MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #41
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I almost wasnt going to post this ..but here it is...from my POV.

1arm's opening post said alot... A few months ago some soldier friends of mine( I have made many in my 16 months here) went out to a hospital where they had helped rebuild. They were part of a SPTT team that area of S.Baghdad. As part of their duties , were to be as goodwill ambassadors with the locals . They passed out candy to the children of the neighborhood and so whenever they would come--they described the glow on all those kids faces like it really seemed like the people were feeling good about Americans. So, this last time out they had the usual crowd of 30 or so kids from the neighborhood out there, passing out the candy when a carbomber drove up and killed 1 soldier and 4 Iraqi soldiers and about 26 of all those little kids....We held a memorial service for the fallen soldier and the one thing I heard over and over wasnt about how he died needlessly, its how he died doing his duty. (officially). And the we wept for our fallen comrade.. and even more because they had know the names of those kids they were helping. It hit real hard for the soldiers who have kids of their own..Now this little neighborhood that had once been filled with the sound of childrens laughter was now ghostly silent. And the soldiers may not agree with the politics of the war, most dont But they know when they are right.They do it cause its the right thing to do. And soldiers are trained to do their duty. The U.S. military men and women here are the best of the best. The politicians are the . Thats just my .02
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iraq War is Over! Snoogyns848 Off Topic 69 10-23-2011 11:13 AM
Iraq War Htownz The Circus 29 09-02-2010 10:30 PM
Secret weapon in war in Iraq cashtown The Circus 17 09-18-2008 03:29 PM
Is the war in Iraq creating more terrorists? CaJuNsOuLjA The Circus 208 09-29-2006 05:31 PM
iraq - headed towards civil war speedismo The Circus 43 08-07-2006 10:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #42
TXswoldier
No Fear Lies Here!

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'10 Harley Iron 883

, well said. And I completely agree.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #43
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
The American opinion toward the Vietnam war changed because people were the seeing the atrocities of the war....remember the plane pic with all the coffins inside....that was censored real fast...OPEC regulates the oil prices I do believe but right now in Venezuela the gas is like 29 cents a gallon....so who knows?
venezuela cant be that bad lol....Looks like im moving haha...na j/j.....

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #44
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
Well me personally i think we are there for a b.s. reason these days. Yes in the biggining i did suport it but we got what we where after...If the people wont even stand up for whats right then why shoud we help them? i have said it b4 and i will say it agian, all those people that yall are helping are still harvering terist and are raisng more off the little basterds....If you want to help them then inialte them...But we arent actually there to help them bush could care less about them he is there to try and make peice and make them happy so we can get to the oil thats all....

We went in took out there leader and got some revenge then they wouldnt allow us to have oil...SO now we are sucking up and trying to get it back....

I totaly suport all of our troops and i would hate to see this turn out like vietnam where people spit on out troops when they came back....I suport you guys 100%.

Im sorry if you dont agree with the way i think but i am very open minded so tell me why im wrong and maybe i will listen. But i want proof not just your b.s. talk.

we dont need to suck up, as a super power in the world,...we could easily take it, but we r trying to help over there, in america, we dont see everything going on over there, but when i left the people were happy that we help and thanked us many times over, i have no proof, just what i saw, ....good enough for me. and bush is not over there,.. he migght not care, but i know those troops do.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 AM   #45
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
we dont need to suck up, as a super power in the world,...we could easily take it, but we r trying to help over there, in america, we dont see everything going on over there, but when i left the people were happy that we help and thanked us many times over, i have no proof, just what i saw, ....good enough for me. and bush is not over there,.. he migght not care, but i know those troops do.
+1^^
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #46
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
Well me personally i think we are there for a b.s. reason these days. Yes in the biggining i did suport it but we got what we where after...If the people wont even stand up for whats right then why shoud we help them? i have said it b4 and i will say it agian, all those people that yall are helping are still harvering terist and are raisng more off the little basterds....If you want to help them then inialte them...But we arent actually there to help them bush could care less about them he is there to try and make peice and make them happy so we can get to the oil thats all....

We went in took out there leader and got some revenge then they wouldnt allow us to have oil...SO now we are sucking up and trying to get it back....

I totaly suport all of our troops and i would hate to see this turn out like vietnam where people spit on out troops when they came back....I suport you guys 100%.

Im sorry if you dont agree with the way i think but i am very open minded so tell me why im wrong and maybe i will listen. But i want proof not just your b.s. talk.
I agree

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #47
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

The same genocide and and general mayhem that went on in Iraq has been going on in Africa since forever. You name it, Liberia, Sudan, Rwanda, Somalia, etc. All of these countries have had so called ethnic cleansing, genocide, and "freedom fighters". The U.S. didn't jump in and send troops over there to restore democracy. The simple reason, THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE MADE in Africa. Now Iraq, thats a different story, tons of money to me made over there because of the black stuff 30k feet underground. Governments love war, its a profit machine and it stimulates the economy. Its a shame that servicemen/women are the unwitting pawns in this game and I hope they all come back to be with their families. Like they say, "Old men makes wars, young men fight them."
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement