MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #61
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
the yamaha has a dead spot at 11000 rpm.
who cares, on the track ur rpms dont get that low
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eximports gone? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 111 11-30-2010 04:51 PM
Eximports K. Oliveira General Discussion (Moto Related) 81 01-20-2009 12:15 PM
Question about Eximports Andy General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 08-27-2007 11:18 AM
Eximports SUCK!! Candie General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 07-29-2006 06:44 PM
Anyone delt with Eximports? mswistak14 General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 07-13-2005 11:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #62
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

as op stated this bike will be for road riding and next year some track days. so for the street they said it was annoying for a few reasons. leaving a red light takes good clutch work with high revs. like you're drag racing. and the dead spot at 11,000 rpm makes you sound like racer boy to near by ears. even if you're just cruising, to avoid that dead spot you have to keep it in the higher rpm letting all the cops down 3090 and 149 the heads up that you're on your way.lol. i know you like your yammi
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #63
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
as op stated this bike will be for road riding and next year some track days. so for the street they said it was annoying for a few reasons. leaving a red light takes good clutch work with high revs. like you're drag racing. and the dead spot at 11,000 rpm makes you sound like racer boy to near by ears. even if you're just cruising, to avoid that dead spot you have to keep it in the higher rpm letting all the cops down 3090 and 149 the heads up that you're on your way.lol. i know you like your yammi
i have never had to do any clutchwork leaving a redlight

the cops have a heads up as soon as the first resident on 149 calls you in, doesnt matter how high ur rpms are

if ur gonna b riding street mostly, get a honda...track mostly, get a yami
Old 07-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #64
B-Man
B-Man

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
Can-Am Spyder...

Quote:
british usa in south houston. see jim
X2
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #65
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

and since he already has a hardon for a speed triple "triumph" and wants to ride street and track he should consider the daytona.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #66
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

My Vote is for Triumph Daytona if she wants the "" look....

I got my ST3 out in Katy and had no issues with them. They were great with myself and my family. When I buy new again I will def see them first...
Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #67
thewrx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrowdy1 View Post
This is over kill as tiatool already told you but I thought I would offer my 2 girly cents into the equation.....

George and I went trotting around bike shops last week, Lunsford's Honda had several Ducati's and we were greeted at the door and I found everyone there from parts, to sales to motorclothes to be really very helpful.

Brandon Goodwin was our "salesman" and I found him to be very well educated on near everything in that store.

Bob Lunsford's NW Honda
Brandon Goodwin
Sales

newsales@lunsfordshonda.com
10102 N. Frwy (I-45 @ West Rd.)
Houston, Tx 77037
281-447-3476
281-447-9532 fax
Brandon is definately the man to see at Lundsfords. My dad bought a few bikes from him. I go talk to once every six months to over the monsters and now the streetfighter S. Makes me remember why I work all the time.

Hows insurance going to be for a sport bike for you? You would be suprised how much cheaper insurance is on naked bikes. I have full coverage on my ducati s4r for pretty much the same price I had liability on my RC51.

Advertisement