MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

ATTENSION All 99-02 R6 Owners! need help!

Ok because i cant find any pics at the yamaha webside of the actual wiring harness and how the headlight relays are set up could someone take pic of their R6 so i can see the connectors and what they look like? I purchased my R6 as a race bike and the owner had removed a bunch of wiring including the headlight switch and relays(headlight relays, turn signal flasher) im fixing to put my bike back together and i dont wanna have to ghetto rig it like i did b4. i had purchased a headlight wiring harness but when i got the relays they didnt have anywhere to plug into so i had to make jumper wires to join the relays to the harness. im thinking that this is just a mix up of year models and i got the wrong relays or harness for my year model bike maybe. one thing that would help me out is if i could see how the harness plugs into the headlight relays and if there is a bracket that holds them because i have had to zip tie them in place. any pics or comments would hep out a lot! thanks!

hope this makes sense...
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
99-02 R6 Problems BlueR6 How To's and Q & A's 3 09-07-2009 10:27 PM
99-02 R6 Problem BlueR6 How To's and Q & A's 3 09-07-2009 03:12 PM
99-02 R6 Problem BlueR6 How To's and Q & A's 2 09-06-2009 12:27 PM
which exhaust is best for 99-02 r6? yamaR6281 Performance and Modifications 9 01-23-2006 08:48 PM
R6 Owners looking for a new exhaust ??? Lobo Performance and Modifications 14 05-22-2005 09:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

download the manual for free
http://www.carlsalter.com/download.a...50046122105112
Old 07-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Jetkillr

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

well i have the factory manual on CD but everything that has to do with the headlights and wiring is all in diagrams and not actual pictures. thats why i was asking if anyone can take a picture or even better. if you live up on the NW side of houston and wouldnt mind stopping over by my house so i can look at ur bikes wiring setup then that would be awesome! ill pay for ur gas or give you 20 bucks buy you some beer. this is just bothering the outta me lol
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Old 07-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
Jetkillr

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
but hey thanks for the tip bro. imma DL a copy just to leave on my desktop. thx
Old 07-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

it's cool just trying to help...im sure someone with that year model will chime in soon

have you tried any r6 forums?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Jetkillr

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

not yet but i think imma hit them up tomorrow. i usually come here first for info.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Not so much how the harness runs but the power/ground and signals that worries me.

A harness will burn up in no time if its installed wrong. One pin off on a relay when you turn the key and you just let out the gremlins.

I would draw a schematic of the whole system and test before turning that key. As for running it, give yourself plenty of slack for the tree controls. Everything else should never be installed tight but allowed to move a little so vibrations dont make the wires brittle over time.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #8
Jetkillr

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

well i have run it all and set this up before and it worked fine. i just want to see if i have any parts missing like brackets or if i have an incorrect wiring harness for my year R6. i know my relays are correct because i got them from the dealer. im pretty good with wiring diagrams and such. i just want to see what im missing so i can get this thing back to 100% OEM. it just seems that on the yamaha parts website that they are missing some things. it doesnt make sense to me that the headlight relays just hang loosely up near the fairing stay. there should be a bracket to hold them or some kinda box right? but i cant find it anywhere in the parts diagrams. thats why i just wanna look at another R6
Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

oh ya www.ronayers.com they have micro fiche too maybe that helps also
Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Jetkillr

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

people in the R6 forum are no help :(

however i did notice a piece that attaches to the front stay in one of the cowling diagrams simply labeled "clamp" so i mkight order that and see where that put me. guess its zip ties til then :(

but i would still like to see another R6. i wanna see the connectors going into the headlight relays i think mine are mismatched

Last edited by Jetkillr; 07-06-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

dang no pictures of that bike? thats strange that no one has one or a wrecked picture of one
Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
Jetkillr

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

i think my next trackday imma go bother some R6 owners lol. its not like it was a an unpopular bike. i see them quite a bit.

Advertisement