Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 AM   #1
Neversatisfied02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

My buddy laid his bike over today twice....

Well guys,
Its my sisters boyfriend. Hes 20 years old and personality wise, hes a cool guy and fun to chill with but not a rider by any means!

He bought a 2006 red/black GSXR 600. He has only had the bike for 3 weeks. This is his first bike and from what i see, he has no coordination what so ever and he is extremely clutsy on the bike. He is trying so hard to fit in with my buddies that ride that i really feel bad for him but at the same time, he should realize that we have all been riding for some time and worked up to the level we are at. We didnt just jump on a haul .

Anyways, The first night he got it, he took it around my neighborhood by himself while i was at work and laid it over within 2 hours of owning it. ****ed up the left side fairings and scratched the out of the magneto cover. Nice thing to do on a brand new bike!

Anyhow... a few nights later, 4 of us go for a short night ride around town and we stop at Jamba juice on bay area by buffalo wild wings fo a shake. He pulls in and drops his bike trying to move it around to park it. No damage this time. He got lucky!

Then a few days after that, hes pulling the bike out of my garage (this is where he was keeping it at the time) and is trying to walk it to turn it around so he can walk it past my truck and loses his balance again. Apparently he forgot where the brake was and tried to stop it by just pulling the bars which caused him red line the bike from rolling the throttle and barely misses my 06 crewcab i just bought. Oh, i almost my pants when i saw that ! Luckily, he stopped it in time. Yesterday he put on the new fairings he ordered from the wreck he had on the first night he owned it so the bike is back to minty condition again after an additional $800 was spent to replace the fairings.

Then today, we all meet at my house to go ride. About 10-12 of us are leaving and riding to the gas station to get gas. We ride out of my neighborhood (Heritage park pointe) and, down Fife over here in friendswood to bay area. We are all making the turn on bay area to get gas at the krogers on 528(Nasa rd 1) and he eats it on the right hand turn going from Fife to Bay Area. He began to make the turn and for some reason he slammed the front brake which caused him to lose control and lay the bike over again on the curb this time. It messed up the same fairings he just replaced yesterday and ripped his lower radiator hose and dinged up some new .

This is only about a 2 minute ride from my house and he manages to screw it up. If all of this isnt bad enough, when we get to the gas station, he is pulling up to the pump after taking his helmet off and placing it on his mirror when he somehow knocks his helmet off his mirror and in the process of stumbling to catch it before it smashes the ground, loses balance again and drops the bike into the gas pump which means both the bike and the helmet got damaged this time. My buddy managed to fix the radiator hose leak for him at the gas station by cutting some of the hose off and replacing the hose clamp so mechanically, the bike was fine but now its all cosmetically screwed up again after he just spent $800 to fix it yesterday.

I could not believe my eyes after all of this!! I really feel for the guy cause hes trying so hard to fit in with us but he needs to know his limits. Luckily, he did good for the rest of the day riding to the car show in league city and to galveston and back! Thanks !! He actually wanted my sister to ride with him today too. She was going to until i told her to ride with one of my other buddies instead that is much more experienced and to let her boyfriend get used to his bike first and keep her out of harm. Luckily, she was riding with my buddy or she would have been on the bike for the wrecks today. I had my girl on the back of mine or i would have had my sister ride with me but im glad she didnt go with him! That would have been bad!

Anyways guys, had to share my story of this guy with yall. I think he should just give up and sell the bike before he kills himself or anyone else for that matter. He just seems as though he doesnt have the rider instinct that most people that ride have. Hes completely lost on that bike! Well, we will see what happens from here. Like i said, i really feel for the guy because of the bike being ****ed up and also cause he is trying so hard to impress my friends that he getting hurt in the process. Im sure he felt like a real loser after all the today. Im actually glad my buddies didnt clown on him. They actually tried to give him tips and pointers and help him out as much as possible to make him feel better which was cool of them. I just really hope he either chills out and takes the time to learn or just sells the bike before he kills himself on that thing!!

Last edited by Neversatisfied02; 03-27-2006 at 02:27 AM.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i laid my bike over jcsalazar General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 08-08-2013 08:51 AM
My buddy went down today! bskarpa General Discussion (Moto Related) 88 01-26-2010 11:42 AM
laid my bike down suzukifein How To's and Q & A's 34 02-09-2009 11:25 AM
Just got laid off today... Jetkillr Off Topic 34 01-14-2009 02:24 PM
buddy wrecked on 610 today koskesh General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-16-2006 09:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
2XTURBO
that's a space peanut

Experience: 7 years

make him take the msf, if he hasn't already
2XTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
nice read. refer him to msf. best $180 he can spend now...and make sure he has full coverage on the bike if he doesnt. cause im pretty sure he is going to be stuck with a fat payment each month pretty soon and no bike to pose next too.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:29 AM   #4
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Here is the kicker of the whole thing.... he just took that course last week!! He paid like $360 for it at Stubbs cycles!

Obviously it didnt help him any.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:32 AM   #5
bentgixxer

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
if hes got the money, tell him to get a street legal crunchy pos to learn on, if not, man, i dunno, make him sell it and start on something smaller before he tries to haul and really hurts himself

i didnt realize how many folks on here lived in the heritage park areas.
sweet!
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:36 AM   #6
linjy2

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
Here is the kicker of the whole thing.... he just took that course last week!! He paid like $360 for it at Stubbs cycles!

Obviously it didnt help him any.
wow $360

so i guess he has money then, make sure he buys the full coverage and maybe some health insurance its for his own good.

o and make him buy sliders for everything. frame, swingarm, axels, bar ends and etc.

and your avator is to big bentgixxer.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:37 AM   #7
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl
You talk to him about all this? He needs to understand that all it takes is one screw up for his life to end or dramatically change. Try working with him in a big parking lot and figure out what is him up. He's probably so nervous on it now which is why he keeps dropping it and stumbling around with it.

Maybe he should stay away from it for a week or 2 and go back and try again when he's not still thinking about how he dropped it just an hour earlier.
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #8
bentgixxer

Bike(s):
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by linjy2
and your avator is to big bentgixxer.

i figured it was, i dont know how to resize it.

oh well.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 AM   #9
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
that sucks.

... i dont live to far from you tho
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:50 AM   #10
scratchmaster_J

Bike(s):
'02 GSX-R Streetfighter

Tell him to sell it. Some people just dont belong on bikes, period.
scratchmaster_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:59 AM   #11
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

He has money saved up but hes not rich. Just moved into his own appartment so hes got some payments now. Just living off the money he saved and the money hes making working part-time while going to school. I thought $360 was really steep when i heard it too! Its usually half that. I think his course included free food and other as well though.

He has liability only so if he wrecks bad enough to trash the bike out, he will have a nice payment on a balance of 10,500 with nothing to show for it. Thats another thing, he wasnt patient to wait for me to get off work to go with him when he went to get his bike and he got raped by the dealer and paid $10,500 OTD for his 600. Rediculous!!

Ive talked to him about it several times. I guess he just tunes out a doesnt listen. Ive explained how dangerous the bike is if he isnt careful and that he should take his time to learn before riding like hes trying to but he just does his own thing. I guess he likes learning the hard way...

Oh yea, he ordered the frame sliders the same day he ordered the new fairings but they didnt come in by the time the fairings did. Why he didnt wait till he had the frame sliders to install to install the new plastics i have no clue!! Instead, he installs the brand new plastics and crashes again the next day. He will have frame sliders on by the end of this week. I just hope he doesnt crash again.

Oh yea, and Heritage Park rocks!! lol I live right across from P.H. Greene elementary school. My other buddies that ride live pretty close around here in the same area. There is about 10 of us that ride together all the time when work doesnt get in the way. lol
Old 03-27-2006, 03:00 AM   #12
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchmaster_J
Tell him to sell it. Some people just dont belong on bikes, period.

He is definitely one of them! I know he wont listen though even if i told him. He is stubborn! I just hope he doesnt talk my sister into riding with him. She needs to stay as far away from that bike as possible!!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 AM   #13
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
i work over off of nasa and kirby, lol i will be on the look out for your friend so i can try and stay away from him
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:08 AM   #15
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:08 AM   #16
bentgixxer

Bike(s):
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02

Oh yea, and Heritage Park rocks!! lol I live right across from P.H. Greene elementary school. My other buddies that ride live pretty close around here in the same area. There is about 10 of us that ride together all the time when work doesnt get in the way. lol

man, i went to PH greene 16 yrs ago, haha.

i live in crystal bay, pilgrims point @ bay area.

and yes i know its off topic, but theres only one way to get post count up
Old 03-27-2006, 03:18 AM   #17
ImG

Send a message via AIM to ImG
i basically live off of pilgrims point too. Heritage park does rock.
ImG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:24 AM   #18
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:50 AM   #19
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XTURBO
make him take the msf, if he hasn't already
yes, msf or give the bike to me, I live over there also off of Pilgrims Point

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #20
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock