MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #241
the mother

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

will see that he gets good care. My prayer's go out to for Zac for and full recovery. And I am praying for the whole family , I know this real hard on all of you. BLESS ALL OF YOU
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #242
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Sunday 1-10-2010

Zac had the posse come see him today as well as his uncle Joey. My twin sister Janet gave him her famous hand massage that helps with the increased tone in his fingers which is causing them to want to curl downward as if he is trying to make a fist. Zac got his own personal wheelchair last week and it is very nice. He will get to take this one with him when he is discharged from BIR. We still do not have a facility yet, and discharge is to be next Monday. We will continue to trust the Lord for His guidance.
Zac's weight has increased from 114 to 116.4. The swelling in his eyes has gone down, but it looks as if there could still be a little more to go. Zac is able to to open his eyes as fully as they will go now with the weights in his eyelids. Zac still has very little tongue movement or lip movement, and is swallowing inconsistently. Because of these things, he is not able to manage his secretions in his mouth and airway and must have his tracheostomy. Thank you all for your continued prayers for Zac. I tell him every time i see him how many people love him and are praying for him
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #243
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Small steps lead to larger strides...

Have you heard back from Weatherford yet?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #244
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm so very happy to hear that he gained weight. I know is going to make him better. I will keep praying for Zac for a full recovery and for your family too. BLESS ALL OF YOU
Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #245
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Jan. 15-17

The nursing home in Weatherford has decided that Zac is too medically complex for them, so Zac will not be transferring to a place in Weatherford. There is a facility on the west side of Ft. Worth that may accept him as a patient.

Looks like the discharge plans are for Zac to be transferred to a SNF on the west side of Ft. Worth on Monday. The help of my sister, and one of her friends made finding this facility possible. Thanks to family and total strangers who care enough about Zac to help find a place for him. Bless you all !!!

Thank you all for your kind words, well wishes, and continued prayers. This has been a long journey, and it is continuing. I hope you will all continue this journey with us and keep the prayers coming. May truly bless you all !!!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #246
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Well I will pray for Zac so he will be in a good place close to home. I will keep praying Zac for a full recovery Bless
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #247
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 01/18/10

Zac was transferred today to a nursing home on the west side of Ft. Worth. It is the Courtyards at Fort Worth. It has a pulmonary unit where Zac is in a private room. We were told by the administrator that Zac will be allowed to stay in the pulmonary unit, in a private room even after his 30 days of insurance coverage runs out. She is a christian and feels has directed Zac to her facility. She and I used to go to church together. has really guided us to this facility I believe. Thank you all for your prayers, keep them coming that Zac will continue to get the care he needs and that his condition will continue to improve!!

Zac is now at "Courtyards at Fort Worth" located at 8001 Western Hills Blvd. He is in the pulmonary unit, room 37. Thank you to "the posse" for coming over this afternoon, running to Target to get things that were needed, for helping to hang pictures on the wall for me, and for helping take care of Zac!!! Love you all XOXOXO
Old 01-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #248
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm so glad to hear that he is in a good place.I know he will continue to get better. I will keep Zac in my prayer's and your family.Please keep us updated on Zac progress. May BLESS ALL OF YOU.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #249
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Thursday, 01/22/10

Spent the day with Zac and attended one of his therapy sessions. The OT and PT worked together with Zac sitting him up on the side of the treatment mat. Zac worked on using his stomach muscles to help him sit up and he was able to hold his head up on his own for 5-10 seconds!! Zac was doing this in front of a mirror so that he could see himself. I think he did well in therapy today
Zac is getting settled in at the nursing home. He is rec'g therapy and the staff/facility seem willing to get equipment needed for him (within reason). I was told today that they are working on getting a tilt table for him to use like he used at Baylor. The director of nurses is ordering a new shower chair as well.
Admittedly, things are much different than at rehab in Dallas, but this is the road we must take for now. I think everyone at the nursing home will come to know and love Zac, and he will hold a special place in their hearts before too long!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #250
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid View Post
Thursday, 01/22/10

Spent the day with Zac and attended one of his therapy sessions. The OT and PT worked together with Zac sitting him up on the side of the treatment mat. Zac worked on using his stomach muscles to help him sit up and he was able to hold his head up on his own for 5-10 seconds!! Zac was doing this in front of a mirror so that he could see himself. I think he did well in therapy today
Zac is getting settled in at the nursing home. He is rec'g therapy and the staff/facility seem willing to get equipment needed for him (within reason). I was told today that they are working on getting a tilt table for him to use like he used at Baylor. The director of nurses is ordering a new shower chair as well.
Admittedly, things are much different than at rehab in Dallas, but this is the road we must take for now. I think everyone at the nursing home will come to know and love Zac, and he will hold a special place in their hearts before too long!!
I know this will be true. I have gotten to know Zac and hope to meet him some day in the future when he makes his full recovery. With lots of prayer's I know this will happen. I'm a mother of a daughter and son that loves to ride bikes I also love to ride so all my prayer's go out to your family and Zac. I pray for all of you to keep strong. BLESS ALL OF YOU
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #251
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Saturday 1/23/10

Zac was running a temp today, so he was less responsive. He had several visitors today! Found out that the nursing staff would like Zac to be closer to their office/desk, so he will be moving into a different room tomorrow or Monday. I have mixed emotions about this, as Zac has enjoyed the view out of his window.

Sunday 1/24/10

Zac's temp was normal today while I was there. He did a good job of keeping his "pirate eye" (tee hee) open once I cleaned it out. We watched an old movie with Steve Martin and Queen Latifa, and he opened his eye throughout the movie. He sat up in his wheelchair for about 4 hours today. It was a good day; better than yesterday

Monday, 1/25/10

Aunt Janet, Julia and I went to see Zac this afternoon. He was really doing a great job of keeping his eye(s) open! Heard he had another great day in therapy from my friend; able to keep his head up by himself for almost a full minute!!

- via Jenny
Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #252
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That is so cool , keep up the good work Zac.We are keeping our prayer's going for Zac to make a full recovery. Please keep us updated.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #253
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 1/26/10

Zac did good again in therapy although he didn't beat his record of almost a minute controlling his head by himself. I think he enjoyed seeing his friend Alannah today and catching up on her busy cutting horse schedule. After I left, the nurse called to tell me that they did move him to a different room that is closer to the nurses station. Zac has lost some weight again; man, we need to fatten that boy up!!

via Jenny
Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #254
Afterlife

Prayers sent. Get well soon.
Afterlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #255
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

keep up the good work zac, youre doing good man.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #256
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

It's really nice to hear good new's about Zac. My prayer's go out to Zac and his family. Please keep us updated. BLESS ALL OF YOU.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #257
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

FYI: http://zach.motoliberty.com/
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #258
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 1/27/10

My friend told me that Zac was doing all kinds of moving today during therapy. He is starting to move his arms and legs some when given a cold stimulus, or a good stretch to the hamstrings. Ouch!! One therapy session that I witnessed, he was uncomfortable laying on the therapy mat and was really trying to re-position himself, it appeared, by moving his arms and legs. This was the first time I had seen what I would call true, purposeful movement on Zac's part. He does not do this all the time, and I have mainly been seeing it during the therapy sessions, although I have seen him move some in his wheelchair. The speech therapist held up 2 cards with pictures on them in front of Zac. One had a ball on it, the other had a pen on it. She asked him to look at the ball and he did. She mixed up the cards and asked him to look at the ball, and he did it again. Then, she asked him to look at the pen, and he did. He did this again with 2 different cards with different pictures. He was successful each time. Then, he became tired and unable to keep his eyes open.
People ask me all the time if Zac knows who I am and if I think he understands me. I do. I know when I look into his eyes that he knows it's me and I feel that he understands what I say to him.

Friday 1/29/10

They switched out Zac's trach yesterday and so he was coughing quite a bit yesterday. His heart rate has been up a little since yesterday too. The therapists said that he was really tired and did not participate much yesterday in therapy, but he did better today. He was able to hold his head up on his own several times for 15-20 seconds each time.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #259
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

That is good news to hear about Zac. I will keep him in my prayer's so that he will get better with each day that go's by. I feel in my heart it might be a long journey ahead but he will make a full recovery. BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MOST OF ALL ZAC
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #260
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Sunday 1/31/10

Zac is still coughing quite a bit. Results from some blood work done on Friday showed that his white blood cell count is elevated. They did a chest x-ray today and will be repeating the blood work tomorrow to see if his white blood cell count is still elevated. I know Zac enjoyed seeing his aunt Janet and Becky today!! His sister Julia talked to him until he relaxed and closed his eyes. She loves her brother )

Monday 2/1/10

Found out Zac has a right lower lobe pneumonia and will be started on 2 antibiotics. I heard Zac had a good day in therapy. Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray for Zac as well as the family. Things can get strained at times.

Tuesday 2/2/10

Zac has lost a little more weight and now weighs 116#. Spoke with the dietician and they are changing his feeding formula tomorrow. I was told Zac did well in therapy working on head control. He held his head up for approx. a minute and a half, then 55 sec. and then 45 seconds. I think he did pretty good for a fella fighting pneumonia!!

Advertisement