MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #41
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I put a new chain on the bike a while back. During that process, I specifically worked to shorten the wheelbase as much as possible, i.e. I made the chain as short as I could. From a theory perspective, a shorter wheelbase should turn better, right? Well, in reality I'm told that the GSXR-1000 racers do the exact opposite. They want the wheel as far back as possible. Larry noted that the rear end was snapping loose in an unpredictable manner. It looked a little narly in the videos. He suspects that it's a combination of the rear wheel being so far forward and my rear ride height being too high resulting in too much weight on the front wheel.

Now when he's on the bike, it behaves differently since I'm at least 130 lbs heavier. That said, it's still something to consider.

Yeah for sure, definitely think you should consider your options with that. I would have to agree with the theory behind the different set ups, you would think a shorter wheelbase would be condusive to better cornering. I really wish I would have found a better entrance into the last chicane and been more comfortable so that I could have ran the same gear with you onto the entrance of the front straight. I would like to have seen what the difference would have been if I had been in 2nd gear with you. I know that's the gear I should be in, but I was panny wasting around in 3rd gear trying to find my line through there....it really jacks up my drive out of that corner
Vid: MaxGs @ MSR-H Level 4 - 2:30 pm maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 12-02-2009 10:54 AM
MaxGs @TWS (Texas World Speedway) Video - Level 4 Highlights maxgs Video's and Photo's 9 09-08-2009 05:32 PM
MaxGs/TWS (Texas World Speedway) Speedo Overlay maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 12-01-2008 07:51 PM
MaxGs at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with Texas Track Days maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 11-24-2008 09:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #42
maxgs

Member Garage

Pete... seriously... you were coming by me so quickly, I can't even imagine what it would have been like had you been in 2nd gear. BTW, I short shift 2nd coming out. It's pretty bumpy for me coming out of 15 and I've had a couple of moments there...

BTW, I'm running -1 in the front and stock in the back. What are you using?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #43
1slocbr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

1slocbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #44
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)

BTW, I'm running -1 in the front and stock in the back. What are you using?[/QUOTE]

Im so stock it's not even funny.

Yeah I'm thinking it's probably gonna be a little hairy coming out in second and seeing how the front wheel settles after dancing on the pavement just before transitioning the elevation to the front straight.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #45
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Experience: 10+ years

yall fkers are crazy

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #46
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Thanks for the tip. What else can you tell me so I can ride better?
in case you didn't realize I was kidding, your skills are very good.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #47
maxgs

Member Garage

OK, here is what we looked like with the data acquisition. Sorry, guys, no narration all over this video. And, the brake sensor is just a wee bit too sensitive right now. Just a glove on a lever sets it off.

Be sure to watch it in HQ.

-Curt

Old 07-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #48
VDM

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2007 (Sold)
Yamaha Midnight Warrior 2009
Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Awesome video! Nice skills!
VDM is offline   Reply With Quote