MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #101
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SLVRCBR View Post
Of February?

Exactly...You got the email too?

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
thanks texas track days!! Azylum Taking it to the Track 45 08-03-2008 02:20 PM
TEXAS TRACK DAYS-TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY, JULY 19th & 20th DISCOUNT FastLine Taking it to the Track 18 07-11-2008 02:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #102
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

My head hurts now............why are we all still talking about this ? I can't help but read this stuff when someone posts, but ...........everyone is saying the same over and over.
People just need to move on. Yes, a lot of people got fcuked. Will anyone get their money back? Don't know. However, all of the people on MH getting at eachothers' throats over who's fault it is, who knew it was coming and blah blah blah, aint gonna solve . The people that lost 1 track day credit or something, yes it hurts, but you will survive. For those that had memberships, and tracks that may be owed severl grand, contact eachother, get a collective group set up and see what can be done to recitfy your situation.
I am going to keep reading this thread cuz you fuggers make me chuckle, but I hope that no one honestly thinks that on here is going to solve anything.
See you guys in the pits Saturday!!!! WooHoo TWS (Texas World Speedway)!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #103
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
I don't understand why anyone had to just sit back quietly and say nothing?
What purpose did that serve?
What would you have us say? After that, what do you think would have been the resultant backlash if any? Answer those questions and you'll find your answer.

LSTD has nothing to do with TTD and their business, what part of that is our responsibility to report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
I don't work for any orgs.. but observing closely from the outside... it was obvious what was happening. All the canceled dates, Cresson, then ECR, then Houston and TWS (Texas World Speedway)...

I didnt think it would happen as abruptly as it did... but it was obvious they were going to way of the Dodo... And while i didnt come out and post up on all the boards i'm on sayin to stay away... I had no issue being honest and telling my opinion to those who asked.

I can see how instructors from other orgs were in a tough spot though because if they had said anything, it would have looked like they were just instigating and bashing TTD... I understand how they'd rather avoid bringing on that kind of drama.
Exactly.
Quote:
Might have saved some people from getting burned. Might have been worth taking a little heat in the short term and ultimately been proved to be right.
Heat? We (I in particular but I know of others) have taken plenty heat for making statements. There are actually rules in place on this bbs because of those types of situations.

There is so much that has gone on over the past 2 years that they've been here, and they've affected every other business involved here. It sucks for us all. And then to try to undercut prices to gain business? They didn't help anyone there! I don't know about you, but I think these prices would be something to expect now that they've dropped them so far. A little clue here is that NO business is going to survive selling their product at a loss. I'm no economist or anything, but that seems pretty blatent. This doesn't begin to address the other issues that have been going on.

You can only warn folks so much in so many ways without looking like a .
Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #104
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
drama lovers. that's all
Old 08-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #105
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

I understand what your saying Tom, but there are people that have participated in TD's with all three org's that had NO idea what was going on until the last week or so. IF more had known LAST year what was going on it might not have lasted as long as it did.

or not, if a someone is about to get hit by a bus I'm still going to say something.......I just won't stand real close.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #106
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
I understand what your saying Tom, but there are people that have participated in TD's with all three org's that had NO idea what was going on until the last week or so. IF more had known LAST year what was going on it might not have lasted as long as it did.

or not, if a someone is about to get hit by a bus I'm still going to say something.......I just won't stand real close.
Pm'ing you, although I'd love to discuss the difference between getting hit by a bus and losing some money...
Old 08-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #107
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

haha...see? Drama still exists - even withOUT me!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #108
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber|alexis View Post
haha...see? Drama still exists - even withOUT me!
just trying to make ya proud
Closed Thread