MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #21
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
Isnt illegal street racing not allowed on the forums?
If the TS'er saids it was taken in Mexico or on a private road there is no issue as such.

The little SLK should stand a fighting chance from a roll. If it doesn't then there is always evosport or let motorsports to help out.

mybanner4a260100b5617
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C63 AMG dyno vid CarbonJames Car Forum 7 07-10-2013 12:30 PM
2006 E55 AMG wagon Tojo92 Car Forum 36 05-07-2013 08:37 PM
SLS AMG CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 13 03-22-2013 07:43 PM
Corvette vs box truck= Corvette loses. Joshua42007 Off Topic 15 03-08-2013 06:11 AM
Will be driving the new AMG 63 at the track! sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-04-2011 05:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #22
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
my vw would smoke em all. lol. on the real. and yay for paris tx. i got ken folk there
My friend on the SLK32 said to bring it on, he will race your VW anytime...... another friend on a crossfire which has the exact same engine said he will race you too!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #23
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

the dub makes 346 wheel on pump. lots more on 104
Old 08-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
My friend on the SLK32 said to bring it on, he will race your VW anytime...... another friend on a crossfire which has the exact same engine said he will race you too!
Do it from a dig...not a roll...pump gas only

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 08-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #25
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

my tires are down to 2/32 tread. i barely got it inspected. i gotta get some new rubber before i get out there.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #26
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
the dub makes 346 wheel on pump. lots more on 104
we are talking about STOCK cars running on regular gas here! if your VW is modified then i have another friend with a supercharged vette that would love to race you!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #27
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
my tires are down to 2/32 tread. i barely got it inspected. i gotta get some new rubber before i get out there.
here kitty kitty kitty..... meow? lol
Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

that 6 cyl in the benz is blown. the vette has a big honkin 4 more cylinders and makes more power as a stock car. but i could throw some 104 in and crank it to 30 lbs.! woot. this could be fun.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #29
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
we are talking about STOCK cars running on regular gas here! if your VW is modified then i have another friend with a supercharged vette that would love to race you!
the vw is highly modified. blueprinted engine. garret 2871 ball bearing turbo. bar and plate front mount intercooler. corner balanced coilover suspension. no cat with 3"s. 6 speed trans. daily driver.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #30
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

as new technology comes along it gets harder to consider my car fast. lol. really tho some of these cars come with factory 300 horse is so common now days. but mine is still stock displacement 1800cc's. and runs hard
Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #31
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Quote:
as new technology comes along it gets harder to consider my car fast. lol. really tho some of these cars come with factory 300 horse is so common now days. but mine is still stock displacement 1800cc's. and runs hard
Tis true. My old M coupe cannot even compare to the E90/2/3 M3s.

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #32
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
the vw is highly modified. blueprinted engine. garret 2871 ball bearing turbo. bar and plate front mount intercooler. corner balanced coilover suspension. no cat with 3"s. 6 speed trans. daily driver.
looks like a lot of work went into your car's engine..... We wanted to see a race of stock cars that you buy from a dealership, no mods were made in any of the 2 cars in the race!

Both cars show similar performance data on paper and we just wanted to do a couple of runs to find out which one would come out on top in real life racing. I posted the video for people that are planning to buy a new car and debating weather to get a vette or a slk.....

On the other hand, you started talking about smoking both cars on a highly modified car running on 104, just to be fair, i think modified cars should race another modified car, but now it looks like your car has bad tires when i suggested racing your VW against a supercharged Vette.... go figure
Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

wow, you sound like you have a tone. funny thing is there is no speak of comparing stock to stock in any of your posts. a race is a race. i dont have to pop my hood or speak of my mods. and my tires are'nt bad just dont have hardly any tread left. and what happened to the spitfire or what ever it's called? or the slk? i was just crackin on the cars in yur vid. you wanna see me run twice the displacement and blown? i aint scared, it's all in fun. there's a 2 mile stretch on the hardy toll road with no exits or entrance ramps. i got a valentine 1. i love a little competition. lets see if your buddies blown vette wants to get side by side with aks racing's vette miss nasty, lol. or slowblacks c6. did'nt he say procharger? nevermind. lets make a night of it. i'll holler at ya. i got buddies too,if he's in town. well put that vette up to my buddies r32. lol. twin 2871's on a six cylinder. all wheel drive. let me see what i can get tgether. it'll be good times.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Quote:

Both cars show similar performance data on paper and we just wanted to do a couple of runs to find out which one would come out on top in real life racing. I posted the video for people that are planning to buy a new car and debating weather to get a vette or a slk.....
similar specs? the guy driving the vette has no idea what hes doing. he should have smoked the amg. the race was gay and a total waste of gas.

08 vette specs: 430 HP/ 424 lb.-ft. torque, weight 3217 lbs, stock 1/4 mile 12.8 seconds at 114.8 mph - 6spd tranny

03 amg specs: 349 hp/ 336 lb.-ft. tq, weight 3245lbs, 1/4 mile stock 13.380 seconds @ 105.770
Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #35
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Thumbs up

Quote:
wow, you sound like you have a tone. funny thing is there is no speak of comparing stock to stock in any of your posts. a race is a race. i dont have to pop my hood or speak of my mods. and my tires are'nt bad just dont have hardly any tread left. and what happened to the spitfire or what ever it's called? or the slk? i was just crackin on the cars in yur vid. you wanna see me run twice the displacement and blown? i aint scared, it's all in fun. there's a 2 mile stretch on the hardy toll road with no exits or entrance ramps. i got a valentine 1. i love a little competition. lets see if your buddies blown vette wants to get side by side with aks racing's vette miss nasty, lol. or slowblacks c6. did'nt he say procharger? nevermind. lets make a night of it. i'll holler at ya. i got buddies too,if he's in town. well put that vette up to my buddies r32. lol. twin 2871's on a six cylinder. all wheel drive. let me see what i can get tgether. it'll be good times.
i thought you were talking about racing your car..... i believe you mentioned about smoking the vette and slk in your vw? are we talking the same language here? like i said we were racing STOCK cars! you never mentioned on your first comment that you car was modified..... they have categories for a reason, you can't race a moto gp bike on wsbk.... a race is a race when both cars are evenly matched in performance and value. All races have rules and requirements on their machines to qualify in that category so there is no unfair advantage going into the race..... You were trying to race your modified car on 104 against stock cars running on regular pump gas, thats is pretty similar to taking candies from little kids, a race or fight has to be evenly matched, you can't put Oscar de la Hoya vs Mike Tyson on the same ring, physically you could but logically you woulndt because nobody will pay to watch Tyson use De la Hoya as a pinata in the ring!

So lets not change things here and be a man of your word, you will have to race your own VW and not somebody else's car.... plain and simple your bad modified VW against another modified car..... you game?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #36
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
similar specs? the guy driving the vette has no idea what hes doing. he should have smoked the amg. the race was gay and a total waste of gas.

08 vette specs: 430 HP/ 424 lb.-ft. torque, weight 3217 lbs, stock 1/4 mile 12.8 seconds at 114.8 mph - 6spd tranny

03 amg specs: 349 hp/ 336 lb.-ft. tq, weight 3245lbs, 1/4 mile stock 13.380 seconds @ 105.770
Remember what i said here people..... similar in value meant they are both in the $50,000 price range.... similar in performance meant they both run 0-60 very closely (4.8 for the slk and 4.6 for the vette) we are not doing 1/4 miles in the video and we are not doing roll ons!

Now the human factor was the only variable and obviously my friend on the vette didnt know how to drive that thing and you are correct, it was a waste of time and gas.....
Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #37
spartandude
Custom User Title

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
there's a 2 mile stretch on the hardy toll road with no exits or entrance ramps.

Don't! Take that T to the track. Public roads are not race courses. I have seen to many people get their F'ing jacked up and innocents taken out for this to be remotely amusing.

DON'T MOTHER F*CKING STREET RACE YOU STUPID PUNKS!!!!!!

if you were jesting I apologize.

oh and IBTL.
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #38
speed_racer

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOmonkey View Post
Even then if your gonna have a 6 speed learn to drive it. Those things are easy to drive with a stock clutch.
i concur. It looked he fell asleep behind the wheel or something. But it just shows You have to know how use the power that you have.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #39
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

hands down that vette would of smoked that other car, it looks like the driver took off real slow,i didnt even hear the tires screech
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #40
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

okay i went back and watched the vid again and heard the tires screech
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
Closed Thread

Advertisement