MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #81
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,385

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD



Member Garage





my $200+ membership gone???? :(
and my freetrackday that came with it..... :((
__________________
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vortex email kxthor911 Taking it to the Track 1 03-14-2013 01:30 PM
I really enjoyed this email. seratt The Circus 16 10-09-2008 09:40 AM
Another Chain email cogs69 Off Topic 22 11-27-2007 02:31 PM
an email i got shipwreck Off Topic 3 02-12-2006 05:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2009, 06:48 AM   #82
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
R/S and LSTD, and LMS will have higher attendance going forward, guaranteeing track time for those wanting to ride, albeit at higher prices and on fewer days. Peter
huh?

Please don't speak for Ride Smart when you say higher prices. And what do you mean fewer days? near every single date that TTD cancelled, was picked up by Ride Smart and one or two by LSTD. And they made it work. As a matter of fact, I'll wager that ALL of the cancelled dates would have been picked up had Ride Smart not already had another track day scheduled on that day. For example, we would be at MSRH on 8/15 if we were not going to be at ECR. So Ride Smart took the 22nd. And the remainder of the MSRH dates that TTD had.

I am not understanding your post, at all.

Better attendance, yes....higher prices??? fewer days???

Last edited by cdill35; 07-28-2009 at 06:52 AM.
cdill35 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #83
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Is it really that much different? So whats the big deal about that Nukka?
Yea it different. For me. And internet persona selling me on track days versus a real live person, in front of me, showing his skills on the streets. Yea..big difference.
cdill35 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #84
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,403

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I'll hang onto my credits in the hopes karma turns in TTD's favor
If what I'm hearing about their involvement with Duranni wheels has ANY truth to it (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then karma is currently acting in their "favor."
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #85
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





TTD had the best "Parade Laps"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #86
Gsxr_Rider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
huh?

Please don't speak for Ride Smart when you say higher prices. And what do you mean fewer days? near every single date that TTD cancelled, was picked up by Ride Smart and one or two by LSTD. And they made it work. As a matter of fact, I'll wager that ALL of the cancelled dates would have been picked up had Ride Smart not already had another track day scheduled on that day. For example, we would be at MSRH on 8/15 if we were not going to be at ECR. So Ride Smart took the 22nd. And the remainder of the MSRH dates that TTD had.

I am not understanding your post, at all.

Better attendance, yes....higher prices??? fewer days???
hahah nevermind...
 
Old 07-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #87
ZR1
This is the life
 
ZR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 351

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...







Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
I was brought to the track, by an instructor, while riding on the streets, that I met through an internet forum. Is it really that much different? So whats the big deal about that Nukka? Old bald gorilla gave me some insight and the real deal of how it goes.

Someone made me a bet with this org when I first joined this forum. I wonder if he would still take me on this bet
Ive got $500 on SDW aka Will.
Where is that guy Will?
__________________
#427
ZR1 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #88
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxr_Rider View Post
hahah nevermind...
cdill35 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #89
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
Ive got $500 on SDW aka Will.
Where is that guy Will?
servin Itallian Cream Cake somewhere, probably.
cdill35 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #90
S.D.W.
...Ready
 
S.D.W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,147

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110






Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Yea it different. For me. And internet persona selling me on track days versus a real live person, in front of me, showing his skills on the streets. Yea..big difference.
Foolio...

You didn't read my post right. I was brought to the track by riding on the streets. However, I met the person on the internet. I saw Yimmy's skills on the street, rode with him, and he gave me some insight about the track.

Focker....
__________________
HouseOfPaint
S.D.W. is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #91
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,714

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





__________________
sbmsafesig
tiatool is online now  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #92
S.D.W.
...Ready
 
S.D.W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,147

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110






Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
Ive got $500 on SDW aka Will.
Where is that guy Will?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
servin Itallian Cream Cake somewhere, probably.
I'll let this settle down a little bit before I disrupt the peace.

Slanging cream cake.... get it right buster
__________________
HouseOfPaint
S.D.W. is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #93
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.
 
NorthHoustonGSXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kingwood Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,993


Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)







Dont make me post bwebs pics in this thread gentlemen.
__________________

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #94
logan5
Senior Member
 
logan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 5,805


Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s









who picked up the August 15th MSRH date?
__________________
Ben Franklin once told us that “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt" Herbert Hoover
logan5 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #95
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
who picked up the August 15th MSRH date?
MSRH calendar says it is a teen driving school. Ride Smart will be there the following week, on the 22nd. Looks like they made the 15th a member day and make the 22nd a Ride Smart day. They just swapped them.
cdill35 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #96
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
who picked up the August 15th MSRH date?
the teen driving course...



I think due to your size we can sneak you in
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #97
dhdrider
Senior Member
 
dhdrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,719


Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W









(Taking my Ridesmart hat off and putting on my business/customer hat)

Here's my $.02. Business fundamentals if you ask me.

The motorcycling community (for the most part) are a VERY loyal bunch. Just step back and look at the other business in the community. All of you guys here have tremendous loyalties for certain things. Motorcycles Unlimited, South Central Race Center, Sunny's shop, the list could go on and on (and rightly so, these are all great businesses that have earned our trust & respect). It is no different for track day organizations. LSTD and Ridesmart survive because of thier core groups, not because of the fringe riders that float between all organizations. LSTD & Ridesmart will have their core riders that will typically bring an event the "break even point." The fringe riders will be the difference in a break even/postive cash flow event and a loss. Ridesmart (Dave) and the LSTD guys are not in this thing to make money, and if they were, they would have got of this business a long time ago, but you have to have positive cash flow to survive.

Rewind 2 years ago, a new org "comes into town" and books 38 days, all on weekends, more than LSTD & Ride Smart combined. Is that the look of an underdog? I don't think so. They tried to strong-arm their way into it and ultimately when it all played out, the "core" (loyal customers) of LSTD & Ride Smart stayed w/ LSTD & Ride Smart. They started having payment issues w/ venues, created memberships to raise capital, cancelling events last minute, and burning bridges w/ tracks. Ultimately, TTD's "if you build it they will come" strategy failed. Seems to me like a sound business plan was not there when it all started. They might have a "bunch of good people" that instruct and around the events, but that doesn't mean anything if the foundation of the business is not sound.

Again, this is not a personal attack -like the saying goes, "it's not personal, it's business."

(OK, putting my Ride Smart hat back on)
__________________
- Jason

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #98
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager
 
kingralphthe3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: F-WOOD
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,055

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
If what I'm hearing about their involvement with Duranni wheels has ANY truth to it (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then karma is currently acting in their "favor."
__________________
RALPHSIGcopy
kingralphthe3rd is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #99
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager
 
kingralphthe3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: F-WOOD
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,055

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
(Taking my Ridesmart hat off and putting on my business/customer hat)

Here's my $.02. Business fundamentals if you ask me.

The motorcycling community (for the most part) are a VERY loyal bunch. Just step back and look at the other business in the community. All of you guys here have tremendous loyalties for certain things. Motorcycles Unlimited, South Central Race Center, Sunny's shop, the list could go on and on (and rightly so, these are all great businesses that have earned our trust & respect). It is no different for track day organizations. LSTD and Ridesmart survive because of thier core groups, not because of the fringe riders that float between all organizations. LSTD & Ridesmart will have their core riders that will typically bring an event the "break even point." The fringe riders will be the difference in a break even/postive cash flow event and a loss. Ridesmart (Dave) and the LSTD guys are not in this thing to make money, and if they were, they would have got of this business a long time ago, but you have to have positive cash flow to survive.

Rewind 2 years ago, a new org "comes into town" and books 38 days, all on weekends, more than LSTD & Ride Smart combined. Is that the look of an underdog? I don't think so. They tried to strong-arm their way into it and ultimately when it all played out, the "core" (loyal customers) of LSTD & Ride Smart stayed w/ LSTD & Ride Smart. They started having payment issues w/ venues, created memberships to raise capital, cancelling events last minute, and burning bridges w/ tracks. Ultimately, TTD's "if you build it they will come" strategy failed. Seems to me like a sound business plan was not there when it all started. They might have a "bunch of good people" that instruct and around the events, but that doesn't mean anything if the foundation of the business is not sound.

Again, this is not a personal attack -like the saying goes, "it's not personal, it's business."

(OK, putting my Ride Smart hat back on)

very good post
__________________
RALPHSIGcopy
kingralphthe3rd is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #100
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF
 
yellowjacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NW Side
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,897

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*








Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket
logan ridesmart picked up a date on the 22nd of august the next weekend. Ill be there lets take the sv's out and do battle!
yellowjacket is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy