MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

ATV/Motorcycle Ramp $59.99.....worth it???

I came across this ramp at harbor freight and wondered what your thoughts were on it.

From the website..... http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46862

"No more struggle to position individual ramps. This ramp is wide enough to handle your ATV or lawn tactor with ease. Sturdy enough for the heaviest motorcycle. Folds in half for easy storage.

1250 lb. load capacity
Safety chains keep ramp secure while loading
Rugged 14 gauge steel construction
Weather and scratch-resistant powder coat finish "

At the end of the day, would you trust this to load and unload your bike from a truck bed??? I got a 20% coupon from harbor freight, so it would only cost me $47.99+tax
flip326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
picked up a tail at 59/610n ramp to I-10hov zerobounds General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 12-22-2009 03:37 PM
Mishap at 99 & 59 atizzle General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-06-2007 12:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

i have a set and dont like them but it may just be my truck but they r not long enough and my bike bottoms out unless u use the bottom of the driveway or something
Old 07-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring r1 View Post
i have a set and dont like them but it may just be my truck but they r not long enough and my bike bottoms out unless u use the bottom of the driveway or something
this will be going into a 08 f150...not lifted or anything. what we'll probably do is load it with the truck backed up on the street, and the bike up on the curb so we have a few inch lift to help

other than the length...you don't have a problem with the strength of the ramps?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

I have a similiar set, and they are pain in the (at times). Trying to walk the bike up while trying to step on each rung can be fun while by yourself. If you've always got someone to help you load up then I say get them.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
RRCBR

Feedback Rating: (1)

get the ramps above (Jet) they look much better
RRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

i used to load my 929 with those ramps but I got rid of them because I only load dirtbikes now, and prefer my 6" wide ramp. when tired, i didn't like trying to step around those rungs.

if you can use the terrain to your advantage, they work well. I would place my wheels at the end of my driveway and get a running start with the bike on. I would normally get the front wheel on the tailgate and then I would clutch the rest of the bike up there. the safety chains always did their job.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
I have a ramp just sitting at the house, I will let you have for 60. It is similar but a lot better than that one Flip. I actually got it from YankeeR6 and just dont use it. I kind of wanted to keep it for sentimental value but if someone can make use of it then so be it. No reason for it to just sit, I think it was 200+ new. I actually loaded my bike in a 07 F150 with 6" lift no problems. Great ramp nice and light weight, and works perfect. But I dont have a bike and at this time have no plan to get a bike.

J
pm sent. i'll prob take them off your hands next week. i have weds-friday off.

Advertisement