Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

1slocbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion MykolJ Forum Updates & Feedback 3 11-10-2010 06:12 AM
I have a suggestion...... Phaz3d Forum Updates & Feedback 7 07-19-2006 06:23 PM
Suggestion.. Zapata Forum Updates & Feedback 11 07-08-2005 10:56 PM
suggestion Cherub Forum Updates & Feedback 17 05-04-2005 12:52 PM
Old 07-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #22
This is the life
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

KX 450F

No one can answer that question but you dude.
How much do you want to spend?
Are you racing, or just riding?
Most important thing is getting proper instruction and staying within your limits. You can do that on a 1000, 600, or whatever you like.
A 600 is going to be easier to handle than a 1000 of course but I am 6 feet and 190. A 600 isn't my style.
For me, the best bike I can get my hands on makes me the most comfortable. I know I have excellent brakes and great suspension. I dont need busa power on the straights and crappy handling and stopping.
Good luck and sign up for trackday, pay attention to your instructor!
You will love it.
ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #23
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

I have a 130hp 1050cc bike for the street, and a 65hp SV for the track. IMO, the SV is the perfect bike for those without an ego. The SV does not have any squid appeal so maybe that is why I like it. It is definitely gratifying to work on a liter bike for a lap or two as he blasts by you on the straight only to be re past going into the corners. In most cases, this lasts about 2 laps until they give in.

To answer the question at the beginning of the thread, the SV will be the perfect bike to learn on at the track. If you decide you want more grunt, you can always sell it and buy a supersport. By this time, your skill level would have increased and there is less of a chance of you binning your bike first time out..........
wiayeman is online now   Reply With Quote