MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #21
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

yep, New Orleans came to mind too. i work with lots of hispanics whose residency status is questionable, but I don't care because they seem like good guys and I would be doing the same thing if I was them. I still think there needs to be a lot of policy reform, but if they make it over and get set up so they can send money back home, good for them.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubio's Amnesty: A Path to Oblivion pinball The Circus 7 02-02-2013 08:21 AM
Executive Order For Amnesty FKNA The Circus 12 06-23-2010 03:25 PM
Amnesty Bill FKNA Off Topic 6 11-12-2009 05:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #22
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

You have to realize that MOST of the "illegals" want to come here for a better life. Just as in any race/culture/society there are always a few bad apples that give others a bad image. These "border hoppers" as you call them are people too. They have the same feelings, hopes, dreams, and fears that most of us do.

I have no problem with my tax dollars helping people that need it. Yeah, some people will take advantage of the system, but that is the nature of the beast. Just like I'm sure you take advantage/make the most to your benefit of your payplan at your place of employment. This is just on a different spectrum. If people want to come here, so be it.

America is a great place to be. People come here for a reason. It's the ones that say, "I wanna go back to (insert country/continent here)" that can get the f#ck out of here as far as I'm concerned.

I think everyone needs to go to a third world country just to see how great it is here. Go to a place where a full course meal is about 6 bucks a person with great service and the best ambiance you've ever experienced, but a Big Mac and fries will cost you the equivalent of about 12-15 American dollars. Go to a place where the median income is $200 per month if you have a great paying job. Go there, and you will realize the extent foreigners will go to come here-even if it is illegally.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #23
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
You have to realize that MOST of the "illegals" want to come here for a better life. Just as in any race/culture/society there are always a few bad apples that give others a bad image. These "border hoppers" as you call them are people too. They have the same feelings, hopes, dreams, and fears that most of us do.

I have no problem with my tax dollars helping people that need it. Yeah, some people will take advantage of the system, but that is the nature of the beast. Just like I'm sure you take advantage/make the most to your benefit of your payplan at your place of employment. This is just on a different spectrum. If people want to come here, so be it.

America is a great place to be. People come here for a reason. It's the ones that say, "I wanna go back to (insert country/continent here)" that can get the f#ck out of here as far as I'm concerned.

I think everyone needs to go to a third world country just to see how great it is here. Go to a place where a full course meal is about 6 bucks a person with great service and the best ambiance you've ever experienced, but a Big Mac and fries will cost you the equivalent of about 12-15 American dollars. Go to a place where the median income is $200 per month if you have a great paying job. Go there, and you will realize the extent foreigners will go to come here-even if it is illegally.
I agree. I really have a lot of sympathy for them and it sucks we live in such a world.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #24
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Oh yes, that's why we have representatives my friend, call the one that belongs to your district and write the same stuff you just wrote here, see what happens.

By using the china example, are you implying that we should just shoot every illegal inmigrant? I believe that this country is better than China in almost every way, maybe they are way richer in a cultural way, but their goverment suck , they want to fix every unrest by killing people and supress them. That's called communism, in case you did not finish elementary because some illegal inmigrant son or daughter did better than you , and you decided to drop out and work at the local mc donalds.
And yes, they are freeloaders, they are criminals that come here illegaly, like JJ said, most of the inmigrants come here to make a decent living for their families, no one can blame them for that. If I had to go to cross the border illegaly to work and feed my family, so be it. Call me a criminal, you narrow minded foo.

Fix the problem? I don't think it can be fixed, not in a realistic way, this country has become too dependent on cheap labor, the first thing thatcomes to mind is illegal workers. it is a symbiotic relationship.

Now that we are in the subject of instead of helping to fix problems, why don't you send letters to most of the senators and ask them why they did not serve in the military and why their sons are not serving now that the country could use more soldiers? WE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF HIPOCRYTES, all of us, in a way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #25
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Los, I really respect you more now that you decide to enter this kind of discussions the way you do, really.

I apologize for mocking you for not speaking spanish. Language has nothing to do with using your brain in a constructive way, instead of spewing venom towards other races.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #26
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

, I'm getting sentimental and EMO.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #27
Karen
Failure is not an option

Bike(s):
03 r6 limited edition/???

Send a message via Yahoo to Karen
awww here we go
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #28
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
, I'm getting sentimental and EMO.
Me too...Thanks Leo... Im having an EMO moment too.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #29
ratmzapa

Member Garage

HAHA I just cut my wrists everyone...now off to drink some drano hoooorrraaaayyyyyyyyyy
Old 03-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #30
paniro187

i want them al lto go the **** home. the new orleans people too.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #31
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #32
gixr101

Bike(s):
04 gsxr 1000, 05gsxr 1000,07 gsxr750

[QUOTE=wolverine]why in the did good ol' GW decide to give every stinkin wet back in this country amnesty? no matter what the legality of their citizenship is, they still wont F*c#ing buy insurance for their P.O.S cars they drive, wont pay taxes, wont pay for medical care, send all 7 of their kids to school to get a free education and free breakfast and lunch on the TAXPAYERS tab. me off, this country is becoming too liberal. several years back China passed a law that KILLED PROSTITUTES. guess what happened in china?? no more ****ing prostitution. we are a melting pot of panzees. the U.S. is becoming little mexico more and more every day.[/QUOTElike it or leave it it wasnt you country to start with were takin our land back and all your scared white can do is complain behind a computer.do something about it then dont just express your hate.
gixr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #33
gixr101

Bike(s):

soo is this how all of mh feels you hate mexicans if you have somethin to say then come up to a mexican and get your F***** up by a wet bag
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #34
gixr101

Bike(s):

solracer with menbers like this you might want to change the name to mexican haters.com I cant beleive Im hearing all this is this serious or a ****in joke. cause I aint laughin.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #35
TxVrod

I have no easy answer and I don't really think there is one. I REALLY don't like the idea of giving illegals amnisty but what else is there to do? There aren't anywhere NEAR the resources to nab and deport them all and there never will be. What to do?
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #36
gixr101

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdawgR6
Do you feel so brave to call these immigrants wetbacks? Strong words man. Do you call black people ******s too?
no he wont because he probably scared, well a wetbag will kick your to.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #37
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #38
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

i have alot of mexican friends ... elsavador, honduras, what have you.. i have no problems with them.. i do have problems with the illegals that do come over here. get free , drive their car with no insurance and hit me and my mom.. i have worked with many hard working meccys. lol and i have met some that are just here for welfare and free money.. i agree there are these same people for everyrace but given our location seems the hispanics are more of a focus.. seeing as houstons population of hispanics has increased by huge numbers in the last 6 years...

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #39
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #40
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i don't think he was trying to be racist, though what he said could definitely be taken that way.....everyone's got their opinions either way, and as much as i disagree with a lot of them i wouldn't have it any other way.