MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #41
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
[QUOTE=Captain Winters]Well, sorry i'm from germany and here everybody older than 16 is allowed to drink bear, wine and so on whereever he wants to. With 18 you're allowed to drink all these other things with more alcohol in it.... and it's also is allowed to be drunk or get drunk in public places.
the laws you have are a bit strange....
Are you allowed to drink alcohol at home?[/QUOTE
There seems to be a misunderstanding, Captain., the legal drinking age is 21 here and is enforced at drinking establishments and anywhere there alcohol is sold. Does that stop underage drinking? No. But it does slow down the irresponsible drinking that usually goes with underage drinking. I for one dont like to see police tactics like that but if you ask my brother, Steve, how he feels he will probably pull up his pant legs and show you where a drunk driver nearly severed his leg, had killed him twice cause he died and was recusitated twice and changed his life forever. Then he will tell you if he could, he would be a cop and beat the sh*t out of every drunk he see in public cause to him a drunken, alcohol impaired, person in the public is a more than a nuisance. that person is a real danger to himself and to others. The person who did that to my brother also killed his 13 year old brother-in-law and spent time in prison for his decision to walk out of a bar, get in his truck, and drive on a public road. But hey, we all make choices evryday that could affect someone else. Germany, I have only seen from the air. Dont people over there have laws about drunkenness? I guess that would seem odd to me from this Point of View.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BAR OFFERED ME 30MIN OPEN BAR TO HOST MEET THERE NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 50 12-15-2010 05:23 PM
Man charged with drunk driving on bar stool urbanXJ Off Topic 3 03-31-2009 01:37 PM
Man Arrested for Driving Lawn Mower Drunk BoostJunkie Off Topic 6 05-11-2006 03:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #42
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Winters
Well here its of course not allowed to drive when you have drunk more than about one bear, but i think i dont know a country where this is allowed.
i suppose you are right, but getting drunk on parties, when you are older than 21, at home or such things is allowed, or?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #43
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

all the time.. When I was on vacation in JANUARY, I drank so much almost everyday that I couldnt wait to get back overseas. All in the privacy of my back yard with an big BBQ pit and lots of friends..It was definately excessive!!ha.ha.ha. But no one was driving that had been drinking.. Captain Winters is it still cold in Germany? Where do you ride your motorcycle--woods or street?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #44
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImG
i think i heard this on the 104 morning show today. this guy named salamon called from out of town i think and told the show the story. from what he said there was 12 people that got taken in and he was one of them. the cops "supposedly" did not administered any body alcohol content test and just judged on how many they drank under observation. they deemed them to drink over and excess of their body weight and just took them in. the owner of the bar was outraged and his employees (the bartenders) almost got in trouble with the cops too. so the owner paid all the fines and told the "drunks" not to worry about the fine. they ended up filing a lawsuit that is ongoing i think, even though the fines were dropped.

overall i would be , because even though i don't drink alot i am sure when i do i drink about 5-6 beers during a bar visit (not driving of course) and even that amount i am still coherent enough to mind my mannersand would be able to proceed to the car ride home. but i am pretty sure thatif the undercovers saw me then they would assume i am too intoxicated and ill be in trouble. just my POV.
how can you stand listening to that 104 , they laugh at anything and its constant, freaking annoying isnt a strong enough word

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #45
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass Billy
I can't wait until the day I get arrested for being served too many drinks!!! The establishment who serves someone too many drinks is held responsible and they would be sued for quite a bit of money. The definition of Public Intoxication is this 1) he is a "public nuisance;" that is, he is acting in such an obnoxious manner as to cause a public disturbance 2) he is a danger to others, such as trying to "pick a fight" with someone or 3) he is so intoxicated that he is a danger to himself, i.e. he is vomitting due to alcohol poisoning. So in essence a stupid cop who arrests me just for being drunk is going to have to pay when things catch up to him.
yeah, ok badass

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #46
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

