MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

I like the focus I have to have when riding - I just can't be thinking of anything else but where every car is around me and what challenges there might be coming up. It's calming to me... but then, I also try to ride in the opposite direction of town too.
-
I can't imagine not loving track (some day.. some day...) but I think I could ride all day, every day sometimes.... traffic, various road surfaces, sights, restaurants, places - what a blast!

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street Riding etiquette nilnwahs General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 06-07-2013 11:12 AM
Street riding...? chase General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 04-17-2009 01:12 PM
Street riding story BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-07-2007 12:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #22
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas View Post
You'll be back... they always come back...
Hide and watch! I will never go back to street riding.When I get to old to ride track I will park the Honda(notice I didn't say sell, don't think I will ever be able to do that) and buy a boat.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
pfft i pick 1up mushrooms early in the mornings, then equip a flamethrower powerup to even up the odds

ask vito how many lives he's got
Funny chit. Vito's some sort of siamese cat or somethin. I recall at least one "Vito's in the hospital thread on here", and maybe another one on HSN. Poor chap.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #24
Phydeaux
Flat Black > Rash

Bike(s):
'01 F4i

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Phydeaux
Vito's got nothin' on Tyler.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #25
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I think I will always have a street bike. Even though I am heavy with the track and some racing now...I never want to lose touch with the masses...the reality. I want to relate. And I feel obligated to reach out to the street riders.

But...and a BIG but...I have probably not put 500 miles on my street bike in the last 4 months. I thought about riding tonight...but I dont wanna put the gear on. Too hot.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #26
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Meh. Better roads exist then what we have local.
Houston is not gonna ruin street riding for me.
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #27
TexasYZF600R
Ya.Ma.Ha.

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2oo5 Yamaha R6
2oo4 Yamaha YZF600R (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
+1

Street riding is the best fun...!!! It keeps you sharp. I commute everyday and the adrenalin boost is better than coffee.

I use to get very angry with the stupid cagers but now is part of the fun..!!!

If you are afraid of loosing your "only life" in this "game", you better stay away from riding motorcycles at all.....!!
+1
yeah the reward is greater than the risk IMO...no respawns

I'll know i died having fun
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #28
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
Been thinkin about it alot while I was going through all my street gear. As some of you have said, I dont think ill be able to just plan NOT ride the street. I DO however think I will start wearing alot more gear if and when i do ride the street. proper pants, knee pads, boots and a loud horn.....Funny thing is, one of the most dangerous times (in the rain) is my favorite time to ride. something about riding in the pourin rain, while perfectly dry n warm in the gear. Guess thats not to smart...

I do love the adrenaline rush of passin someone or swoopin in or out out squeekin by....but thats alot of risk. Id rather do that at the track and just "chill" on the street.

I guess we shall see what time brings.

Oh and I LOVE the idea of some dirt action.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #29
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas View Post
You'll be back... they always come back...
I added the smiley for dramatic effect. +1 on what you said, well those that can't afford it at least. Once you start to get fast on a semi-fast bike, it adds up.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
cyrick21
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1999 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Track)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to cyrick21
I just recently gotten rid of my street bike.

I miss it quite a bit, but the feeling isn't too bad. I will eventually buy another street bike, as I miss getting out with a bunch of people and having some fun on the back roads. But then again, I am not in a huge hurry to do so. I am perfectly happy with just doing track. Its just when there is more than a 3 week span of no track days, I start getting that itch.

So come when this season is over, we will see how long I last without buying another street bike. I will still refuse to ride to work and back, or for any daily activities. I mainly want one to hit up some backroads, and to ride to some of the M&G....

http://cyrick21.mybrute.com/
cyrick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
spartandude
Custom User Title

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzzen1 View Post
I do love the adrenaline rush of passin someone or swoopin in or out out squeekin by....

Well there is the problem. That chit should be taken to the track. Like you said in your post; chill. Get yourself a cruiser and relax. I find humans, cops, and idiots are a lot easier to deal with if I am driving the speed limit. Plus it gives you more time to react. Just don't drive in the fast lane.
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #32
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow View Post
i hate stupid drivers and the stuff they do but i dont think i could ever give it up
Same here, each time I ride, I consider the danger ,but love to ride too much to give it up in any form or fashion.
Ride to Live, Live to Ride.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #33
switch
two fifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
I dream of the day where I don't gotta ride the street at all b/c I got enough funds to get my fix at the track on a weekly/semi-weekly basis....
don't you make mad cash with your suicide girls 'modeling' gig?
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #34
vito_8989
Stranger Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
Vito's got nothin' on Tyler.
Tis true. Tyler wrecks more than I do. Only problem with mine are that my bikes didn't survive. And why is my name always pulled inot threads either by armando or aj. At least this time it wasn't a gay thread.
vito_8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #35
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post

Well there is the problem. That chit should be taken to the track. Like you said in your post; chill. Get yourself a cruiser and relax. I find humans, cops, and idiots are a lot easier to deal with if I am driving the speed limit. Plus it gives you more time to react. Just don't drive in the fast lane.
Hence the reason I AM taking it to the track..... and honestly, I think i would rather walk then ride a cruiser....sorry.... maybe a enduro or dual purpose bike but never a put put potatoe loaper

No matter how fast or slow your going, if some fumb fak runs a redlight and broadsides me, my legs gettin chopped off or im getting jacked up. Slow or not the danger is still there. Besides that, street = chicken strips SO MUCH MORE FUN to rid those chicken strips in the proper fashion

Yes Live to ride, ride to live.....but dont wanna cut my living short because of trying to have track type fun on the street.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #36
Yamawhore

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

Quote:
Getting tired of the daily struggle to stay alive on the bike with the crazy cell phone texting, knee drivin, mirror stairing, burger eatin, "Im the only one on the road" moronic drivers we have here and everywhere for that matter. The fact that it takes 2 hands to text has only made matters worse. With the exception of round the block stints to warm my chain, or trips to the inspection shop once i year, i think ill be stickin to the track from now on.

Who else has recently made the change?

Did you find that you are inspired to ride the track more, or that you just never ride? I go crazy after 3 weeks of no riding so this is either going to mean alot more track days, or some form of therapy.....

Bonus: taking off all the street makes the bike a tad bit lighter and looks a of alot better with the updated body work and no ears. pics will be up soon
That's what I said.
A month into it...I was in spasm like a heroin addict.
Took her out for a spin...I now limit myself to the backroads. No bueno in city/highway, too many idiot drivers.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #37
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #38
spartandude
Custom User Title

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Hence the reason I AM taking it to the track..... and honestly, I think i would rather walk then ride a cruiser....sorry.... maybe a enduro or dual purpose bike but never a put put potatoe loaper
No need to apologize. Not everyone likes every bike. Especially with the poor power to weight ratios, crappy gas mileage and pitiful handling of a put put.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision, just choose and enjoy the aspects of our sport that you partake in. I will continue to ride street on my aforementioned put put.
Peace.
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement