MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

it looks awesome! but my buddy rossi told me to tell you that you need to be either on the throttle or on the brakes, nothing in between. lol. nice riding out there...

the data hooked up to a throttle position sensor? and a brake light?

i'm jealous, i am always in a quest for obtaining numbers to chart.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
camera mount shfireman Off Topic 4 02-19-2013 05:38 PM
new motogp camera mount Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-18-2010 08:42 PM
Camera Mount Solution specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 03-20-2008 06:36 PM
pics of camera mount Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 02-01-2008 07:57 PM
my new rear camera mount Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 01-13-2008 12:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #22
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
it looks awesome! but my buddy rossi told me to tell you that you need to be either on the throttle or on the brakes, nothing in between. lol. nice riding out there...

the data hooked up to a throttle position sensor? and a brake light?

i'm jealous, i am always in a quest for obtaining numbers to chart.
I'm fairly certain his setup uses accelerometers.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I'm fairly certain his setup uses accelerometers.
you have to be a pro racer to use that, it's illegal for trackday guys to possess this kinda equipment

sorry, this racer/trackday thing is NEVER going to get old! i love it!

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #24
maxgs

Member Garage

You are correct, I have sensors for throttle position and brake activation. The system also incorporates GPS for speed and track mapping, as well as lateral and longitudinal accelerometers.

Regards,

Curt
Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
you have to be a pro racer to use that, it's illegal for trackday guys to possess this kinda equipment

sorry, this racer/trackday thing is NEVER going to get old! i love it!

Dang. I guess I need to sell my bike to you then. I'm not allowed to have it
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
Celine

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
R1 (street)
SV650 (track)
CR80 (dirt)

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95362

This was taken with just a sticky mount for the camera on the tail section of my SV.

Ask TheMajicMan if you want to know what camera it was because I have no idea, other than it was a wide angle.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #27
ChrisGo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Like this? This looks lik a good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQhdQNSryY
YES, thats what im after. I am trying to elevate the view and angle it down more though to get a better perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiRider600 View Post
Pay for my track day and I'll follow you all day long!! Btw.. Bring me a thumb drive. I actually do have some video of you. I keep forgetting.
I keep forgetting but i will try and grab it tomorrow or saturday, dont erase Isle of Mann TT either
Feel like riding sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Thats what I think would give you the best view of what your body positioning looks like ^^^^^^^^
Agreed! thats the view im after but elevated and angled down more

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
'04 gixxer 6 here. Nose and tail are both to sharply angled. I might could put it off-center on the nose I guess....
Im riding the 04 gsxr 6 too so i would have the same prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I had a brilliant person make a custom mount for mine on the front and it takes all of the little bit of vibration that the camera's IS doesn't catch. Gives an incredibly stable picture that way

Easy to make, but I promised the person who concieved the bracket that I wouldn't spread it around. If you want to contact him, he may be able to help by selling you the plans or selling you a bracket. I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive- certainly worth whatever he would charge.

But I was a racer, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about
Pics or it doesnt exist

Yall crack me up with this "im not a racer", "Im not a racer anymore". I have an idea for a mount that Im gonna draft up and have a machine shop make, still working on the vibration damping though. Not sure if it will work yet. You should have your buddy PM me with those plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
did you gather all that from the data acquisition? how easy is it to import that?

that's awesome!

i have a gopro but haven't uploaded much footage to the web. here is my gopro on the ruckus forks:
YouTube - Test Ruck
sweet camera view........felt like the opening for train spotting or some other college drug movie with that music+ the vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95362

This was taken with just a sticky mount for the camera on the tail section of my SV.

Ask TheMajicMan if you want to know what camera it was because I have no idea, other than it was a wide angle.
Will do! Thanks for the help

LONGEST REPLY EVAR!
ChrisGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxxer600 View Post

Pics or it doesnt exist

Yall crack me up with this "im not a racer", "Im not a racer anymore". I have an idea for a mount that Im gonna draft up and have a machine shop make, still working on the vibration damping though. Not sure if it will work yet. You should have your buddy PM me with those plans
PM SBK Pilot, he'll line you out if he can. The damping is all taken care of with this mount. The IS on the GoPro is very good already, but with the mount it's absolutely without vibration.

Here's a distance shot so I don't give it away up close

20090323 IMG 5339
Old 07-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #29
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpah View Post
maxgs..IMO U R these best at this this stuff
I R AGREE (except for the fact that you totally ignored me on my first trackday (it wasn't my fault we weren't supposed to pass!)ah well, just kidding about being angry, just gives me more incentive to go faster (like I needed more!)
Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #30
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrimes View Post
I R AGREE (except for the fact that you totally ignored me on my first trackday (it wasn't my fault we weren't supposed to pass!)ah well, just kidding about being angry, just gives me more incentive to go faster (like I needed more!)
Hmmm, there is quite a bit of passing in Novice. Just nothing in the turns, right? Next time, introduce yourself. That will do wonders.

-Curt

Advertisement