Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #81
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Rider View Post
wow i just have to say.. DIDNT ARAMIS get banned for calling out TEXAS TRACK DAYS for the same things? hahaha gotta ove GODZUKI for that ban..

Uhh, no,
Aramis got banned(by me) for flaming TTD for not letting him hold his little squid battle during one of their events.
They were right, he was wrong.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
thanks texas track days!! Azylum Taking it to the Track 45 08-03-2008 02:20 PM
TEXAS TRACK DAYS-TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY, JULY 19th & 20th DISCOUNT FastLine Taking it to the Track 18 07-11-2008 02:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #82
Skid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
Sucks that people not even associated w/ TTD knew more than most of their staff.
Hmmmmm.......

I don't know about any of that,
but I do know that knowing things you can't talk about sucks in a big way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I can assure you, we knew nothing of their financial status or their poor standings with the tracks. As the end neared, we became more aware that things were foul, but had no idea what was coming, or how bad off they were.
I didn't say differently...

Perhaps you meant to quote someone else? Or is it something else... guiltly conscience?

Not accusing, just saying.

Tom maybe you might want to reread what you posted. It does seem that you are infering that Tim, Breana, me or any other instructor new what was going on. I had no idea until I started reading the same email everyone else got. Actually, I never got to finish reading the email before all of the text messages started asking what happened.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Last edited by Skid; 08-06-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #83
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom96 View Post
Uhh, no,
Aramis got banned(by me) for flaming TTD for not letting him hold his little squid battle during one of their events.
They were right, he was wrong.
The dictionary, or wikipedia should have a picture of Aramis to define a squid
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #84
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Not speaking for Tom..but I think what he means is that the a lot of people knew this was happening. People not associated with TTD. But they just had to sit back, quietly, and watch the smoke and mirror show that TTD was putting on.

Don't think he insinuated that yall knew.

However, it is tough to swallow the suggestion that some of yall didn't know. What, with all the cancellations and light grids. :/
Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #85
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

Dave and I knew what was going on long before "the word got out".
Our long time association with the tracks had us getting phone calls like crazy. Tom got calls as well.
Enough about who knew what.
I asked my team for the longest time to "take the high road".
I hope everybody gets what they have coming to them.
Customers, tracks, Insurance Company etc.........
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #86
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

The carefully crafted posts about additional dates that the other orgs were picking up, told the story.

Geeze people...yall didn't see it??
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #87
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

I knew grids were light, but how would I have any idea if bills were getting paid? (if it is true, I honestly have no idea) That wasn't in my scope of duties.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #88
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 08-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #89
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

You people that lost money with TTD need to stop and moaning about it on a BBS and starting filling out paperwork with the state of Texas and small claims court.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #90
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
Tom maybe you might want to reread what you posted. It does seem that you are infering that Tim, Breana, me or any other instructor new what was going on. I had no idea until I started reading the same email everyone else got. Actually, I never got to finish reading the email before all of the text messages started asking what happened.
OK Gavin, I'll bite. How did saying "I don't know about any of that" translate to "All the instructors" or "Tim, Brena, Gavin, or any other instructor knew what was going on."? Perhaps you should be asking others about the information they're posting, you won't find those things in my posts.

Yall's comments and insinuations about what folks are perceived to be saying speaks volumes to me.

That's the last I'll say on that subject.

Again, I don't care about that aspect of things, I'm truly sorry for those that lost money or whatever the poor outcome will be- ultimately those folks are our customers too; additionally none of us want the motorcycling community damaged that way. Some of the damage is too late, some is probably still to come unfortunately. Some folks in this industry (motorcycle riding/ trackdays/ racing) work too hard for safety and providing excellent service. Things like this (locally and Nationally) give everyone involved a bad name.

You need only look at some notable (and quiet- read "don't toot their own horns") folks in the industry to see how much they care and the work they do. One of which is certainly Steve McNamara among others like Ronnie Lundsford, Patrick Hart, and the list goes on from there!

So, again, I hope for the best outcome possible, and I truly feel sorry for those that won't get any satisfaction if that is the case. I honestly wish this didn't go down as it has, but personally I could see it coming from a mile away.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #91
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Not speaking for Tom..but I think what he means is that the a lot of people knew this was happening. People not associated with TTD. But they just had to sit back, quietly, and watch the smoke and mirror show that TTD was putting on.

Don't think he insinuated that yall knew.

However, it is tough to swallow the suggestion that some of yall didn't know. What, with all the cancellations and light grids. :/
I don't understand why anyone had to just sit back quietly and say nothing?
What purpose did that serve?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #92
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

I don't work for any orgs.. but observing closely from the outside... it was obvious what was happening. All the canceled dates, Cresson, then ECR, then Houston and TWS (Texas World Speedway)...

I didnt think it would happen as abruptly as it did... but it was obvious they were going to way of the Dodo... And while i didnt come out and post up on all the boards i'm on sayin to stay away... I had no issue being honest and telling my opinion to those who asked.

I can see how instructors from other orgs were in a tough spot though because if they had said anything, it would have looked like they were just instigating and bashing TTD... I understand how they'd rather avoid bringing on that kind of drama.

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #93
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
I don't understand why anyone had to just sit back quietly and say nothing?
What purpose did that serve?
Go read all the threads in the ridesmart section about additional dates added. It tells the story there. Look at the LSTD thread about addint TWS (Texas World Speedway). Same thing. The threads in the TTD section were mostly modded and or deleted.

MH screamed for the track org wars to stop. And telling what was known would have been viewed as propoganda.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #94
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
I don't work for any orgs.. but observing closely from the outside... it was obvious what was happening. All the canceled dates, Cresson, then ECR, then Houston and TWS (Texas World Speedway)...

I didnt think it would happen as abruptly as it did... but it was obvious they were going to way of the Dodo... And while i didnt come out and post up on all the boards i'm on sayin to stay away... I had no issue being honest and telling my opinion to those who asked.

I can see how instructors from other orgs were in a tough spot though because if they had said anything, it would have looked like they were just instigating and bashing TTD... I understand how they'd rather avoid bringing on that kind of drama.
Might have saved some people from getting burned. Might have been worth taking a little heat in the short term and ultimately been proved to be right.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #95
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchev View Post
Might have saved some people from getting burned. Might have been worth taking a little heat in the short term and ultimately been proved to be right.
Eh...maybe. And I'd like to think that I "saved" a few..offline. But for every 1 negative thing said there were 10 people raving. , there are people still raving about them, in this very thread.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #96
VenaSera
I pwn!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Member Garage

Cali, gixxxer600, and I all ran the parade lap on their last TD at TWS (Texas World Speedway). The place was empty. There was hardly anybody running and it was barely lunch time. Made me wonder... Maybe it was just another sign.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #97
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Eh...maybe. And I'd like to think that I "saved" a few..offline. But for every 1 negative thing said there were 10 people raving. , there are people still raving about them, in this very thread.
Im signing up for Laguna with them for a 2 day deal on the 29th and 30th.. only $500.. who's in

you can paypal your registration fee to me

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do for you "
Old 08-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #98
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
Im signing up for Laguna with them for a 2 day deal on the 29th and 30th.. only $500.. who's in

you can paypal your registration fee to me
Of February?

See ya @ the track!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #99
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiRider600 View Post
Cali, gixxxer600, and I all ran the parade lap on their last TD at TWS (Texas World Speedway). The place was empty. There was hardly anybody running and it was barely lunch time. Made me wonder... Maybe it was just another sign.
It was 130 degrees in the shade that day!!!

(actually more than that at one point in T1)
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #100
SiG239

Feedback Rating: (7)

I had sold my credits a couple weeks before all this went down, now just gotta do the right thing and refund the buyer and eat the money, hoping for a refund from TTD but pretty sure that's not going to happen. Had been to a couple TTD events and the one on 6/27 was packed, still had never seen any pictures from that day either Solracer...