Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #21
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









I'm staying out of this one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
lets discuss the AFC standings Chris24 Sports 4 11-22-2009 10:40 PM
Discuss BigComfy The Circus 44 10-22-2008 04:29 PM
Discuss.... Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-04-2007 11:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #22
wolverine
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25












there is no . did not create the world. did not create man.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #23
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
there is no . did not create the world. did not create man.
amen
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #24
TooBuku
Dumb Gook
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,433












Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
I am .
__________________
Team BLT.
TooBuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #25
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
I am .
Wheres all the things I've been asking for?
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #26
JJO
The One and Only
 
JJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,456


Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R









Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
I am .

Sheesh! Careful buddy.:confused1
__________________
firstdate
JJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #27
JJO
The One and Only
 
JJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,456


Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R









Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
there is no . did not create the world. did not create man.
Not to start an argument, but let me pose this question/comment to you:


If you lived your life by the Bible, and it turned out didn't exist, what would you have lost?


If you chose not to live by it, and later found out does exist, what would you have lost?


I was at one point in my life a non-believer until something terrible happened in my life. I had lost everything and everyone I cared about. The only possessions I had left were my guns and my Bible that I had as a child. With a gun loaded and a hope to end all things, I angrily threw my Bible against the wall. Where did it land? On the first page of Job. If you read Job, then you will know how I felt and how I started to know .

I make mistakes and try to live by His word, but I fall short of His Glory daily. Belief is a choice and for you, my friend, maybe you choose not to. Just remember, living for is not hard. You don't have to give up anything. You want to give up bad habits. I don't know your life, but perhaps the time is not right for you yet.

I am not comdemning you. It's your choice, just as it is my choice.
I just felt I had to post this, if not for you, for _____________________.
__________________
firstdate
JJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #28
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
^^^^^^^

Cliff notes:

What have you done today to give thanks to ?

I made a post about him =)
dude, you continue to amaze me.
seriously, I already told you how much I respect you for the unselfish things you have done. seriously, I pay homage to you, getting the word out is something I should try harder to do and I fail miserably.
:notworthy :notworthy to you my friend.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #29
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,049

Experience: 10+ years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
I have seen the Bible get brought up once or twice over the last couple of weeks in passing and there are many of us out there who like to discuss the Bible and so I took it as a calling to throw a beacon out to anyone who cares to listen, you may come here and discuss the following thoughts I have prepared or ask questions that you may have and rest assured that they will be answered truthfully and to the best of not only mine, but anyone else’s ability who has the calling to minister.

I know we all like to crack jokes and have a good time but for this one thread out of the whole library we have going on I ask that we try to maintain a respectable level of dignity for the sake of the Lord, I joke around as much or more than the next guy but the Bible and all things related are sacred to me, please respect that. With that in mind, I believe that being a Christian SHOULD be fun, I enjoy it, I love to be alive and I love living That is the message I would like to deliver today, everyone who has the Lord Jesus Christ in their heart should rejoice on a daily basis and enjoy the opportunity to rejoice in his name.

What does it mean to rejoice in the Lord? The answer is so simple it ends up being very complex, we are to give praise in everything we do to the Glory of . It is a means for developing a personal relationship between yourself and Him. We get so busy with our day to day trials and tribulations that we forget about Him and try to handle our problems on our own… that is, until we really get ourselves in a pickle then all of a sudden we become Christians again and look for Him to bail us out. Sometimes we even get mad at Him when he doesn’t… You know who you are.

Why would I want to rejoice in someone who doesn’t bail me out of trouble though? To truly understand how this works I really feel you would have to be a parent, but I only say this because _I_ did not understand it fully until I was a parent. When your children are small they rely on you for everything, from nurturing their nutritional needs to guiding them in the differences between right and wrong. As a parent you want your child to develop good decision making abilities so you allow them to make choices, when they make a bad choice you could easily shield them, pick them up in your arms and protect them from the consequences, but you know in your heart they would not learn this way. So you allow them to feel the consequences of their actions, you let them hurt, so that they will heal stronger.

In the eyes of the Lord we are all Children, and he is our Heavenly Father, he allows pain into our lives that we might learn from the pain and become stronger for it, he could easily shield us and protect us but he knows just as well that we would not learn from out mistakes. That is why pain and suffering are necessary in our lives and why there will always be pain and suffering.

The vigilant Christian should not let himself be brought down by this however, The vigilant Christian should rejoice knowing that the Father is always close by and always He is watching and He WANTS to guide us towards greener pastures, but He isn’t going to just give it to you, He is going to Guide it to you, and it is up to you to work towards it.

1Chronicles 16:10
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.


Ever notice how excited new Christians are, everywhere they go they praise Jesus for this praise for that but it isn’t too long before they go back to the way they were, trudging through life with their head down, sad about this and waiting for that.. What happened to that energy? What happened is the personal relationship with became weaker and weaker, you go from praying 10 times a day to praying 10 times a month.. then 10 times a year.. then you only see him on Holidays.. sounds like he became an in-law at this point doesn’t it?

When you walk around after you read this look at people, really look at them and see who seems content and who doesn’t, ask yourself “When was the last time I truly thanked for something? When was the last time I lifted up my voice to Rejoice in his name?” It has been a while for some of you no? Maybe never?

Deuteronomy 26:11
And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.

Psalm 5:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

The bible says we should rejoice in EVERY good thing, not just the stuff you wanted.. not just the bike.. not just the tires.. not just the date you had.. but EVERY good thing, thank for your FOOD thank for your HEALTH thank that you even woke up this morning! _EVERY_ _good_ _thing_ you are to thank for giving you….. and then he’ll give it to you again.

Let them ever shout for joy because thou defendest them… has your back.. if you keep in touch with him he for sure will keep in touch with you and this is his promise.

Isaiah 65:13
Therefore thus saith the Lord , Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:

There are people in this world who do not know , not because they have never heard his name, but because they have heard his name, and turned away, and these people shall hunger for their whole lives, these are the sad people you see when you walk, the worried ones, the ones who look tired and depressed, they bear the weight of the world on their shoulders and have no one to help them out, these are the people you should pray for, pray that they find salvation in the Lord, for the Lord will watch over all his servants, they will rejoice in his name, and they will never be without. Those who would love money or material gain more than the Lord will never be able to own enough things, they will never have enough stocks, their bank account will never reach a point where they say STOP, I have enough! Don’t give me anymore money because I am SATISFIED! You will never hear that, because they have a hole in their soul and it’s a hole only can fill, if you do not believe me look at the state of affairs today, look at Enron, look at our Mayoral scandal.. all of these people who are lying and cheating and STEALING money because they just can’t earn it fast enough are just trying to fill a void, which only can fill.. and sadly enough for them, they may never know this.

Rejoicing in the Lord isn’t just about being happy, it’s about saving others, how many times have you been bored driving around and you happen by a party.. everyone is yelling and laughing and having a good time and you say “Hey, whats going on in there? Lemmie go look” Christianity should be the same way, you should be so happy and laugh so loud and rejoice so much people say “Hey.. whats going on with that person? Lemmie go see” Then they ask you why are you so happy and you boom at them “Because any day that I live in the name of the Lord is a GOOD day to be alive, that’s why I rejoice!” You might just bring them to salvation, I’ve seen it happen and it can change the businessman in a tuxedo all the way to the homeless person in rags.. I have seen it happen and so can you.

1Kings 1:40
And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them

I am going to end this now with these verses, if you made it this far, thank you for your time.

-Ramius

Psalm 63:7
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice

Psalm 71:23
My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.

Psalm 90:14
O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my ; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.


thats-a-HugeBitch!

seriously i didnt even feel like reading the first sentence of that fukn monstrosity of a post!
__________________
Quote:
We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid Galilee of its Arab population.
David Ben-Gurion, Founding father of Israel
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #30
Dre_Day
High Risk
 
Dre_Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 249
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 86


Bike(s):
1994 kx500 2-stroke









If you think you're happy now, just wait until you have a relationship with . I guarantee it will feel better than: a perfect launch at the track, a best lap time, and your first wheelie combined.

Oh yeah,
I'm Dre', nice to meet every1.
Dre_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:25 PM   #31
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









i'll sum up my feelings with verse

i'm on my hands and knees..i want so bad to believe

NIN \m/
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:25 PM   #32
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Hey I'm really suprised where people stand about . After all the filth people post and all the pr0n lol.. It's good to hear that people still look up to the Lord.
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #33
flip326
No likey, no bikey
 
flip326's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,509

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)






I by no means....am a perfect Christian, ups and downs and whatnot... i fall short everyday with what i say and think and do. However, I'm sure expects up to sin, duh. Its all about our true intentions, and what we do with them.

Believe or not, it always your choice.

I am glad that we live in a place that lets everyone believe what they want. Imagine if we lived in a part where you HAD to believe one thing or theyd kill you or excommunicate you. That wouldnt be a fun place to be at all.
__________________
flip326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #34
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
there is no . did not create the world. did not create man.
an eternity is a long time to be wrong

but to each his own, I never force my beliefs/religion on anybody
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #35
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
i am with you on this Ramius. When you hear mortars / rockets screaming over head and suddenly realize Hey!! lifes not a joke and there is real evil in this world, out there are people who want nothing more than to see your guts mixed into the sand-you may never see home or the people you love ever again--and the one thing and the only thing that pulls you through those moments of real terror is your belief in !!! Yeah, I believe and love for everything and me and , I'm sure,a lot of soldiers here who would gladly tell you the same! Its funny how people get a belief in only when they got problems in life and forget HIM when things are good. At home in Houston I am active in my church-good times / bad times it dont matter. If you dont believe, thats cool- you dont answer to anyone on this board. As for me and mine- We worship the LORD.
Jrock aka Joel
D7 Camp Rustamiyah
Baghdad , Iraq

btw-- i aint no perfect christian- just practicing to be perfect.he.he.he
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #36
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_Day
If you think you're happy now, just wait until you have a relationship with . I guarantee it will feel better than: a perfect launch at the track, a best lap time, and your first wheelie combined.

Oh yeah,
I'm Dre', nice to meet every1.
a huge welcome to Motohouston Dre'
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:36 PM   #37
bentgixxer
Senior Member
 
bentgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,894

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring








Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_Day
If you think you're happy now, just wait until you have a relationship with . I guarantee it will feel better than: a perfect launch at the track, a best lap time, and your first wheelie combined.

not harpin on ya, but im plenty happy without " "

i serve my community fulltime at my job, and as a hobby, ive seen too much bad stuff that makes me question the existence.


im not saying im a satanist or anything like that, i just havent found church and bibles and my cup of tea. maybe someday ill pick up a bible and find otherwise, but not today


OH YEAH, and welcome to MH
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
We need a subforum for bentgixxer's threads alone.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #38
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









i think the bible and are good things to believe in, but i also think it doesn't make you a good person. an overwhelming majority of christians that i have dealt with have been complete . by no means is that all or even close to all of them, i know Lots of good ones too, but i mean i've seen some RUTHLESS christians working "volunteer" work.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #39
99BlackR1
Spaz
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Spring TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,786


Bike(s):
R1, CRF50









there is no . but you need something fake to point your finger and say thats the reason why something good/awful happens.. we are organisms that have evolved for millions of years into what we are today. nobody walks on water, these are like stories old folks tell their children to get their imagination going wild. most people need to find some sort of meaning in their lives so they jump on the bandwaggon and start praying. they do it because they find confort in it and start to believe that has put them here because they were meant to do blah blah.. when in reality we are just like the that is stuck on the bottom on our shoes only we smell better. jj i just love controversy
__________________
eyecopy
http://www.myspace.com/miggycnig
Mike - "CurbCheck"
motorcycledudeindestructible2542999l4qy6go
Pardon the hate and the animosity
towards your belief system and your hypocrisy.
No regrets, no remorse.This is my last serenade
99BlackR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #40
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









evolution doesn't disprove just like existence doesn't prove it. i think some things are just beyond our comprehension, like existence for example, and that's where faith comes in.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy