Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

MOTOGP: Lorenzo's Laguna Seca injuries confirmed

Quote:
Jorge Lorenzo's shoulder and ankle injuries sustained during a huge end-of-qualifying highside at Laguna Seca have been confirmed after medical tests in Barcelona.

The Fiat Yamaha star was launched from his M1 while trying to protect pole position for the US Grand Prix, landing heavily on his right shoulder before tumbling through the gravel.

The initial diagnosis by the Clinica Mobile has proven accurate, with Lorenzo having sustained a 'Acromial Clavicular Separation' to his right collarbone, plus a fractured bone in his right foot.

Amazingly, Lorenzo overcame the pain and weakness resulting from his injuries and fought his way forward from eighth on lap one of the race to challenge team-mate and world champion Valentino Rossi for second position in the closing stages.

But the 22-year-old's overtaking attempt went wrong and Rossi was able to slip away, although Lorenzo - a double 2009 race winner - was only 1.582sec behind the Italian, and 1.926sec from race winner Dani Pedrosa, at the chequered flag.

Lorenzo's brave ride means his is just nine points behind Rossi after eight of 17 rounds, the next of which takes place in Germany on July 19.

The British Grand Prix is just one week later, but is followed by the MotoGP summer break, when - barring any further injuries - Lorenzo will have a chance to get fully fit again before Brno on August 16.
You really have to hand it to him
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP Laguna Seca Viewing! sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 17 07-22-2013 02:52 AM
MotoGP Race - Laguna Seca SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 130 07-23-2008 07:29 PM
laguna seca motogp Somebody1010 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 07-16-2007 12:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Yes you do. 2 broken ankles last season and now this? I'm sorry but he might just be the next rossi... If he can keep it together.
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
You really have to hand it to him
Wait, whaaaaat?
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
Wait, whaaaaat?
I had to wear a gum guard as I said it to stop my teeth grinding away
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
He needs to work on being more bendy or bouncy.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Yes you do. 2 broken ankles last season and now this? I'm sorry but he might just be the next rossi...(WTFOMGBBQ?) If he can keep it together.

guess we'll find out in the next five or six years...
fixed...
Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Wtf was I doing up so late.
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Wtf was I doing up so late.
beer thirty training?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Yes you do. 2 broken ankles last season and now this? I'm sorry but he might just be the next rossi... If he can keep it together.
Not going to happen. He's a whole different rider in his own.

He does not have the patience, attitude, humor, livelihood that Rossi has when it comes to racing in general.

I'll give you 2 examples:

Example 1:
When Rossi gets pole - he comes in and quietly sits and watches every one, if he fear's he's going to lose it, then he goes out.

When Lorenzo got his pole, he was the only one to run a 1:21.xx - he came in, saw it, went out again to push it even harder (without noticing that Rossi and Casey were still doing 1.22.xx). He crashed his "A" bike... came in pits, at which time he lost his pole, got on his "B" bike... on lap 3 got it again, only to crash again... 2 crashes within 20 minutes of each other. Both bikes taking a serious beating..

Call it immaturity or just being plain young (22 I think). Rossi was more mature at 17-19 in the lower classes

Example 2:
This occured when Lorenzo made that bone head mistake on Rossi and passed him - all out of shape, only to run wide and opening the gate for Rossi to take it back. In my opinion he never had that 2nd place, he made a stupid diving pass, did'nt make it stick and could have easily taken out both the factory Yamaha's (himself included) - from a sponsor's point of view this is unacceptable, unless your Repsol.

Rossi never made such a move on his fellow team ever! He's finished behind the likes of Tamada and Edwards, just because he was NOT willing to make a mistake like that.... he did however go ahead and use those techniques on the likes of Biaggi and Gibernau...

Same race... did you notice how Rossi too had a chance to do it with Pedrosa? However he did'nt do it... he just stayed behind Pedrosa and finished 2nd. If that would have been Lorenzo he would have tried to do it... just like how he did with Rossi.

Conclusion? Lorenzo is not Rossi. Will never be Rossi. He may be another Pedrosa type...

IMHO - if there is anyone whose going to "some what" like Rossi - its going to be Dovi...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Eh.....He looks like a weasel to me.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
jluna9657

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 (trackbike)

I saw the highside in person... i got lucky and he crashed right in front of me.

IMO Ben Spies has the most potential. We may get lucky and see him on the tech 3 yamaha team as early as next year. 2 texans on a motogp team... if not its going to be another 2 years before we see Spies in motogp.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Not going to happen. He's a whole different rider in his own.

He does not have the patience, attitude, humor, livelihood that Rossi has when it comes to racing in general.

I'll give you 2 examples:

Example 1:
When Rossi gets pole - he comes in and quietly sits and watches every one, if he fear's he's going to lose it, then he goes out.

When Lorenzo got his pole, he was the only one to run a 1:21.xx - he came in, saw it, went out again to push it even harder (without noticing that Rossi and Casey were still doing 1.22.xx). He crashed his "A" bike... came in pits, at which time he lost his pole, got on his "B" bike... on lap 3 got it again, only to crash again... 2 crashes within 20 minutes of each other. Both bikes taking a serious beating..

Call it immaturity or just being plain young (22 I think). Rossi was more mature at 17-19 in the lower classes

Example 2:
This occured when Lorenzo made that bone head mistake on Rossi and passed him - all out of shape, only to run wide and opening the gate for Rossi to take it back. In my opinion he never had that 2nd place, he made a stupid diving pass, did'nt make it stick and could have easily taken out both the factory Yamaha's (himself included) - from a sponsor's point of view this is unacceptable, unless your Repsol.

Rossi never made such a move on his fellow team ever! He's finished behind the likes of Tamada and Edwards, just because he was NOT willing to make a mistake like that.... he did however go ahead and use those techniques on the likes of Biaggi and Gibernau...

Same race... did you notice how Rossi too had a chance to do it with Pedrosa? However he did'nt do it... he just stayed behind Pedrosa and finished 2nd. If that would have been Lorenzo he would have tried to do it... just like how he did with Rossi.

Conclusion? Lorenzo is not Rossi. Will never be Rossi. He may be another Pedrosa type...

IMHO - if there is anyone whose going to "some what" like Rossi - its going to be Dovi...
Getting a little touchy that someone is talking about Rossi, Thats right cause you are the doctor your self and would never make silly bone head passes either.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
Getting a little touchy that someone is talking about Rossi, Thats right cause you are the doctor your self and would never make silly bone head passes either.

I think SPEED should hire him to commentate alongside Ralph I'm-a-tard Sheheen.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
rc51eviltwin

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post

I think SPEED should hire him to commentate alongside Ralph I'm-a-tard Sheheen.
man i hope they get rid of that guy........
its like having a golf commentator for a soccer game
CMRA #131 Novice
"Ramrod Racing" #13

IMG 29388 1
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #15
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
he made a stupid diving pass, did'nt make it stick and could have easily taken out both the factory Yamaha's (himself included) - from a sponsor's point of view this is unacceptable, unless your Repsol.

Advertisement