[QUOTE=ScooterTrash]how can you stand listening to that 104 , they laugh at anything and its constant, freaking annoying isnt a strong enough word[/QUOTE
hahahahahahahahaah-hiiiiiii-hahahahahahahahah!!
that show is ..my wife would put it on after a night of heavy drinking just to f**k with me..heheheh.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #47
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winters
Well here its of course not allowed to drive when you have drunk more than about one bear, but i think i dont know a country where this is allowed.
i suppose you are right, but getting drunk on parties, when you are older than 21, at home or such things is allowed, or?
come to houston and I'm sure you will have plenty -your over 21 , yes?heheh:laughing6
Old 03-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #48
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
all the time.. When I was on vacation in JANUARY, I drank so much almost everyday that I couldnt wait to get back overseas. All in the privacy of my back yard with an big BBQ pit and lots of friends..It was definately excessive!!ha.ha.ha. But no one was driving that had been drinking.. Captain Winters is it still cold in Germany? Where do you ride your motorcycle--woods or street?
Now its becoming warmer and nicer. 2 Weeks back we had 30 cm snow, now about 12 C but rain...

Today i was riding on some fields but not inside the woods, it had rained for 3 days and with my tires i wouldn't make it far.
So i mostly i use streets, but with 125 ccm and a top speed of 80 km/h (i think that about 50 miles per hour) that suckz .
I'm 17 years old an here we cann gain a license to ride bikes with 125 ccm and 15 ps with a top-speed of 80 km/h but my bike is slowed down to these 80 km/h by a reduction of the power... not really good but enough to be mobile until i'm 18 and can make a license for cars and big bikes (but only with 34 PS).

How old do you have to be to make a license for big bikes? Are you than allowed to have the full power of them?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #49
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

just wanna say welcome to MotoHouston Capt.
I dunno on the age limit and size of bike, cause I'm an old fart and dont have to worry with it.
My oldest son just returned from a tour of duty with the Air Force in Spangahlem

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #50
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

Wink

Spangdahlem, oh yeah. Their jets often fly over our heads here. Thats about 30 km from me...
Tell him to fly a bit slower next time
Old 03-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #51
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

captain Winter

If I am not mistaken , at 16 yrs old with a MSF course you can be liscenced and ride whatever you want..ANY body want to correct me on this? Its not really advised to jump up on a litre bike without some experience..Anybody want to correct me on that one also?? Captain do you ride with friends or alone?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #52
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

wheres the MSF guys when you need them??
Old 03-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #53
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

Well to school i normally ride alone, sometimes when my brothers bike doesnt work i take him with me. When just driving around for fun i try to ride in a group, thats a lot more fun. I want to have american laws concerning the drivers license... Here for example the licens to drive only cars up to 3.5 tons costs about 1200 , thats i think about 1000 $

What does MSF mean?

Last edited by Captain Winters; 03-25-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Captain Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #54
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
wheres the MSF guys when you need them??
I knew it...ok
MSF is the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. They are a cool bunch of mtorcycle safety instructors who teach riders from beginniners to experienced. It is highly recommended for learning traffic awareness/situational safety on a motorcycle. They also teach basic motorcycle control and technique ( we are never too experienced to learn something new). Its a great way to become liscensed and it also helps to lower your insurance premiums.

do i sound like a certain someone on this board?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #55
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

Dont you learn that in that school where you do your lessons to get the license?
here we have to go there some hours, fpr a car license its 14 hours theoretically and minimum 12 practical lessons.
thats why these licenses cost so much here.
How much does a licens cost in the USA?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:00 PM   #56
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Here, you dont have to go to school for a drivers liscense for a car or a motorcyle- unless your underage (18 ?). There are many driving schools as well as motorcycle training courses for that but its not a requirement. And you must show proof of insurance on your vehicle (law) when applying for a liscense. I paid $25 for my liscense many years ago..Dont know what it is now.. Heyyyy!!! I posted over my goal of 600 !!! Thanks Captain Winter. Its been nice posting with you. Its 11:00 pm here in Iraq!!Time for a little shut eye...

Tomorrow-same bat time, same bat channel....na-na-na-na---na-na-na-na JROCK!! Racer X!! feel free to step in, Sir.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #57
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

You pay 25 $ and i 1000 only for the license for cars...that shows very good how very much laws here are just unneccesary.....
You are in Iraq? then please be very very careful..
Old 03-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #58
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Well, I went unscathed last night. Luckily I had my driver and body guard available. :laughing6

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #59
Txlonestar
Private Pilot

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1991 Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (sold)
2003 ZZR600 (wrecked)
99 Ninja 500R (sold)

Send a message via MSN to Txlonestar
I wouldnt say its such a bad thing Winters, By the way whats your real name? Anthony here, Its more a cultural and geographic diffrence than anything. The drinking is a VERY good point of it. There drinking beer is seen in a diffrent light than here, I cant tell you how many of us did it because we thought it would make us look cool or older than what we were. And as far as the driving is concerned over there I know people congestion is starting to become a bit of problem, also europe is toting more on public transport. So by making it a bit more expensive to get ones liscense they in effect keep a few more people off the streets. Those who go through the trouble of getting one usually are also the better drivers. I will GLADLY say it here,, WE SUCK AT DRIVING HERE!! Every foreigner that has come through the airport where I work and gotten their first taste of 'American' style driving swears off ever using a rental car if he can help it! They think we are mad! And I think they are right! Cell phones, food, entertainment centers... driving isnt seen as an important action anymore... its seriosly taken for granted. And Im just as guilty as anyone else about it. I honestly wish we HAD tiered licsencing and more expensive testing here. Maybe it would make us appreciate that little peice of plastic more than we do.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:52 AM   #60
Captain Winters
german user

Bike(s):
XR 125 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txlonestar
I wouldnt say its such a bad thing Winters, By the way whats your real name? Anthony here, Its more a cultural and geographic diffrence than anything. The drinking is a VERY good point of it. There drinking beer is seen in a diffrent light than here, I cant tell you how many of us did it because we thought it would make us look cool or older than what we were. And as far as the driving is concerned over there I know people congestion is starting to become a bit of problem, also europe is toting more on public transport. So by making it a bit more expensive to get ones liscense they in effect keep a few more people off the streets. Those who go through the trouble of getting one usually are also the better drivers. I will GLADLY say it here,, WE SUCK AT DRIVING HERE!! Every foreigner that has come through the airport where I work and gotten their first taste of 'American' style driving swears off ever using a rental car if he can help it! They think we are mad! And I think they are right! Cell phones, food, entertainment centers... driving isnt seen as an important action anymore... its seriosly taken for granted. And Im just as guilty as anyone else about it. I honestly wish we HAD tiered licsencing and more expensive testing here. Maybe it would make us appreciate that little peice of plastic more than we do.

My name is Marc.
You say that caused by the expensive license here more people are kept off from the streets, thats right, but unfortunately everybody who is rich but silly
can get his license if he is no total idiot although he will need more time for it.
I also think it is a good idea here with the testing and learning, but when it would cost only the half that would also be ok. Drinking beer, some think they look cooler, but when you are 16 and allowed to drink it, most people drink it because it tastes quite good or just to experience the effect of alcohol.
The younger boys do it to look cooler or just be cool by doing forbidden things... but doing things which are forbidden, just because they are forbidden is normal among younger boys when they do not yet understand why and so on.
Here congestion is a problem in the bigger cities during rush hour or how you call it and in the cities very much people use public buses. But where i live, in a town with about 17k inhabitants thats of course no problem. And with a bike this will never be a problem Almost everybody older than 20 has his own car here.
In Germany live about 80 Million people and about 50 Million cars (including Trucks i think) roll over the streets here Thats very much indeed because Germany is not big at all.
I can not imagine why american driving style is so bad.... dont you care for speedlimits or why is that style so bad ?

Advertisement