MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Changed My Mind About JRP

Ok so at first I thought this guy was a total dumb . But after watching a clip on the news about him, you got to give the guy some credit! The guy at 36 dropped everything and went back to motorcycle racing And on top of that he is out trying to bring MORE fans to the sport! I hate the reality TV and his tactics are a bit off but you know it is more than I am doing, and more than most if not all the people I know in motorcycle racing are doing. The guy has 3 kids and a step son, built multiple businesses, and is out there doing what he can to make it with the big boys in racing! That is impressive, I don't care who you are! He may suck in comparision to Hayes, Yates, and about 27 other racers last week but not the point....

And anybody that goes on Television and brings their 10 year old daughter so they can get on TV is alright in my book!

So yeah I changed my mind about the guy! He is alright I guess... Still not a "fan" but ehhh.... I don't hate him
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I've Changed my Mind: Perry For Prez!! BigComfy The Circus 42 08-24-2011 01:05 PM
so i changed the plugs... The Trav Performance and Modifications 10 12-01-2009 12:30 PM
JRP Letter to AMA PRO (June 2k9) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 9 07-24-2009 11:05 PM
whoever changed Azylum RojerLockless General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 12-08-2008 05:40 PM
I WANT MY SCREEN NAME CHANGED! Mrs. ~T~ Forum Updates & Feedback 98 02-06-2008 01:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
He's an attention who is breeding and raising more little attention whores and your praise him? THAT is what is wrong with this country. If he really wanted to bring more to the sport, sponsor someone who actually has talent and who may actually make something of it. Sure he shows up and qualifies, good for him and the AMA/DMG bank account balance. What he did by getting in the way was self promotion for his reallity show. Same thing when he or someone close to him posted the vid to Youtube. He was freakin' miked up so it's all loud and clear. Coincidence?? Granted, Luddington is an and his passion for "the show" is part of why it's become such a joke. AMA/DMG wants to put on a show, while the racers all remain the same......they just want to race. Mandatory autograph sessions and sensorship in riders meetings is no way to advance your agenda, let alone the sport. A pace car in bike racing? Freakin genius.

So moral of the story??
Publicity is publicity good or bad, folks are talking about Johhny Rock Page and his reality show. You bought it hook, line, and sinker...............have you set the Tivo yet?
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i don't know about you, but he is my newfound hero.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
i don't know about you, but he is my newfound hero.
you're always on someone's nutz
Old 07-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Guess it worked for JRP, he's all over RRW.com and a few others.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
You bought it hook, line, and sinker...............have you set the Tivo yet?
ha ha... I hate reality TV in any form actually But if the result is more people watching motorcycle racing on television and this numfudder adds to it then ehhh... what do I care if the end result is in our favor right? I think you mis-read my post to some extent. I am NOT a fan of this guy at all, and I think he needs his kicked for that little stunt he pulled with the mic at Mid-Ohio but who cares.... Will he be the face of motorcycle racing? Man I sure hope not... Have you ever heard that the first person that wants to be your friend at a new place is probably the last person you want to be friends with? Well that is this kid.... Get the other guys to step up and get on the TV, sign some autographs, do something!!!!

AMA/DMG well they can go fuddd themselves as they have no idea what people want... That Al guy was a total , and I would have freaking beat his if he talked to me that way after a race... He should have let Yates deal with JRP, swift kick in the to set the panzy straight...

I think this JRP guy is totally misguided but he is on the right track, at least he is doing something.... It is soooo easy for him and his little gay assistant to get on TV cause there is nobody else out there talking about it..... The real question is: "is NOT doing anything better or worse"? And I wouldn't say he is talentless right, he beat out some fast dudes to qualify... that take some level of talent...

All I am saying is that he isn't a total dumb , and he aint my hero by any stretch of the imagination either ...

End of the day, he is trying and that is more than most are doing... everyone else has just thrown their hands up and said "fudd it" these AMA/DMG bastards have ruined motorcycle racing in America.... Takes some all I am saying

So ehhhh I don't mind the guy... I hated him on Sunday after Mid-Ohio, now I can stand him a bit...

Last edited by Timme'; 07-23-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Timme' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

He's not doing anything different than I would do if I had tens of millions of dollars. Well, besides being much more pore, maybe I am a little different. I would have the decency and sense to get out of the race leaders' way at an AMA national.

I don't applaud him for getting on TV. There's been a ton of dorks before him.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

While this country is filled with people looking for handouts, he made his money by going out there and risking his capital ... for that alone he has my respect.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Fugg me! Let this chit go! That is all.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
Grimace

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

what the is fudd?

JUST KIDDING Timme', and probably opening up myself up to being laughed at. Oh well, I'm off my meds again and don't care.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Grimace

Experience: 6 years

You've always got the BEST pictures for you avatars gunshotwound!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrimes View Post
You've always got the BEST pictures for you avatars gunshotwound!!!
Yeah where exactly did you get that one?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #13
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Mandatory autograph sessions
Is AMA-PRO the only group that does this?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #14
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Is AMA-PRO the only group that does this?
I don't know about others but I bet MotoGP and WSBK does it too (as a guess). I do know that this is something new that AMA didn't require in the past.

IIRC, it was DMG's way of "opening up access" to the riders and teams for the fans. The paddock was supposed to be open access also. Those changes I agree with, to me that should encourage fans to attend. The flip of that is that these riders (at least half the field) aren't getting paid for racing (or at least very much) and the AMA acts like they can tell the racers what to do like they're paying them a handsome salary.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #15
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I don't know about others but I bet MotoGP and WSBK does it too (as a guess). I do know that this is something new that AMA didn't require in the past.
Thats kinda what I thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
The flip of that is that these riders (at least half the field) aren't getting paid for racing (or at least very much) and the AMA acts like they can tell the racers what to do like they're paying them a handsome salary.
Yea, thats pretty much bullshit.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement