Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #261
SeaBasss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR
97 Suzuki RM250

Prayer sent.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #262
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Hope he pulls through. Prayers sent out over and over to all in need.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM   #263
the mother

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

You go Zac , keep up the good work. Prayer's sent for you Zac for a full recovery. Prayer's sent for the family to keep strong. BLESS ALL OF YOU. Please keep us updated.
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #264
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

2/4/10

Zac held his head up on his own for over 3 minutes today!! I will have to say that after an awesome therapy session with PT and OT, he "rested" the rest of the time I was there. The things that seem so effortless to us, huh?!

2/5/10

Zac can inconsistently answer "yes" "no" questions. He is still on the antibiotics for the pneumonia and I have not been told what the latest chest x-ray showed as far as how his lungs look. Zac had to be taken to the emergency room today because his feeding tube got clogged. They were able to unclog it and send Zac back to the nursing home.
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #265
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Keep you head up things are getting better, is watching over Zac. Please keep us updated. BLESS ALL OF YOUR FAMILY AND ZAC.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #266
BIG UGLY 1
GETIN SOME!

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
98 YZF 1000R sold
NINJA 500R sold
zzr 600 sold

sorry to hear that .I don"t know him personally,but prayers sent
Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #267
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Really sorry about the gap, I've been working and will be traveling until end of February so the updates may be a little sporadic over the next couple of weeks.

2/6/10

Found out today that Zac has MRSA again. They put a PICC line in his left arm for I.V. antibiotics to be started. Zac held his head up on his own for 6 and a half minutes today, a new record for him. He was able to perform opening and closing of his eye, that did not have the patch over it, upon command 7 times consecutively!!! Aunt Janet got to witness this as well today

2/7/10

Repeat chest xray done today, do not know the results yet. Zac was coughing a bunch today, but at least he has a strong enough cough to get it up. Thank you all for praying for Zac and the family. I must remember I cannot control the actions of others; I can only control my actions. As long as I am kept informed of Zac's medical condition by the facility, I do not need to be concerned with the ex.

2/8/10

Read the xray report myself today, Zac's pneumonia is completely gone! Today in therapy they had him standing using a "standing frame". With the assist of 4 people, Zac stood up with a sling that supported his bottom for 10 minutes. This was very taxing on Zac, but he did so well!!

2/9/10

Zac was coughing a lot tonight. With his infection, those that want to get close to him must put on a gown and mask. Zac was not very perky and his heart rate was up a little.

2/10/10

Zac has lost a little more weight, he is down to 115#. The dietician said that they are going to try and keep Zac's feeding going continuously, even during therapy and will see if he gains weight in a week's time. If he does not, then we talked about other options. It is very exciting using red/"no" and green/"yes" cards with Zac, and him answering questions about 80-90% of the time!!

Zac has 2 cards; one is red and has the word "no" on it, and the other one is green and has the word "yes" on it. Zac can answer questions approx. 80-90% of the time. Today, when discussing Zac's weight loss in his room while he was still in bed, the dietician held up the cards and asked Zac if he was hungry. He said "yes". Because he has not tolerated his feedings well for some time, they revised his feeding tube a while back and placed the feeding part of it past his stomach and into his intestines. So, he does feel hungry. She stated that they may try feeding him some in his stomach to help him not feel hungry.
That is hard to hear, that Zac is hungry; BUT it is exciting that Zac can communicate with us once again. The speech therapist asked Zac if he had double vision, he said "no". She asked him if his vision was blurry, he said "no". So, today he did not have to be a pirate. It is noticeable that his eyes are not tracking the same direction, so his vision can't be normal.
Today, I made sure all the follow up Dr's appts were taken care of. Zac is to return to his neurosurgeon next Wed. in Dallas. The social worker was going to set up the vision Dr. appt. with someone that will come to the facility. The neurologist that read the last EEG and found that Zac was having mild seizure activity, and ordered a new medication for Zac to take, is going to get back with nursing about follow up orders.
It was quite the productive day!!!

2/12/10

My husband Bobby drove me to go see Zac today. I had a great time "talking" with Zac. I asked him several different questions of which he answered every single one of them by looking at either the "yes" or "no" cards. It looks as if no one has shaved him in a few days, so I asked Zac if he was growing a beard to which he said "no". )))))))

via Jenny
Old 02-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #268
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

2/15/2010

Ok, here we go again...
Yesterday, Zac's heart rate went up to 156 at the nursing home and would not come down. His Drs said to send him to the hospital, so off to ER we went. In the ER his heart rate just kept getting higher and could not be controlled except with medicine that also lowered his blood pressure, so they could not keep giving it to him. They decided to admit him for observation. Later on, after his heart rate went over 170 and his temp reached 104.7, they transferred him to ICU. He is still in ICU at Harris downtown. All lab work and chest xrays came back showing nothing. This morning, he is resting comfortably with a heart rate of 111 and a temp of 97.5. They had to put a cooling blanket on him and pack him with ice to get his temp down. His heart rate has come down since his temp has come down and with the help of pain medicine which also has Tylenol in it. We still don't have any answers for why all this happenend.
Thank you all for praying for Zac, and I will keep you posted as I can.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #269
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

keep up the good work Zac, we know you can do this.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #270
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I know this is very hard for you and Zac . I will keep Zac and the family in my prayer's. Please keep us updated on Zac condition. BLESS ALL OF YOU.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #271
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

2/16/10

I saw Zac this morning and the posse went to see Zac tonight. Yeah posse!!! Zac is not as responsive today, Drs are monitoring this to see if it is due to stopping the 4 neurostimulators that he was taking to see if they were affecting his heart rate. The cultures showed he had pseudomonas and MRSA in his sputum. He was already being treated for these 2 things at the nursing home with different antibiotics.

Via Jenny
Old 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #272
nihaikitty
Squidette

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
check out my signature

prayers sent every day.
Always prayin for you Zac!

And about the auction...Whats a flux capacitor?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #273
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

I'm back in the country, sorry for the delay in update. Catching up here:

Feb 18

Went and saw Zac and they are waiting for a room to open up and then they will transfer him out of ICU. He is about the same, heart rate of 114 and temp of 99.3.

Feb 19

Zac has been transferred out of ICU.

Feb 22

Zac is continuing his stay in the hospital, but we are planning a bust out hopefully this week. He has another little buggie that must be treated with an antibiotic and must be better under control before we can bust him outta that place

Feb 24

Looks like the kid will be busting out of the hospital tomorrow!! I will be so glad to have him back at the Courtyards. Zac got a different trach yesterday. I am thankful that he was not coughing when I saw him today.

Feb 25

Zac did get to leave the hospital and return to the Courtyards. I asked him this morning if he was ready to leave the hospital and he looked at the "yes" card. I dropped off some of his stuff at the Courtyards and the staff were really excited that he was coming back. We are blessed that he is at a facility where the staff have come to love and care for him!!

Feb 26

Zac had to be taken back to the ER today because his feeding tube is not working...again. They have tried unclogging it in the ER, but are not having any luck. The Dr. in the ER is going to try and contact the Dr from Dallas that performed Zac's sugery to see if he has any ideas on another trick that is conservative and will prevent something else having to be done.

Zac is still in the ER, but is being admitted. They will have to replace his J tube either tomorrow or the next day. It is a special tube and they have to locate one first. Please pray for him, I really feel that he has lost weight during this last ordeal and I know they are having to hold his feedings through this.

Feb 27

Zac's surgery went well, but the Dr. explained that the type of feeding tube that Zac has is prone to problems and will get clogged up again. I will not get all technical, but if Zac is never able to tolerate feedings directly into his stomach, this will be a way of life for him unless we opt to have another surgery performed later on down the line.

Feb 28

Zac had kind of a rough afternoon today. He started coughing so much that after about 15 straight minutes of coughing, he threw up. His blood pressure went up, his temp went up, and his heart rate went up. By the time I left, his blood pressure was normal as was his temp. He was still coughing though and his heart rate was elevated.

Just got a call from Zac's dad, Zac is having high residuals in both parts of his feeding tube. They are having to hold his feeding for a while till that improves. I guess Zac is having "one of those days" :(

Mar 1

Spent the day with Zac. He snoozed most of the day, I think he was tired from his rough day yesterday. A chest xray was done to make sure that when he threw up yesterday he did not aspirate any into his lungs. Did not know the results before I left today.

Mar 2

Zac had a really good day today. One of the posse members, Wendy, stayed with him some today and got to hear firsthand how Zac nodded his head in response to some questions as well as moving his eyes. In fact, Zac did this several times today, for several people, including doing it for a skeptical nurse. That nurse is a believer now! Zac's heart rate was good today and he was very alert ) I love that boy so much!

Mar 3

Well, today topped yesterday!! Zac answered all questions today with nodding of his head for "yes" or "no". He answered all questions appropriately. Tomorrow they will start giving him some of his nutrition into his G tube (directly into his stomach) to see if he can start tolerating it. It is so good getting to communicate with Zac. This is going to help us, and him, with his care. I had to smile when I asked him if he wanted to watch what was on t.v. and he shook his head no. I asked him if he wanted me to turn the t.v. off and he shook his head no. I said "do you want Julia to see what else is on t.v.?" and he closed his eyes and then opened them which means "ok".

Zac is having a rough night, praying for his heart rate and pain level to come down.

Mar 4

Zac is doing better today. He is still nodding away with those "yes" "no" responses. He sure did tire out easily though. Thanks to one of the posse, Wendy, for staying with him some today!! I just love that boy!!!!! <)

Had another good day with Zac, even though he did tire easily. When he was asked if he wanted to go outside(in his wheelchair) he said "no". Not sure what to think about that response, but we will try to get him outside again when the weather is pretty.

Mar 5

The speech therapist brought in a flavored tongue depressor today and Zac could tell us what the flavor was...it was grape. He knew it wasn't chocolate The boy is amazing!! Small steps in the right direction, glory to !!!

Mar 7

Yesterday, Zac could remember his little chevy S10 truck, his dodge truck, that he attended Weatherford college, and that he worked at Family Powersports. He does not have memories of right before going to Virginia (for the motorcycle race) or going to Virginia. I got him outside yesterday briefly to show him the Zac Attack sticker on the back of my car which he had not seen.

Zac had a rough morning. His oxygen level dropped and his heart rate went up. After a breathing treatment, being suctioned, and pain medicine, there was improvement. Zac is able to communicate so well now that we are able to find out where he is hurting by process of elimination now. That is so helpful in taking care of him!!

Mar 7 Note:

I so enjoy my visits with Zac. When he is feeling good, and not sleepy or tired, it is so exciting to be able to talk with him. I still get asked how much I think he understands; I think he understands everything. He has answered questions that I thought might be too confusing or difficult for him to answer. A staff member tonight wanted me to ask Zac if he was in pain and he nodded no. The staff member started smiling and laughing and he said "forgive me, its just so cute the way Zac answers questions". I said it is too cute and I told Zac that he was so cute I just wanted to eat him up like a cupcake. I said, is it ok if I call you my "little cupcake" and he nodded yes. He is too adoreable!!!
Tonight Zac knew that he had a birthday while he was in a coma, that he is 20 years old, that he broke his right foot from riding a dirtbike, that we celebrated my husbands birthday by eating at Cattlemans on the north side. So, he has memories in June before his accident in August.
I asked him yesterday if there was anything we could get/do for him. One thing that i found out was that he wanted a different pair of shoes to wear when he gets up in his wheelchair. The quest will continue to see if there is more that we can get/do for him

Mar 8

Zac had a pretty good day. He had therapy and worked hard on trying to hold his head up on his own. He is still doing well with feedings going into his stomach and they will be changing his formula by tomorrow to one with a higher calorie count.

Mar 9

Zac had a great day! He is able to follow simple directions on command: wiggle your toes Zac- and he did on his left foot!! He is still nodding his head very well for yes and no. He is able to identify simple WORDS and pictures!!! Yes guys, that means the super kid can read and understand the words!!!!!! He was able to indentify WORDS and pictures by functions/descriptions (scissors, plate, toothbrush, and spoon)

They put Zac in the recliner that is in his room after he was asked if he wanted to sit in it and he nodded yes. I asked him this afternoon if he liked sitting in the recliner and he nodded yes. We brought our dog Bella to visit Zac also. I think Zac agrees that she needs to lose some weight before she sits in his lap again ) Zac is still moving fingers of his left hand also!

Zac is now moving his toes on his left foot as well as moving his fingers on his left hand. The speech therapist was so excited to show me how Zac can read words and nod appropriately at what they are when a description is given. For example: The word PLATE is on a card; she says "Zac, is this something you sit in?" he nods no. "Zac, is this something you put food on?" and he nods yes. He has done this with pictures, but today was the first time he did this with words. He did this with the words "scissor, plate, toothbrush, and spoon".
Zac sat up in a recliner for hours today and said he enjoyed it.

Mar 11

Our internet was not working last night so couldn't give an update. Zac is still doing well, he is moving his fingers on his right and left hands, but better on the left. He is moving his toes on his right and left feet, but better on his left. Today, he had another great day of physical, occupational, and speech therapy. The weather was nice today so I asked Zac if he wanted to wear shorts and he nodded yes

Mar 13

Going to spend some time with Zac this morning before the big quincenera! My sister and Wendy told me that the speech therapist put a straw in Zac's mouth and he was able to close his lips around it. It is good that he is getting more movement with his tongue/mouth

Saw Zac this morning and he was bright eyed and bushytailed when I got there. He got up in his wheelchair, got his hair styled, his face washed, his sideburns trimmed, and then he was tired. Janet and Wendy came to relieve me since my daughter has the quincenera tonight and there were many errands for me to do before that. Zac now weighs 118.5! The boy has gained some weight
Old 03-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #274
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm so glade that he is doing so much Better. is watching over him. Your a great mom. I pray I never want to go through what your going through. My baby who's 22 got her racing licence last month. I really worry about her. I pray to to keep his hands on her and take care of her. I will keep my prayer's going to for Zac. Please keep us updated on his. BLESS YOU MOM AND ZAC AND FAMILY
Old 03-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #275
Spidermonkey
TTD's home grown

Bike(s):
07 sv650 trackbike/08 zx6 sold(i loved it)/ 08 R6 (head shakes!)

trackdays: 98

would u take a picture of him for us!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #276
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Mar 18

Had such a good day with Zac. He and I had some good talks today. His weight is 114.9 so they increased the rate on his tube feedings and if he tolerates this rate well for 48 hours then it will be increased again. The speech therapist said today that Zac is 100% there cognitively! I agree with her 100%!!

via Jenny
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #277
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Sure, here's a picture of Zac now sitting up in his recliner:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zac-photo-in-recliner.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	32978  
Old 03-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #278
Spidermonkey
TTD's home grown

Bike(s):
07 sv650 trackbike/08 zx6 sold(i loved it)/ 08 R6 (head shakes!)

trackdays: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid View Post
Sure, here's a picture of Zac now sitting up in his recliner:
HEY DUDE !
Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #279
nihaikitty
Squidette

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Thanks for the updates, Zac's mom, It's refreshing to read good news for a change! It sucks that you're always sick, Zac, I bet you feel like crud most of the time, but hey, at least now you can communicate with your mom a lot better! I'm sure that the method can be a bit frustrating at times when you want to say something specific(having to get someone to guess something before you can say "yes" or "no" to it), but at least it helps pass the time, heh. Too bad morse code is a dead mode of communication nowadays, wouldn't that be handy! The world wasn't created in a day, keep on truckin' towards that moment when you walk out of there, dude, I'll be praying for you!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #280
aznhero913
J.D.

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

good to see him up like this.
appreciate all the updates. please keep them coming.

Advertisement