MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
maxgs

Member Garage

Video Studio Pro X2.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vid: MaxGs @ MSR-H Level 4 - 2:30 pm maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 12-02-2009 10:54 AM
MaxGs @TWS (Texas World Speedway) Video - Level 4 Highlights maxgs Video's and Photo's 9 09-08-2009 05:32 PM
MaxGs/TWS (Texas World Speedway) Speedo Overlay maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 12-01-2008 07:51 PM
MaxGs at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with Texas Track Days maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 11-24-2008 09:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #22
Ksample"CRASH"
Gixxer Grand foe life

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
08 Gixxer Grand
08 Gixxer-R600

Cool I will research it.....Great vids by the way.....You wouldn't happen to have any vids of TWS (Texas World Speedway) 7/18/09 would you?
Ksample"CRASH" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #23
Ksample"CRASH"
Gixxer Grand foe life

Bike(s):
08 Gixxer Grand
08 Gixxer-R600

Ok one more question (if you want to answer it). How did you get the portion that showes your cluster, braking, right and left angles and map of track? that is just like the pro's.....great stuff.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #24
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksample"CRASH" View Post
Ok one more question (if you want to answer it). How did you get the portion that showes your cluster, braking, right and left angles and map of track? that is just like the pro's.....great stuff.
I have data acquisition on the bike and I can integrate it with the video, it just takes a long time.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #25
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Thanks for the tip. What else can you tell me so I can ride better?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #26
Ksample"CRASH"
Gixxer Grand foe life

Bike(s):
08 Gixxer Grand
08 Gixxer-R600

Thanks for the info....really appreciate it....
Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #27
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Great vid (again),
gave us a chuckle
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #28
agermer

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 kawi zx-10 (red)

Member Garage

Curt never lets us down on the track videos!
agermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #29
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
Wide Glide - Harley - Sold
TTR90
SV1000
What to buy next.....Hmmmm

Nice......

Nice Vid Curt, got me all ready to ride and I'm at work.
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #30
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)

Quote:
One handed, 150 down the straight. The little guy is crazy.

Man that was a lot of fun Saturday! The video is great! I need a few more trips to TWS (Texas World Speedway), the first one's always a little rough...so many different lines transitioning from turn 1 to 2 and minimal reference points...I can't wait to do it again. Dude I wish everyone else could have seen how big your freakin finger was when you gave me the solo peace sign, it almost blinded me from my reference point.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #31
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce View Post
Man that was a lot of fun Saturday! The video is great! I need a few more trips to TWS (Texas World Speedway), the first one's always a little rough...so many different lines transitioning from turn 1 to 2 and minimal reference points...I can't wait to do it again. Dude I wish everyone else could have seen how big your freakin finger was when you gave me the solo peace sign, it almost blinded me from my reference point.
Ha ha ha ha. Great fun. I might get the data acquisition video put together for that run so we both can take a look. It takes a long time, however, and I know I wasn't running that fast late in the day. I'd bet my lap times were no better than 2:05's.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #32
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA awesome video! that looks like hella fun indeed!

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #33
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)

Quote:
Ha ha ha ha. Great fun. I might get the data acquisition video put together for that run so we both can take a look. It takes a long time, however, and I know I wasn't running that fast late in the day. I'd bet my lap times were no better than 2:05's.

Yeah that would be pretty cool to see. I have no idea how my lap times would have turned out, every lap I was trying different lines. It was weird as we discussed the pace with me instructing novice and then transitioning to that of a much faster pace, especially on a track I'm not familiar with. The track felt pretty green to me, what did you think?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #34
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Yeah that would be pretty cool to see. I have no idea how my lap times would have turned out, every lap I was trying different lines. It was weird as we discussed the pace with me instructing novice and then transitioning to that of a much faster pace, especially on a track I'm not familiar with. The track felt pretty green to me, what did you think?
After all those laps, you should see my rear tire. One day and no tread on the left side of the rear. At the speeds we were running, I had no traction issues. Earlier in the day when I was running faster, it seemed less grippy than I had remembered. But it had been a long time and I was running quite a bit slower than I used to, so I'm attributing that to lack of seat time rather than a surface issue. Larry rode my bike and came back with a couple observations, perhaps the most interesting is that he wouldn't ride it again given the challenges he was having getting the rear to stick. He gave me a couple of things to think about and I might give it a shot before getting to MSRH.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #35
GPracer33

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR 600RR
2004 Honda CBR 600 RR

Member Garage

I think you saw that pass at little earlier in the day though. nice to see you put it to good use....lol
GPracer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #36
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)

Quote:
After all those laps, you should see my rear tire. One day and no tread on the left side of the rear. At the speeds we were running, I had no traction issues. Earlier in the day when I was running faster, it seemed less grippy than I had remembered. But it had been a long time and I was running quite a bit slower than I used to, so I'm attributing that to lack of seat time rather than a surface issue. Larry rode my bike and came back with a couple observations, perhaps the most interesting is that he wouldn't ride it again given the challenges he was having getting the rear to stick. He gave me a couple of things to think about and I might give it a shot before getting to MSRH.
Oh really! I'd love to hear what freaked him out and what he advised, maybe pm me later. I've been thinking of having him ride mine as well and give a little feedback. It would be fun to meet up with you and go over the data acquisition from TWS (Texas World Speedway) and get some input from you.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #37
Brian f.

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Great video both of you. Thats the kinda sessions that make the trackdays above and beyond, and rarely caught on video, kudos Curt.

I bet Curts being VERY modest about the 2:05's?
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #38
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Oh really! I'd love to hear what freaked him out and what he advised, maybe pm me later. I've been thinking of having him ride mine as well and give a little feedback. It would be fun to meet up with you and go over the data acquisition from TWS (Texas World Speedway) and get some input from you.
I put a new chain on the bike a while back. During that process, I specifically worked to shorten the wheelbase as much as possible, i.e. I made the chain as short as I could. From a theory perspective, a shorter wheelbase should turn better, right? Well, in reality I'm told that the GSXR-1000 racers do the exact opposite. They want the wheel as far back as possible. Larry noted that the rear end was snapping loose in an unpredictable manner. It looked a little narly in the videos. He suspects that it's a combination of the rear wheel being so far forward and my rear ride height being too high resulting in too much weight on the front wheel.

Now when he's on the bike, it behaves differently since I'm at least 130 lbs heavier. That said, it's still something to consider.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #39
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

a couple of us got to the stands to actually watch that session, we were wondering if pete gave u the universal "i love you man sign," footage was awesome, but them boys were cranking it up!
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #40
1fastchevy
Bout Time

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post

I bet Curts being VERY modest about the 2:05's?

You think?
1fastchevy is offline   Reply With Quote