MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #221
the mother

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I will be praying so much to to do the best for Zac to have a full recovery. SPEED
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another racer in need of prayers... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 41 12-22-2009 09:03 AM
Prayers Needed C.Hern5972 Off Topic 30 04-25-2009 08:53 AM
Prayers needed please Azylum Off Topic 49 10-15-2008 06:02 AM
Prayers Needed SPYDER BITE Off Topic 22 10-13-2008 08:17 PM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #222
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000
CRF50 with training wheels

Saturday 12/19/09

Visited Zac today, he is about the same. Still having issues with increased heart rate at times. Getting ready for the surgery on Monday.
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #223
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Hope the surgery goes well
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #224
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Prayer's sent for Zac and surgery and that all goes good
Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #225
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Monday 12/21/09

Zac's surgery went well, that hurdle is behind us. Zac should recuperate at "big Baylor" tonight, and then return to BIR tomorrow. Had a meeting this afternoon, with several people present, with Dr. Carlile. Tears were shed, but hopefully all who love Zac can remain on the same page. We don't know what the future holds, but Zac will be surrounded by love that for sure
Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #226
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 12/22/09

Zac ended up staying at "big baylor" hospital because the neurosurgeon wants the drain to be removed before Zac goes back to BIR. He will not remove the temporary drain until there is no more fluid/blood draining from the site of surgery. Zac is off the ventilator that he needed while under the effects of anesthesia, and breathing on his own again.
Zac is still facing yet another surgery that is planned for this coming Monday. This is the eye surgery to implant gold weights in his eyelids to help his eyes close completely. I know this is not considered major surgery, but Zac has been through several surgeries lately and know this is hard on a body. Please pray for Zac to heal quickly from this last surgery (cranioplasty) and that his level of pain would be very minimal and short lived.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #227
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

My prayer's go out to to be with Zac through all the surgery's and for a full recovery with little pain. I pray that you will have Blessed Christmas with Zac. BLESS ALL OF YOU. Please keep us updated
Old 12-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #228
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Friday 12/25/09

The Dr. wrote orders for Zac to be moved out of the ICU area and into a regular room this afternoon. The icy roads are preventing me from going to see Zac today on Christmas which is upsetting to me. Please , allow Zac to feel a mother's love today, even when she can't get to him.

Sunday 12/27/09

Zac is in a regular room at Baylor now. Today, his temp went up as did his heart rate. They did blood work and found out his white blood count is elevated. It seems that he has an infection somewhere. Tests will be run to determine the source of the infection. Needless to say, Zac was less responsive. Thanks to my sister and peeps for coming to see Zac today!!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #229
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I know Zac had you in his heart for christmas. Your a great mother, and your doing your best. I pray if I ever have to go through what you are going through that I will be so strong. I will pray for your family and Zac for a full recovery for the new year.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #230
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mother View Post
I know Zac had you in his heart for christmas. Your a great mother, and your doing your best. I pray if I ever have to go through what you are going through that I will be so strong. I will pray for your family and Zac for a full recovery for the new year.
+1, get better soon Zac.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #231
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

stay strong, and keep praying for zac everyone... come on zac, you can do this
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #232
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Tuesday 12/29/09

Zac had his eye surgery yesterday as planned, and all went well. I started developing back pain on my way to Dallas and it became intolerable while Zac was in surgery. I spoke with the surgeon who said the procedure went without complications, and then I called in the calvery for myself. Zac's older sister stayed at the hospital with Zac while my sister and friend Wendy drove me to the emergency room. It was confirmed with a CT scan that I had a kidney stone. I don't know if there is ever a good time to have a kidney stone, but the timing was lousy yesterday. Thank goodness the Lord has his hand on all situations, and there was someone to come and get me while someone could stay with Zac.
I called the nurses station this morning and Zac is still at "big Balor". The neurosurgeon will be the one to decide when Zac can return to BIR. She told me the therapist was in to give Zac range of motion to his arms and legs earlier this morning. She told me Zac wasn't opening his eyes much today so far, probably because of the swelling in his eyes from the surgery. Thank all of you for your continued prayer!!

Wednesday 12/30/09

Saw Zac today; his eyes were so swollen that he was unable to open them for me. He resumed his therapies today, but not much accomplished since Zac's only form of communication is with his eyes. Thanks to Sharon and Lawrence who were with Zac when I got there after lunch. Thanks to friends who visited Zac after I left and said he did manage to get his eyes open somewhat for them. Thank you Lord for a wonderful son!

- via Jenny
Old 12-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #233
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Keep strong and will see you through this. It's a new year and I know in my heart Zac has so many people praying for him, will let Zac have a full recovery. Please keep us updated. BLESS
Old 01-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #234
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Happy New Year and I hope all your prayers are answered in 2010.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #235
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Friday 1-1-2010
The first day of a new year. What will this year hold for our family?
Zac was sitting up in his wheelchair when the posse and I arrived. He had his eyes partially opened, but not very much. His eye lids are still swollen from the surgery. After Zac was transferred back to bed, he got a hand massage from his aunt Janet and dozed off until company arrived. As we were telling him good bye, he really perked up and opened up his eyes fully.
Zac's weight has dropped to 114.1 as of Dec. 29th
Monday there will be a care conference where his discharge plans will be discussed. At this point, it seems that Zac will be going to a skilled nursing facility. I would ask for prayers that would allow us to find a good one close to home.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #236
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Prayer's go out for Zac for full recovery.That's good news that he opened his eye's all the way. With in his life he will get better. BLSS ALL OF YOU
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #237
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Sunday 1-3-2010

The posse and I went to visit Zac today at BIR. When we first arrived he had his eyes open for a little while; the rest of the time his eyes were mainly closed. There is still swelling in his eyes and hopefully this is the reason that Zac is unable to keep his eyes open as much. Zac's care conference is scheduled for tomorrow where plans for his discharge will be discussed as well as other concerns, like his weight loss. Many prayers are needed for 's guidance to continue for Zac.

Monday 1-4-2010

The care conference was today. My friend Wendy went with me today and she was a good source of support for me. The rest of the posse lended support via cell phones today. The discharge plans are for 2 weeks. The social worker told me before we left, that the nursing home on the south part of Ft. Worth that we were hoping would accept Zac stated that they would not. Again, one of the biggest obstacles is Zac's age- being under the age of 21. So, the search continues for a skilled nursing facility that will accept Zac. By the time I had to leave, the eye surgeon had not come to check on Zac. The neurosurgeon gave the nurses orders to remove the stitches from his cranioplasty surgery. Zac's appearance is good since that surgery and the removal of his stitches. Now, we just need the swelling in his eyes to resolve so that he can hold his eyes open like he used to. One of the therapists asked Zac today if his eyes were bothering him, and he gave a definite "yes" with eye movements. Please pray for a facility to be located close to home, that is nice, for Zac to transfer to. Also pray that Zac's eyes would heal quickly and completely from the eye surgery. bless you all
Old 01-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #238
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

My prayer's are always with Zac. I'll pray for good place close to home for you and for a full recovery, he has being young on his side . Bless All of You
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #239
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

We are still praying for yall! bless!
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #240
Lil Squid
Bond Girl

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4
Ducati GT1000

Wednesday 1/6/10

The social worker from Baylor called me to say that a skilled nursing facility from Weatherford is going to visit Baylor,and review Zac's medical information to decide if they will accept him as a patient. They are going to be at Baylor around 9:00 in the morning. This is not the facility of choice, but it is close to home. I just pray that will continue to lead, guide, and direct.

Advertisement