MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #21
MLI820

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2009 GSXR 600

Prayers sent!!! Hope for a full recovery!

MLI820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #22
justcruzin

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
800 intruder

knee mail sent from fastlane chapter pray for speady recovery and strength in thier faith untill that time comes!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #23
aarongore

Bike(s):
SV650, ZX7RR

Here is a link for updates on Zac...

http://www.newriver.tv/zac/
aarongore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #24
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Man I hope this guy pulls through.
Never met Zac but we share the same hobby, hope you pull through.
Prayer sent
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #25
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongore View Post
Here is a link for updates on Zac...

http://www.newriver.tv/zac/
Good looking our Aaron. I just found that link on the CMRA forum and was about to post it.
Continued prayers for you Zac.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #26
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

prayers sent! I hope this kid makes it, so young!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #27
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Updates from Jenny, Zac's mom, from Monday night (from most recent to the older).

Midnight: Zac made it through the procedure. The drain is in place and his intracranial pressure is around 13. They want it below 20. Thanks for the prayers everyone. I'll keep you guys posted.

10:06pm: Just got off the phone with Fred, there is increased swelling in the brain and they have done a CT scan which has showed dilation of the ventricles from the last CT scan. They are taking Zac down to put back in a ventricular drain to remove excess spinal fluid. There are risks involved. If anyone is awake and reading this, please start praying for Zac.

8:31pm Please spread the word that my updates here are the most accurate. I call the nurses station directly and speak to them on every shift. It is hard for me to see the wrong information on another site. I know everyone means well, but I am getting this firsthand and not having it passed down to me by someone that may not have medical knowledge. Anyone may request to be a friend that wants info on Zac. Bless!!!!

8:08pm I will keep everyone posted with updates here if my friend Yuliya can keep copying and pasting these to other sites. I would love to have Zac back home in Texas and close to family and friends, but if another location can meet his needs better, than another route could be taken. Please continue to pray for strength and guidance in all of the decisions that we must make in the days ahead, and complete healing for Zac.

8:03pm The facility was clean and now we know 3 people that work there. Fred spoke with a nurse case manager today in Virginia who mentioned a place in Atlanta Georgia that is well respected for spinal cord injured and traumatic brain injury patient care. I'm not sure what his thoughts are at this time other than we both want what is best for Zac.

7:59pm: Latest update on Zac is that he is about the same medically. He keeps battling a temperature that reaches 104 at its peak. His carbon dioxide levels are such that he has not met criteria for an attempt at weaning off the vent as of today. His level is too high, therefore he needs the vent to keep helping convert this into oxygen. I went to an LTAC in Ft. Worth today and was pleased.
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #28
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Thank you for the update!!
I am guessing that is his mother's twitter?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #29
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Jenny posts updates on her Facebook page and asked me to post them as appropriate as she doesn't have posting privileges (or time) to do that.

UPDATED Aug. 25 2pm:

2 pm: They have been able to cut the doseage of medicine in half that they are giving him to keep his blood pressure up. His blood pressure now is 103/61. Zac is still not considered stable, but he is better than last night and earlier this morning. As you can imagine this is so scary for all of us...things can change so fast from good to not so good. Please continue in prayer that will completely heal Zac and that he will return to us fully restored.

2pm: Just got off the phone with Zac's nurse who stated that his intracranial pressure is still below 20. Zac is still showing swelling/increased fluid in his head. The neurosurgeons looked at his CT scan and feel that the darker areas are fluid and not areas of permanent brain damage. I like their thinking!! The only way to be sure of this would be to do an MRI, but they cannot due to his vent. drain.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

That would be so awesome if it is just fluid!

Another prayer sent!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #31
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post

Another prayer sent!

+1
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #32
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

There is a paypal set up if you would like to contribute to Zac's recovery fund. The email address is FLCHAPMAN@GMAIL.COM
Wrist bands have also been made. They are red and look like the LiveStrong bracelets and say Pray For Zac. I don't know the info about getting them, but I have emailed Zac's dad to find out more. If anyone is interested I will let you know as soon as I find out more.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #33
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Funds and prayers sent...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #34
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

prayers sent...
Old 08-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #35
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updated, 9pm Aug. 25:

Just got off the phone with Zac's nurse and Zac is doing better. The neurosurgeon that put in his vent. drain wants Zac's pressure below 15. On this shift they have had to open it to drain 1 time because the intracranial pressure went above 15. Zac is scheduled for a CT scan at 8:00 in the morning. They will look to see if the ventricles are smaller, and if there is less fluid on the brain/in the skull.

If the 1 drain is working well, then good. If not and the ventricles still look larger than they should, they will probably have to put in a 2nd drain as they had to before. Zac's temperature is 98.9, his pupils are reacting, and his blood pressure is good without any of the medication they were having to give him to bring it up!! Whew!! (sigh of relief) Again, thank you all for your love, concern, and prayers.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #36
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Zac's mom, 9pm Thursday:

Hello everyone! Last night was a little rough for Zac, but he had a good day today. The tube feeding was not being digested well, so Zac vomited some last night. Today his blood sugars have been good, his temp is 100.9, and he has been breathing on his own since about 12:30 Virginia time!!!! I spoke to the nurse at 9:00 Virginia time. Our little fighter!!

They are giving him a little extra amount of fluid to prevent dehydration. I asked the nurse how his latest neuro check went and he said that there were "movements in Zac's legs", his pupils are still equal and reactive, and he is seeing "eye fluttering". We agreed that anything new, no matter how small, was hopefully a good sign.

If the newest antibiotic can take care of the infection in the lungs, he could have the shunt put in as early as next Tues. This was one of those good days, you know, where your faith wasn't tested to the point where you wanted to cry out. It's days like this that make thanking for His goodness a little easier. Not that we don't know that is good no matter what.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #37
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid View Post
If the newest antibiotic can take care of the infection in the lungs, he could have the shunt put in as early as next Tues. This was one of those good days, you know, where your faith wasn't tested to the point where you wanted to cry out. It's days like this that make thanking for His goodness a little easier. Not that we don't know that is good no matter what.
I just can't imagine how this tests her faith, this is her son!!! I just can't imagine! Great news on the legs and eye's moving though! More prayers on the way! Escpecially for Zac's mom and dad!

Thanks for the updates!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #38
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Saturday night Aug. 29:

Well, we had a great turnout at the "Zac Attack" benefit. Thank you to everyone, especially Becky, for their hard work. Haven't had much of a change in Zac's condition from earlier today. They have seen movement in his arms and legs. There was an episode of purposeful movement in Zac's right hand last night.

Zac appears to be attempting to open his eyes. There is some eye(ball) movement that is making the neurosurgeon wonder if Zac is having small seizures, so they will be doing another EEG tomorrow. His temp was 100.4 and his intracranial pressure was good. This is stressful for a family, so please pray for peace to abound.

Updates from Friday night Aug. 28:

Zac had another good day. I found out that yesterday Zac was breathing on his own for 12 hours. Today, they have his vent setting on 2, but the nurse wasn't sure why they did not try letting Zac breath on his own completely. His temp and blood pressure are good. Zac is reacting to a pinch on his shoulder area by either turning his head or his heart rate goes up. This is new and good!!

The nurse told me tonight that they will not be putting the shunt in until around Sept. 9th. Julia and I will be flying back up labor day weekend for Zac's birthday on Sept. 7th. We are getting ready for the "Zac Attack" benefit tomorrow. Thank you to everyone involved;I know this has taken hard work. As always, thank you for your love, concerns, and prayers!! bless you all...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Updates from Sunday afternoon and evening:

4:51pm Spoke with Zac's nurse after church. They performed the EEG to test for seizure activity, but since it's the weekend, we may not find the results out until tomorrow. Other than that, no change in his condition. Zac is on the vent at a rate of 6. They attempted to let him breath on his own last night, but he was unable to. I'll update again tonight. Keep praying!!!

9.15pm Spoke with Zac's evening shift nurse who stated that Zac got a haircut! Now, all of Zac's hair should be the same length...buzzed. Zac still wasn't able to breath on his own completely, so the vent. rate is 8. There are still no results of the EEG, but we should hear something tomorrow. His temp. is 99. Still hoping soon in the future I will be able to report that Zac's eyes are open, or that he is having purposeful movement on a regular basis. We will all keep praying for that miracle healing!!! Thank you all so much for your love, concern, and prayers.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #40
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

There is a great fundraising effort to help with moving Zac down to Houston, but there is also a strong need to help his family with travel expenses to see Zac. As you know, Zac's mom and siblings are here in Texas, and it is incredibly difficult and expensive to fly up. If any of you have frequent flier miles that you could donate or use for tickets, please let me and Jenny know at your earliest convenience. If you would like to contribute to their travel and hotel expenses, you can use a dedicated account for that:

American State Bank
Contact Person: Kimla
Ph.# 817-598-0045

I will help set up a dedicated Paypal account for the travel expenses. The immediate need is for about $950 for travel/hotel to reunite Jenny with Zac. Please let me know if/how you could help.

Thanks!

Yuliya

Advertisement