MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket
EZ Tag Question

Ok so I just purchased my ez tag for my bike today.. the problem is Im headed to clearlake tonight and im wondering.. If I run through eztag will they just charge my existing account.... Im not an eztag runner but say I ride center line cop pulls me over will it show that im a registered ez tag user I just dont have my sensor.. I know its automatic jail now from what I have heard and i really dont want to get locked up for a dollar.. Im just wondering because its going to be a good hour ride and I dont want to pull over 5 times to get there.. any advice is appreciated if you know the rules on this.. it could take 10-15 days to get my tag.
yellowjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EZ tag question gtdrivr General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 10-18-2012 03:34 PM
EZ Tag help ARKEM General Discussion (Moto Related) 150 05-10-2012 12:10 PM
Quick EZ tag question ecclissiass General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-03-2011 04:13 PM
EZ Tag Versatile337 General Discussion (Moto Related) 88 12-31-2009 10:26 AM
EZ Tag question? XRCajun General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 07-31-2009 10:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
trumindgame
Rowdy Riders @ UTSA

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Sv 1000s 2k7
WTB 08 Blk/Orange Busa

go to jail? serious lol... that sucks. dont do it when theres a cop in front i guess. only the constables can hand out tickets on that private highway thats a plus
Old 07-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

well some of the cops post outside the office but im wondering how they could relay info that fast if I ran it.. I would think it has to process you know
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
well some of the cops post outside the office but im wondering how they could relay info that fast if I ran it.. I would think it has to process you know
If you ride the white line they wont know if you ran the toll or not. Anyways make sure you look to see if there are any coppers camping out.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

just stop & pay at the booths?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

I dunno about that instant jail time nonsense just for running a toll.

I can tell you I listen to the HCTRA Law channel on the scanner quite often when I am on the beltway and the second a frequent violator goes through a toll without paying, dispatch puts word out and the nearest patrol unit goes after them with a LP and vehicle description. Whether they take them to jail over it, I highly doubt unless it is massive amounts of unpaid toll violations I can't imagine it's instant jail time.

As far as riding the white line goes, unless someone is actually watching the camera/lane, chances are you won't trip the sensor and no one will ever know. But if there are any LEO's that happen to see it, I am sure it's not hard for them to notice your not in the lane like you should be. I am sure if the see you, they will chase you down if they can.

Also, if you have your license plate number in the system tied to your eztag like your supposed to, then don't worry about the tag, just go through normally, their system has the ability to read your license plate and charge the toll to your account like normal. Really with the system they have now, there is no need to have a tag, unless your plate is mounted at a point which is not visible to the cameras. They do this with rental cars, you can go online in your account and temporarily add a vehicle to your account just by entering the license plate number. The only time not carrying the tag becomes a problem, is when you need to exit/enter a armed gate and there is not an eztag exit/entrance ramp.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 07-21-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
tmilheiser

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
FZ6

bring the recipt, if you get pulled over tell them you were told it would charge to your account by your licens plate....
Old 07-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

i've seen first hand bikes being pulled over right after the toll. i wouldn't run it if i were u; on the line. ride the lane like normal

just my .02
Old 07-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

my dad is giving me his eztag off the goldwing no worries I just dont want to get in trouble for my ignorance of the situation. Im not some punk that covers the plate or rides dirty all my stuff is legit. I just was wondering since I just called the office if anybody had any knowledge of the situation.. Im sure more of you guys know more about it than I do
Old 07-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Another note, my tag never would read unless I literally held it up in the air. So I only pulled it out when I needed to open a arm. I noticed that once I did my new license plate bracket. I never got charged for the normal tolls, only when I pulled the eztag out and held it up at a sensor. Now whether or not some of those times they sent the popo looking for me, I dunno. I was going fast enough they weren't gonna catch me anyhow unless they happened to be right behind me.

If I would have ever gotten pulled over for it I would have just said the people at the store told me the tag would read in my jacket pocket (which they did, although they were wrong) and I didn't know it wasn't picking up. I usually had my tag on me, I just never held it up to the sensor unless I had to for a arm.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

+1 on reading the plates! My EZ Tag is broken and doesnt register at the manned tolls. I always have to get them to open the gate for me and write my LP down, but on the big Toll Sections the cameras charge me like normal.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
trumindgame
Rowdy Riders @ UTSA

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Sv 1000s 2k7
WTB 08 Blk/Orange Busa

lol

gotta love that white line though. officer that was a blast of wind that hit me; did you feel that? theres one way to get outta it lol. westpark tollway rida
Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
my dad is giving me his eztag off the goldwing no worries I just dont want to get in trouble for my ignorance of the situation. Im not some punk that covers the plate or rides dirty all my stuff is legit. I just was wondering since I just called the office if anybody had any knowledge of the situation.. Im sure more of you guys know more about it than I do

cant do that either. the plate has to go to the tag. it knows if not and will charge you multiple fees. also your tag is not activated for up to 3 days. also when i got my tag this year they gave me the tag right there. why for you is it 3 weeks?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
cant do that either. the plate has to go to the tag. it knows if not and will charge you multiple fees. also your tag is not activated for up to 3 days. also when i got my tag this year they gave me the tag right there. why for you is it 3 weeks?
True that. My ex's car had broken down and she was using her mom's car. She took her EZ tag out of her car to use in her mom's car. She got pulled over THE FIRST TIME. The cop was riding behind her and noticed that she raised the EZ tag with her hand as she was passing the toll.

He ran her plates and, since her mom's car wasn't a registered EZ tag user, he pulled her over. Just gave her a warning and told her she couldn't do that. The plate HAS to match the tag. I can kinda understand cause if someone stole my tag, I wouldn't want them running up tolls under my acct. (I'm talking about the old style bulky ones.)

Last edited by a forum moderator; 07-21-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
whoolie past the booths.
How do you know??
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
True that. My ex's car had broken down and she was using her mom's car. She took her EZ tag out of her car to use in her mom's car. She got pulled over THE FIRST TIME. The cop was riding behind her and noticed that she raised the EZ tag with her hand as she was passing the toll.

He ran her plates and, since her mom's car wasn't a registered EZ tag user, he pulled her over. Just gave her a warning and told her she couldn't do that. The plate HAS to match the tag. I can kinda understand cause if someone stole my tag, I wouldn't want them running up tolls under my acct. (I'm talking about the old style bulky ones.)
But if only a cop saw you do that would they do caught.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

.... I wonder how people got around Houston before the Tollway was built...

jeeez
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #19
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

It does not take 3 weeks to get a tag.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

Depends on when the decide to mail the tag out.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement