MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #281
the mother

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

It's so good to here that Zac is doing so much better. He looks good and with everyday he will do better and look better. My prayer's go out to all of you everynight. Please keep us up dated and BLESS ALL OF YOU
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #282
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Glad he is doing better... Even in his current condition, based on the picture and the TV, looks like he is still interested in bikes!!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #283
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Mar. 19

Zac is jumping right in and letting the staff know what he wants and what he doesn't want. He made it evident with head nodding that he did not want to wear the boots last night that he usually wears every night. He told me today that they are hot and he does not want to wear them. He also told them he did not want to wear a gown, but wanted to sleep in a T shirt.

One of the staff said to Zac, "Zac, you're the boss now right?" and it was so cute to see Zac nodd "yes" to this!

Zac had a good day in therapy today. They stood him up with the standing frame for about 7-8 minutes until his heart rate went up and they sat him back down. He had good head control during therapy also.
The J tube has been removed and now Zac only has the tube that goes into his stomach for his feeding. He is still tolerating his feedings well. The cuff on his trach is still completely deflated and he is tolerating that as well. If things continue to progress, Zac should get that trach out.
Zac is moving fingers on both hands and can also move his left wrist. He also has movement in both feet. Return of movement in his body is slow, and he is still unable to talk, but everyone is hopeful and optimistic regarding his recovery. There is no doubt that Zac is working very hard, everyone comments on how they can see how hard he is working.
I have said all along that is in control of this entire situation. Zac knows this as well and we are both grateful for how far has brought him.
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #284
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

It's so good to hear good news about Zac. is truely with him and so are all my prayer's. Please keep us updated on Zac progress. BLESS ALL OF YOU
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #285
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Mar 21

I just can't express how great it is to talk to my son!! I can ask him anything, and he understands me. I had been curious about his cross necklace that he used to wear all the time. I asked him if he knew where it was and he nodded yes. I told him that I was glad that he knew where it was because I had worried that it had been lost if he had worn it to Virginia. We discussed his sideburns and he told me that he liked longer, skinnier sideburns. Even though they have now increased his feeding rate to the goal rate, he said he still feels hungry. We talked about how one day we hope to get rid of his trach and then we can work on swallowing, which will eventually lead to him being able to eat by mouth again. This is why I am careful to never eat in front of Zac now. I think it would be hard to watch someone eating food when you can't and you're hungry.
I also asked Zac about the tiimes when he is there by himself. He said that he doesn't like it when he is by himself. I have been coming on Sundays after church/lunch and just found out that he is there by himself until I get there. I told Zac I would work on that!!

via Jenny
Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #286
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)

nice to hear that he is doing much better... bless!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #287
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Your such a great MOM , Zac is lucky to have you. It make me so happy everytime I read how Zac has improved. I will keep praying for Zac for a full recovery . BLESS ALL OF YOU.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #288
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

i haven't read this thread in a while.... I am SO GLAD he is getting better. Prayers keep coming your way zac
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #289
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Mar 22

Another day with Zac and more revealing conversations. Today, I realized the "old Zac" is still in there. The poor kid still says his wheelchair hurts his bottom. I sat in it today and it was hard!! The wheelchair people are to come and work on making it more comfortable for Zac. A friend of Zac's came to visit today; he asked Zac if he knew who he was, I could see Zac trying to say the name "Randy" with his mouth!!

Mar 23

Another exciting day for Zac! Since Zac has transitioned to Medicaid at the nursing home, he only gets therapy 3 times a week. The PT and OT have been doing their treatments on the same days, Mon Wed and Fri. Today, zac was trying to say something and a board with letters on it had been made. He looked at the letters P-H-Y.

The person that was there with him said "Zac, do you want to go to physical therapy?" and he nodded yes. Today was not a day that he was supposed to get therapy, but the therapist came in to his room and worked with him anyway. That is an example of the staff at that facility and how much they care about Zac. They are now going to stagger the therapies so that Zac gets therapy every day Mon-Fri.

Zac is wanting to work so hard at getting better. He wants to do therapy every day. He understands that this will help him get better faster. He always lets me do therapy on him and I enjoy it. After I worked on his arms and legs tonight, he started moving in the bed. I asked him if he was hurting and he nodded yes. I started naming body parts, but wasn't having any luck. The sad part is I could see his mouth moving and he was trying to tell me, but I just couldn't make it out. I asked him if he would look at the letter board and he nodded yes. He looked at the letters B-L-A-D. I asked if it was his shoulder blades and he nodded no, I asked if it was his bladder and he nodded yes. I said "Zac, do you need to pee?" (sorry, but I did say it that way) and he nodded yes. I went and got the nurse and he helped Zac use a urinal and Zac did it!!! This means that Zac is realizing when he has to go to the bathroom.
THIS IS HUGE!!!!!
I can't even begin to give enough thanks to ! is so good
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #290
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Zac did well with speech therapy today. He tolerated the speaking valve over his trach for a good 25 min with his oxygen level remaining good. He was unable to make any strong audible sounds, but he was trying very hard! He is gaining more tongue and lip movement. They weighed him today in his wheelchair on a different scale and he weighed around 121, we know this is not accurate, but he is gaining weight!

Via Jenny
Old 03-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #291
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

So glad to hear about Zac's advancements!!!

KEEP IT UP, BROTHA!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #292
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I am so very happy to hear that Zac is doing so well. This makes me see is there with Zac everyday and all of our prayer's are paying off. I will keep praying for a full recovery , and I know this will happen. is with Zac all the time. And with a Mom like you he can only get better. BLESS ALL OF YOU. Please keep up dated.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #293
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Mar 28

Zac did have a good amount of visitors today. The posse came to see him as did dear friends of the family. Zac raised his left arm up which is something new! My sister made a smaller letter board for Zac that should be easier for him to use.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #294
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm so glad to hear that everyday there is something new that Zac can do. Keep us updated and I will keep up my prayer's BLESS ALL OF YOU
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #295
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 3-29-2010

Zac's pulmonary Dr came to his room today and I asked Zac if he had a question for the Dr and he nodded yes. He asked the Dr " When can I get trach out?" and " When can I drink?" The Dr. said that Zac's vocal cords need to be working before he can get the trach out which means that Zac needs to be able to talk. Zac cannot eat or drink until the trach comes out, so the pulmonary Dr is going to have Zac seen by a ear, nose, and throat (ENT) Dr. His vocal cords need to be checked to make sure they are ok, and have not been damamged.
Zac asked that people pray that his vocal cords will be ok and that he can get that trach out. He wants to start talking, eating, and drinking. I told him that i would ask for specific prayer for those things.
Thank you all for you love, support, concern, and prayers for Zac. Now come on, who of you would refuse his request?!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #296
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That is such great news. I will pray for Zac to get the trach out. I bet he is really tired of that. bless him he has been through alot. But thanks to and the doctors and you his mother , he just get's better and better. Please keep us updated. BLESS ALL OF YOU
Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #297
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

3-31

Zac in the vertical position!!! This is the standing frame they use to stand him up. There is a belt that goes behind his bottom to help lift him up.

4-1

Zac weighs 118.8 now, so he is definitely gaining weight. Zac is looking forward to going to church this Sunday. He is also ready to go to the Dr. tomorrow to get his vocal cords checked out. Please keep this matter in prayer!!!!

4-3

Well, after Monday I should have a better idea what is next on the prayer list. I want to talk to the speech therapist and the respiratory therapist to find out what happens from here. I am guessing that Zac will get to start wearing the speaking valve longer in an attempt for him to start vocalizing. Right now, I would say pray that Zac will be able to start talking!!!

One of "the family/posse" thought of an idea how Zac could type to communicate with us easier. Eric, u the man!!! I can't wait to get there tomorrow to see if he can do it. Tylenol pm, help me fall asleep!!! Zac did fairly well going to church today. It was a little overwhelming for him at first he communicated to me. But, he said he enjoyed it and was happy that he could go.

4-5

Zac typed the first thing he wants to eat, and where he wants it from

Thanks to "THE MAN", Eric, Zac was able to use a mouse with a virtual keyboard on the laptop to type a message. After he said he was hungry, he was asked what the first thing was he wants to eat, and from where.

Zac did well today using the new form of communication. He was exhausted after typing 4 lines. I also think he was still worn out from going to church yesterday. Zac also communicated that he hears better out of one ear than the other (the right), he also said that he can see out of one eye better than the other (the right). He also communicated that he has double vision at times, but that goes away when he wears a patch over one eye.
Can't wait to see what does next!!

4-6

Heard that Zac worked so hard again in therapy today. He stood for 10 minutes today with the standing frame. When Janet, Wendy, and I went to go see him this afternoon, he was "out like a light" from fatigue. After he woke up, I read some posts from 2 other sites I post on. It was so nice showing him how many people love him and are praying for him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	33586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zac2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	33587  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #298
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Wendys ftw...that's so awesome

Way to go zac!!!!!
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #299
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Wow. Its been a while since I read up on him. Its good to hear he is doing so much better. Its been good news, but its still kinda hard to read. The pics are a nice addition.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #300
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

This is such great news, I'm so glad to hear how he has improved. I know all this has been hard on your family, but MOM you are keeping it strong. I will keep him in my prayer's. BLESS ALL OF YOU.

Advertisement