.5 with a fan blowing on him. The vent is set at 12 and he is not breathing any above the vent. He is having to endure the company of three women today! Poor thing, this may be overstimulation for him. Ha-ha. There is not much to report as far as changes. Keep the prayers coming for a miracle healing from !!!!!!

The neurosurgeon has said that they may not put the shunt in now. Zac's pressures in the brain are low and there may be no need for the shunt. The team of Dr's make "grand rounds" on Tues. mornings and maybe a decision will be reached then about the shunt. If this is the case, then when Zac is stable enough, he could come to Texas to the LTAC in Ft. Worth.

The three of us (Alannah, Julia, and I) told Zac that he was pretty much a "couch potato" today, and that tomorrow he needs to show us some breathing above the vent. Today, the vent did all of his breathing for him. His temp was 99.7 when I left the hospital. Again, it seems to be a waiting game. I think it would be great if Zac does not need the shunt and he can come "home" to Texas.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Zac's birthday because we will not have time to do so on his actual birthday (Monday) because we will be flying home. Please continue in prayer for Zac. Nothing is impossible with and I know that He loves him even more than I do!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #55
Dr.Gonzo's Mom

Bike(s):
Soon

Prayers will never stop tell Zac not to give up

Thank you for keeping us update
Dr.Gonzo's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #56
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Prayer sent for Zac and his family.

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #57
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

All my prayers are for Zac and his family.Gods Speed
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #58
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Yesterday was Zac's birthday. Happy 20th, Zac!

Jenny's updates from Monday Sep. 7:

Julia, Alannah, and I all flew back today from Virginia. We agreed it was hard to leave, but hopefully Zac will be back in Texas soon. The latest on Zac is that he is having a hard time weaning off the vent (need for specific prayer). The longer that he is on the vent, the harder it will be weaning him off. He now has MRSA and we have to wear gowns and gloves when in his room.

He is on 3 different antibiotics for infection. The Dr's have not made a final decision about the shunt for Zac. He still has the 1 drain for excess spinal fluid which is showing low output and low intracranial pressure. They are concerned what will happen if/when that is removed. We will wait for their decision, but have told them it needs to be made as soon as possible.

If they decide he needs the shunt, then Zac has to be infection free. Many of you know that the longer you are in the hospital, the greater the risk for infection, especially if you are not up walking or moving around. This could take a while. If he does not need the shunt, then we are ready to take Zac somewhere else. At his current condition, Zac is not appropriate for the Shepherd Institute in Atlanta.

If he does not show improvement at this time, he will most likely come to the LTAC in Ft. Worth. We do pray for Zac's condition to improve to the point where he is restored completely!! Our family would like nothing more than for Zac to walk back in that hospital and tell those Dr's that he knows the Great Physician and they were wrong!!!

We pray for 's will to be done, but we do ask for full restoration for Zac. Please continue in prayer that Zac will be healed, and all the praise and glory would go to our Lord and Savior!!!

By the way, many of you wished Zac a Happy Birthday and I told him that. He has many cards on the walls of his room sending get well thoughts and a few happy birthday at this time. If any of you want to send a card, the address is: Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Zac Chapman Room 972, 1906 Belleview Ave, Roanoke, VA 24014.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	27313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac1.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	27314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac2.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	27315  

Name:	Zac3.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	27316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac4.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	27317  
Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #59
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

More pics from Zac's room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zac5.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	27318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac6.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	27319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac7.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	27320  

Name:	Zac8.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	27321  
Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #60
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Tuesday night Sep. 8:

Spoke with Zac's dad today. He said that the neurosurgeon has decided that Zac will need the shunt and there is a possibility that he could do this by the end of this week. When the Dr. puts in the shunt, he will also put back in the piece of Zac's skull that had to be removed in the beginning due to the swelling. Zac's temp and heart rate are good. He was able to breath some over the vent last night, but not today.

If Zac could get the shunt put in soon before anything else has a chance to happen, this would be good. We pray for Zac to stay stable and to only show improvement. We pray that the surgery to put in the shunt will go well and without any complications. We pray that Zac will recover quickly from the surgery and that he can be transported to the place that is best for him at this time. We pray for everyone involved in Zac's care that they would use their skills to take care of him and provide the best care possible. We pray for to continue to walk beside Zac as well as his family and friends. We pray for a miracle and we ask it all in the name of Jesus knowing that He can do anything!!!! Amen

Alannah has taken the time and energy to get Zac T-shirts made. I have seen the pics of them and they are awesome. They will be sold for $15.00 each. If anyone is interested let Jenny know at eviltwin65@sbcglobal.net, I hear the first batch is going quickly!

Advertisement