MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 01:28 AM   #61
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Cal to Tech3 Moto2 is my bet

Hmmm.. You have some inside information?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSBK Brno crash SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 5 07-23-2012 10:33 PM
SPOILER WARNING: WSBK Brno eltejano Taking it to the Track 1 07-10-2011 08:50 PM
Brno GP *Possible Spoilers* RoadracerNC Taking it to the Track 16 08-18-2009 03:48 PM
WSBK: Haga passed fit to race at Brno Grinchy Taking it to the Track 5 07-22-2009 11:41 PM
WSBK Valencia *possible spoilers* tiatool Taking it to the Track 37 04-02-2009 04:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #62
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Hmmm.. You have some inside information?
no, just makes the most sense to me
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #63
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
no, just makes the most sense to me
All I've been hearing is that Cal wants a Superbike ride. W/ his performance this year, you don't think he'll get one? Seems like a great spot for a privateer Yamaha SBK ride or a 3rd factory bike (if Spies stays) or Spies' spot if Spies goes to GP.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #64
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
All I've been hearing is that Cal wants a Superbike ride. W/ his performance this year, you don't think he'll get one? Seems like a great spot for a privateer Yamaha SBK ride or a 3rd factory bike (if Spies stays) or Spies' spot if Spies goes to GP.
The thing is I don't see a spot being available with the factory Yamaha superbike team,
I believe Ben is headed for MotoGP but I can't see Yamaha Italia running two Brits!!
Saterlite team, good theory but I don't see it happening in this climate!

I think he's done more than enough to warrant a factory ride but Cal has always picked his rides carefully which is why I can't see him going to Kawasaki or Suzuki. Ten Kate maybe but unlikely!!

just my opinion though.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #65
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
The thing is I don't see a spot being available with the factory Yamaha superbike team,
I believe Ben is headed for MotoGP but I can't see Yamaha Italia running two Brits!!
Saterlite team, good theory but I don't see it happening in this climate!

I think he's done more than enough to warrant a factory ride but Cal has always picked his rides carefully which is why I can't see him going to Kawasaki or Suzuki. Ten Kate maybe but unlikely!!

just my opinion though.
But, he has been putting the R6 on the box all year long ahead of the mighty Ten Kate Honda boys (who have owned SS tha last decade) and it seems like that may earn him something from Yamaha, no? Maybe, I guess only time will tell.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Retail Resource Group
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #66
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Not gonna read the thread yet because I've only had the chance to see race 1 so far. WTF was Fabrizio thinking? I wish Spies would have thrown his to the ground (okay, maybe not)...but you KNOW he was mad. I got a nice chuckle out of the clip of him walking back to the pits waving his finger at the camera. Haga also played it smart by holding his own...especially knowing his top rivals were out of the race. I can understand that move (Fabrizio's) in the last lap of the race, but lap 5???? Dude should have gotten a beating.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #67
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
But, he has been putting the R6 on the box all year long ahead of the mighty Ten Kate Honda boys (who have owned SS tha last decade) and it seems like that may earn him something from Yamaha, no? Maybe, I guess only time will tell.
yes, it will earn him a ride on the Yamaha Tech3 Moto2 bike

sorry, when I said Ten Kate I meant Ten Kate WSBK team not WSS.
Cal wont be in WSS next year.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #68
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I thought I heard them say during the race that Cal was surprised that he hadn't received any superbike offers yet. I'm a bit surprised to if that's true.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 07-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #69
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Crutchlow reveals WSBK, Moto2 options
Cal Crutchlow is confident he will be riding for a factory-backed World Superbike Championship team in 2010, but admits he is not ruling out the possibility of defecting to the newly formed Moto2 series.

The Yamaha rider has taken the World Supersport Championship by storm this season and is now just four races away from becoming the first non-Ten Kate Honda rider to win the title since 2001.

Although the rider market currently stagnant as the series heads into its summer break, attention is nonetheless beginning to turn towards 2010, with Crutchlow expected to occupy the top of many 'wanted' lists.

Indeed, while Crutchlow wouldn't be drawn on any specific interest from perspective employers, he reveals he has been approached by 'a couple of factory teams'.

“My plans are good,” he told Crash.net. “I am sitting on a few offers from World Superbikes teams, including a couple of factory teams. It is an honour to be thought of in that sense, but I want to win the [Supersport] title first. I was employed by Yamaha to win the title and that is what I want to concentrate on.

Crutchlow is particularly confident that he could be riding a factory Yamaha in 2010, hinting at a clause in his contract that stipulates he can graduate to Superbikes if his results in Supersports are good enough.

His comments come despite Yamaha WSB boss Massimo Meregalli, in an interview with Crash.net, stating his desire to retain Ben Spies and Tom Sykes next season.

“I have a good team of people behind me who are working on next year and in a few weeks they will come to me and say 'this is what is on the table, what do you want to do',” he added. “I know what I've been told and there is no reason to suggest I won't be on a World Superbike Yamaha next year. It would be stupid if it wasn't in my contract.”

Despite his World Superbike options, Crutchlow adds he is seriously considering a move to the new Moto2 series, pointing out that it will be the quicker route to reaching his target of MotoGP.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #70
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Cal will be riding a satellite Ducati....................
Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #71
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Get out of here!!!!

After race 1, your kind isn't welcome here anymore.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #72
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post

man you got it bad
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #73
aznhero913
J.D.

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

I still think spies is gonna stay in sbk for at least another year.
I think he is appreciating the fact that the competition level is way too fierce and second I dont think that lorenzo is gonna be goin honda, I think he's just makn that statement to buffalo yamaha into paying him more.
IMO I think spies should stay in sbk one more year and keep developing his talent. Hopkins and Edwards looked like phenoms to us but look how their motogp carriers are going. BTW as far as spies gettn w/ suzuki in motogp, YOU must be smokin that dope before makn that statement.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #74
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913 View Post
I still think spies is gonna stay in sbk for at least another year.
I think he is appreciating the fact that the competition level is way too fierce and second I dont think that lorenzo is gonna be goin honda, I think he's just makn that statement to buffalo yamaha into paying him more.
IMO I think spies should stay in sbk one more year and keep developing his talent. Hopkins and Edwards looked like phenoms to us but look how their motogp carriers are going. BTW as far as spies gettn w/ suzuki in motogp, YOU must be smokin that dope before makn that statement.
That doesn't matter because Spies cannot go to the Factory Yamaha team his first year. If he goes, he must go satellite team (unless it's Suzuki - which has not satellite teams).

2008 KTM 200 XC

Retail Resource Group
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 07-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #75
aznhero913
J.D.

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

Quote:
That doesn't matter because Spies cannot go to the Factory Yamaha team his first year. If he goes, he must go satellite team (unless it's Suzuki - which has not satellite teams).
Just figured the sat. yamaha team would get the hook up from the factory team to show spies a sense of loyalty and court him to stayn with that brand.
Lets face it, if they can capture an American with consistent championship potential, you know how much sales would increase for that company that gets him?!? You'll see squids left and right buyn up that brand b/c they saw Spies winning races and capturing titles on that bike. Then most likely that manufacturer will supplement advertising in household magazines (maxim, mens health, esquire, GQ) with spies in it.
Superbike racing hasnt been captured in mainstream here in the states, the only it will is if there is a hometown hero they can root for.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #76
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Yamaha should replace Sykes with Cal.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #77
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote: