MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Video Studio Pro X2.
  Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vid: MaxGs @ MSR-H Level 4 - 2:30 pm maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 12-02-2009 10:54 AM
MaxGs @TWS (Texas World Speedway) Video - Level 4 Highlights maxgs Video's and Photo's 9 09-08-2009 05:32 PM
MaxGs/TWS (Texas World Speedway) Speedo Overlay maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 12-01-2008 07:51 PM
MaxGs at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with Texas Track Days maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 11-24-2008 09:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #22
Ksample"CRASH"
Gixxer Grand foe life
 
Ksample"CRASH"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
08 Gixxer Grand
08 Gixxer-R600








Cool I will research it.....Great vids by the way.....You wouldn't happen to have any vids of TWS (Texas World Speedway) 7/18/09 would you?
Ksample"CRASH" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #23
Ksample"CRASH"
Gixxer Grand foe life
 
Ksample"CRASH"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
08 Gixxer Grand
08 Gixxer-R600








Ok one more question (if you want to answer it). How did you get the portion that showes your cluster, braking, right and left angles and map of track? that is just like the pro's.....great stuff.
Ksample"CRASH" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #24
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksample"CRASH" View Post
Ok one more question (if you want to answer it). How did you get the portion that showes your cluster, braking, right and left angles and map of track? that is just like the pro's.....great stuff.
I have data acquisition on the bike and I can integrate it with the video, it just takes a long time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #25
S.D.W.
...Ready
 
S.D.W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,147

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110






Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Thanks for the tip. What else can you tell me so I can ride better?




__________________
HouseOfPaint
S.D.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #26
Ksample"CRASH"
Gixxer Grand foe life
 
Ksample"CRASH"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
08 Gixxer Grand
08 Gixxer-R600








Thanks for the info....really appreciate it....
Ksample"CRASH" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #27
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Great vid (again),
gave us a chuckle
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #28
agermer
Senior Member
 
agermer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Webster TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 453

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2007 kawi zx-10 (red)




Member Garage





Curt never lets us down on the track videos!
agermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 AM   #29
kdub
Who needs > Two Wheels?
 
kdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 130

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Tribal 600RR - Sold
Wide Glide - Harley - Sold
TTR90
SV1000
What to buy next.....Hmmmm






Nice......

Nice Vid Curt, got me all ready to ride and I'm at work.
kdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #30
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!
 
hotsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Downtown - Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 109

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)









Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
One handed, 150 down the straight. The little guy is crazy.

Man that was a lot of fun Saturday! The video is great! I need a few more trips to TWS (Texas World Speedway), the first one's always a little rough...so many different lines transitioning from turn 1 to 2 and minimal reference points...I can't wait to do it again. Dude I wish everyone else could have seen how big your freakin finger was when you gave me the solo peace sign, it almost blinded me from my reference point.
__________________
hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #31
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce View Post
Man that was a lot of fun Saturday! The video is great! I need a few more trips to TWS (Texas World Speedway), the first one's always a little rough...so many different lines transitioning from turn 1 to 2 and minimal reference points...I can't wait to do it again. Dude I wish everyone else could have seen how big your freakin finger was when you gave me the solo peace sign, it almost blinded me from my reference point.
Ha ha ha ha. Great fun. I might get the data acquisition video put together for that run so we both can take a look. It takes a long time, however, and I know I wasn't running that fast late in the day. I'd bet my lap times were no better than 2:05's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #32
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA awesome video! that looks like hella fun indeed!
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #33
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!
 
hotsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Downtown - Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 109

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)









Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Ha ha ha ha. Great fun. I might get the data acquisition video put together for that run so we both can take a look. It takes a long time, however, and I know I wasn't running that fast late in the day. I'd bet my lap times were no better than 2:05's.

Yeah that would be pretty cool to see. I have no idea how my lap times would have turned out, every lap I was trying different lines. It was weird as we discussed the pace with me instructing novice and then transitioning to that of a much faster pace, especially on a track I'm not familiar with. The track felt pretty green to me, what did you think?
__________________
hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #34
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce View Post
Yeah that would be pretty cool to see. I have no idea how my lap times would have turned out, every lap I was trying different lines. It was weird as we discussed the pace with me instructing novice and then transitioning to that of a much faster pace, especially on a track I'm not familiar with. The track felt pretty green to me, what did you think?
After all those laps, you should see my rear tire. One day and no tread on the left side of the rear. At the speeds we were running, I had no traction issues. Earlier in the day when I was running faster, it seemed less grippy than I had remembered. But it had been a long time and I was running quite a bit slower than I used to, so I'm attributing that to lack of seat time rather than a surface issue. Larry rode my bike and came back with a couple observations, perhaps the most interesting is that he wouldn't ride it again given the challenges he was having getting the rear to stick. He gave me a couple of things to think about and I might give it a shot before getting to MSRH.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #35
GPracer33
Senior Member
 
GPracer33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 167

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR 600RR
2004 Honda CBR 600 RR



Member Garage


I think you saw that pass at little earlier in the day though. nice to see you put it to good use....lol
__________________
Live on the edge. See the world.
http://www.motohouston.com/
http://www.myspace.com/crazydogracing
GPracer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #36
hotsauce
It's like butter baby!
 
hotsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Downtown - Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 109

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 1000 (track)









Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
After all those laps, you should see my rear tire. One day and no tread on the left side of the rear. At the speeds we were running, I had no traction issues. Earlier in the day when I was running faster, it seemed less grippy than I had remembered. But it had been a long time and I was running quite a bit slower than I used to, so I'm attributing that to lack of seat time rather than a surface issue. Larry rode my bike and came back with a couple observations, perhaps the most interesting is that he wouldn't ride it again given the challenges he was having getting the rear to stick. He gave me a couple of things to think about and I might give it a shot before getting to MSRH.
Oh really! I'd love to hear what freaked him out and what he advised, maybe pm me later. I've been thinking of having him ride mine as well and give a little feedback. It would be fun to meet up with you and go over the data acquisition from TWS (Texas World Speedway) and get some input from you.
__________________
hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #37
Brian f.
Senior Member
 
Brian f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC weekends, Fort Worth weekdays
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 494

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart






Great video both of you. Thats the kinda sessions that make the trackdays above and beyond, and rarely caught on video, kudos Curt.

I bet Curts being VERY modest about the 2:05's?
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #38
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce View Post
Oh really! I'd love to hear what freaked him out and what he advised, maybe pm me later. I've been thinking of having him ride mine as well and give a little feedback. It would be fun to meet up with you and go over the data acquisition from TWS (Texas World Speedway) and get some input from you.
I put a new chain on the bike a while back. During that process, I specifically worked to shorten the wheelbase as much as possible, i.e. I made the chain as short as I could. From a theory perspective, a shorter wheelbase should turn better, right? Well, in reality I'm told that the GSXR-1000 racers do the exact opposite. They want the wheel as far back as possible. Larry noted that the rear end was snapping loose in an unpredictable manner. It looked a little narly in the videos. He suspects that it's a combination of the rear wheel being so far forward and my rear ride height being too high resulting in too much weight on the front wheel.

Now when he's on the bike, it behaves differently since I'm at least 130 lbs heavier. That said, it's still something to consider.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #39
jgixer
Senior Member
 
jgixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 862

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1





99 zx9






a couple of us got to the stands to actually watch that session, we were wondering if pete gave u the universal "i love you man sign," footage was awesome, but them boys were cranking it up!
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #40
1fastchevy
Bout Time
 
1fastchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,059

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
750









Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post

I bet Curts being VERY modest about the 2:05's?


You think?
1fastchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy