MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 AM   #21
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post

Hail the GOAT and Yamaha FTMFW
they're not bad!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Germany MGP Images *possible spoilers* tiatool Taking it to the Track 5 07-18-2009 02:21 PM
Mugello MGP *Spoilers* tiatool Taking it to the Track 91 06-02-2009 04:06 PM
MGP France *Possible Spoilers* tiatool Taking it to the Track 27 05-18-2009 11:35 AM
mgp bike fastgreen Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 01-01-2008 08:48 PM
MotoGP Oberlungwitz, Germany Race Discussion (Spoilers) SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 7 08-01-2005 10:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #22
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post

Hail the GOAT, Lorenzo and Yamaha FTMFW
I know, right
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #23
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
Napping on the job.......

Hands down my favorite track......for various reasons. Praticularly for the usual close racing.

Lets hope the weather is better than last year.

Did anyone else get a little tickle in their pickle when they did the close up, slow motion shot of the lead 4 transitioning from right to left, lifting the front end up.

Good race.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:

Did anyone else get a little tickle in their pickle when they did the close up, slow motion shot of the lead 4 transitioning from right to left, lifting the front end up.

Good race.
Yes, indeed.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #25
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2009...he+Sachsenring

For those with access, this vid compilation is the shiznit IMHO.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #26
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:

Good race.
came in my pants a little.... wife had to get a tissue for me That was f...ing bad ! T
Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #27
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

I am gonna go out on a limb and say that was the best race at the front this season. I missed a couple due to traveling and I haven't caught up on the DVR but that was good....

Also, was proud to see Hayden in the top 10, start really screwed him over... Can't say I blame him for not pushing it on that first turn he needed a good finish!

What's up with Stoner's stomach?

Kind of off topic but just curious.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
What's up with Stoner's stomach?
"Gastritis" which is an easy non-descript diagnosis- this was according to the MotoGP web site. Inflamation is a great way to cover all kinds of symptoms.

I wish he was 100% (or at least able to give some real competition), that's what I waited for all last year was to see some real tire-to-tire action between Stoner and Rossi and was hoping it would happen this year after he lost the championship.

Even the Lorenzo battles have not been as great as the media makes them out to be- only one race was "epic" IMHO with those two Mooks.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #29
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
"Gastritis" which is an easy non-descript diagnosis- this was according to the MotoGP web site. Inflamation is a great way to cover all kinds of symptoms.

I wish he was 100% (or at least able to give some real competition), that's what I waited for all last year was to see some real tire-to-tire action between Stoner and Rossi and was hoping it would happen this year after he lost the championship.

Even the Lorenzo battles have not been as great as the media makes them out to be- only one race was "epic" IMHO with those two Mooks.
Maybe not that "epic" for someone sitting at home watching it on t.v. . But when the guy behind you is making you run qual (exxaggerating!) times all the way to the last corner......that sounds like a pretty hard fought race.

Just my .02........not that it matters......because I'm not a racer.

As far as Stoner is concerned.........I hope it isn't him it up. The guy is probably under a whole lot of stress, and that can cause all kinds of problems. But I seriously hope it isn't his causing all this.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #30
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

[QUOTE=RoadracerNC;2118364]Maybe not that "epic" for someone sitting at home watching it on t.v. . But when the guy behind you is making you run qual (exxaggerating!) times all the way to the last corner......that sounds like a pretty hard fought race.

[QUOTE]

No doubt, I guess I just want to see a 20+ lap race that is toe to toe from lap 1 to lap 20. Unreasonable I know, but man, THAT would be epic!

I know they're trying as hard as they can and their talent is unreachable by mere mortals, but WSBK has been offering more of the full-race battles than MotoGP has. MotoGP has had some fantastic battles this year (and last), but I yearn for the Edwards v. Bayliss and Schwantz v. Rainey battles with Stoner/ Pedrosa/ Lorenzo/ Rossi/ et al full race wars.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #31
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post

No doubt, I guess I just want to see a 20+ lap race that is toe to toe from lap 1 to lap 20. Unreasonable I know, but man, THAT would be epic!

I know they're trying as hard as they can and their talent is unreachable by mere mortals, but WSBK has been offering more of the full-race battles than MotoGP has. MotoGP has had some fantastic battles this year (and last), but I yearn for the Edwards v. Bayliss and Schwantz v. Rainey battles with Stoner/ Pedrosa/ Lorenzo/ Rossi/ et al full race wars.
I know exactly what you mean. I could definitely go for some of the same.

WSBK has definitely given us some heart stoppers this year. I don't think we've come up with a general concensus of why WSBK has been so close this season as opposed to MotoGP.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #32
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I could definitely go for some of the same.

WSBK has definitely given us some heart stoppers this year. I don't think we've come up with a general concensus of why WSBK has been so close this season as opposed to MotoGP.
Well, the spec tire closed a lot of the gap in MotoGP, which was where WSBK started to close up too. The other way was with the engine specs and caps in WSBK...

Like the bandwagon on the other thread, I'd rather see electronics go away in MotoGP, but you know that won't happen. They can't even control that in the relatively small racing orgs.

Advertisement