MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #21
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Linky: http://pnwriders.com/portland-region...read-post.html

I guess I never did post it up.

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forest Gnome Ride 8.21.11 TexasCBR1000rr Events, Meets and Rides 137 09-17-2011 10:16 PM
Saturday 7/17 Forest Gnome Ride Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 66 07-18-2010 11:48 AM
Forest Gnome Ride to Yankees Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 31 06-03-2010 02:36 PM
Forest Gnome Ride 5.22.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 7 05-18-2010 11:30 AM
3.08.09 Forest Gnome Ride CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 191 03-09-2009 09:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #22
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Dangit man Im glad he is alive, if there is anything I can do let me know. I know I dont know him but Im a biker and if there is anything in any way I can do let me know.
scott
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #23
along77082

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 ninja ZX6R

Send a message via AIM to along77082
man thats horrible! def a disorganized group. none of that should have happened!
along77082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #24
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #25
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Daaaaaamn. What a bunch of asshats.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #26
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

wow that sucks, never heard of an "organized" group being unorganized!!!!!
QUICKGIXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #27
crys124

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2007 SV650

Poor guy...that's so wrong! At least he managed to crawl out of the ditch.
crys124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #28
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

At least they found him. It could have been alot worse. Im glad I ride with groups I can count on.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #29
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
At least they found him. It could have been alot worse. Im glad I ride with groups I can count on.
+1
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #30
Navajib

Bike(s):
Some Dirties

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Yeah, to no thanks to his group.
They should feel like and ashamed for their negligence.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #31
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Something similar happened out towards Fayetteville not too long ago, although thankfully no life flight needed. Pretty sad, something like that shouldn't happen to anybody.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
kinnlyn

Bike(s):
ninja 636
crf 230
ninja500 sold
ninja 650r wrecked

Wow... haven't done many group rides. Will keep this thread in mind on the next ones.
kinnlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnlyn View Post
Wow... haven't done many group rides. Will keep this thread in mind on the next ones.
Ur a ForestGnome. We dont do that to our own kind. Counter-productive.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #34
eaglefox20
Some Say...

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GSX- R600
SV650n (sold)
Scwhinn 18-speed

Send a message via AIM to eaglefox20
Lesson learned for everyone to do head counts, have quality leaders and sweepers, and its probably a good idea for each rider to get to know a few people during the ride. Kind of like a buddy system. Sounds juvenile, but recognizing that the ride organizers cannot know everyone (and their bikes) its good if your "buddy" realizes that someone is missing.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #35
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
We had a new rider decide to pass our leaders and sweepers on a turn off road. He later admitted he saw us, slowed down, etc but figured they pulled off to wait for others behind him. The waving hands and signals to pull over were ignored. He ended up on highway6 instead of 90 at the end of 3090.

His roomate was riding w me on the busa and she kept calling him. We, one wrecked bike and 40 some others waited for over an hour at the 90 gas station to hear word. We got word from SBM guys he was spotted on Highway6... so we went home.

He said he stopped, called us, waited at the gas station then continued home... Fail! We've been doing this soo long on these roads and communicate so well; that's why the Forest Gnome rides work to fluently even when things happen.

yeah, that was fun
it was cold that day. we started out with temps around 30 degrees. i had ice on my tires when i left. it was destined to be ADVENTURE!
also, to make matters even more adventurous i didnt bring cash or any means of obtaining gas and didnt ever fill up. when we got back to montgomery my gas light started blinking and i could not have been luckier.
i still cant beleive yamawhore made it to willis with a ziptied on clipon... i guess that would be a 'ziptiedon'
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #36
Navajib

Bike(s):
Some Dirties

Update from the guy who was flighted:

Quote:
Hey guys. Bare with my grammer and punctuation I am only typing with my right hand. The left is in a cast. I have full function with the right side of my body, but I am a bit sore nontheless. My right collar bone is sore so holding it up to type is difficult. My left thigh bone is broken . The femur seperated on impact, but is healing well. I can lift my left leg better than I could yesterday and I can move my left arm better now than i could yesterday. This means that I am healing well. I should be home by Monday or Tuesday by the latest, depending on how my blood count is. I have anemia due to lots of blood loss during surgery. I bled a ton inside my leg. I try to do breathing excersises and to lifting my legs and arms to strengthen my muscles and range of motion for once I'm ready to go home it wont be diificult for me to move around.

I cannot belive how much love and support I am getting not only through friends and family, but through people who barely know me. I've read every post from all kinds of people; those who are conserned for me and my riding and other peoples' riding, but I want to make it clear say this is 1000% my fault. I know I would caught up to others going the posted speed limit, but I enjoyed pushing my bike and my riding skills. I wanted to improve my maneuverability and alertness, but I couldn't while breaking the law. I knew I was headed for danger when the turn came up way too fast. I remember the whole incident.

As I approached the turn I knew I had to break, but the rear wheel locked up and began to whobble. I tried to compensate for this change by downshifting from 4th to 3rd and quickly pulsating the front brake as well as the rear break again and slowed quickly to a speed at which I could manage. But this all happend in a split second and by the time i reached the corner I was way on the outside and if I were to have turned I would have fell down on the pavement and would have slid into the gauard rail. I saw a pipe gate, didn't want to go into that. So I aimed for in the middle of a tree and a guardrail. I dont remeber exactly how I hit or what I hit first, but my dad went to the scene of the accident and said there was mark on the gaurdrail were I had hit and on the tree as well. I went into shock, but never into a coma. I turned my body to get a better layout of where I was and how to asseesss the situating. Wen I pivoted, my left leg and left hip went in two different directions so I couldn't use it to help me out of the ravine. My left arm broke on impact, but I still used it to grab branches and strong gass to lift my body from my tomb. I eventually gained enough strength to use my right leg to dig into the dirt to gain leverage to get myself out of the ravine. I eventally got myself sideways to use my whole body strength to army crawl my way out of the ravine and onto a concrete slab. This took 35 to 45 minutes after the crash.

I picked up a white board to help out mainly as a tool to dig into th dirt and get myself out of the ravine. But I eventally used it to flag motorists for further assistance. About 4 or 5 mortorist and cyclists passed, looked at me and rode/drove on not knowing if I actually needed help. An ex-firefighter finally stopped to ask questions and I told home of my condition. A lady stopped to ask questions too. The firefighter turned around looking for cell phone service and so did lady. I saw the lady catch up to the firefighter who was stopped in a driveway, she informed him of the situation and asked for the firefighter to be with me as she looked for cell phone service because she knew he had more experince with CPR and C-Spine. He got my boot and sock off to get a better look at the damaged foot. The sherrif arrived 15 minutes after the ex-firefighter arrived and the medics arrived shortly after that. They asked me the whole 21 questons of name, age, gender, the accident...everything you read her is an answer for everything they asked me. Fire fighters cut through my jeans and jacket to assess my injuries. They put my left leg through traction to releace tension; hold my bone a part from one another(femer and tibia). Those were the screams heard on the youtube video. Plus, I scream when going from ground to stretcher. Going into the helicopter was bad too because I'd hit my foot on everything and even when they told me to pivot my injured leg i couldnt because i couldn't move it. ETA was 8 min from Hagg Lake to Emanual hospital.

I'll stop now and write more later. I as well as my parents thanked the firefighter for their help. Hey, this is Marshall's Mom. Getting the call Monday night at 10:30 saying we needed to get to Emanuel Hospital ASAP was a shocking experience. It was a difficult drive going to see Marsh, not knowing what to expect. Head injury? Was he mangled? Anything ripped off his body? Thank goodness he didn't have a head or chest injury; thank goodness he is still alive. Tuesday morning at 6:00 Marshall's Dad and I went to the scene. It is amazing how he got himself out of that area with a broken arm and smashed leg. His dad walked to the area and walked through the hole to see what it felt like. You can see where his bike went into the ravine and bore a hole through the blackberry bushes. He did have the chance to crawl out of that situation.

Since Marshall was going to surgery Tuesday we went to the Gaston fire station at 7 that morning and thanked the fire fighters for all their help. We got there so early that we actually woke one of them up & he came to the door and talked to us about what happened. I gotta tell ya, the problem with the YouTube post was the fact that no one asked for permission from Marshall or us (he is 21 and needs to give permission). Even when we spoke with the fire fighter at the station, nothing was mentioned about a YouTube post. A discussion could have been done then. If someone would have, maybe permission would have been given, but only for training purposes, not to post on the net. We do think it is a learning experience, the volunteer fire rescue did a terrific job, everyone who helped him did a terrific job, including the ex firefighter who stopped to help Marshall in the first place. Marshall's aunt was the one who told us about the post in an email. When we saw it it ripped our hearts out. Hearing Marshall's screams hurt to our soul. That's our son, flesh and blood screaming in pain. Very heart wrenching. The video should not have included sound. Imagine if Marshall would have died and that was the last thing we saw and heard from him. Just imagine, those with children, what you would have thought. One of Marshall's friends even commented that a similar situation happened in his family and was very heart wrenching and disturbing. This was done in poor taste to have posted onto a world wide network. Three our four days later, things are starting to get back to normal. He is now able to get out of bed and walk with a walker. He can eat, sit up in the hospital bed and get around with his walker. He may be able to come home in a day or two. We still have a long way to go for recovery and life changes. There were a couple of threads mentioned, PV2 when you read this maybe this would have answered all your questions about the accident and hopefully this makes people think hard about speeding and driving like maniacs. Don't forget, there are other people on the road driving cars, semis, bicycles, and people who don't have gear, and if you crash into them heaven help you and them. It's not only you to consider. People's lives would totally change because of poor judgment and speed.

Marshall again. I'd like to thank everyone for visiting. Matt, thank you for taking the tim out of your day to bring over movies I'vw watched most of simpsons and batman and independence day. Eleah, thank you for bringing over cookies. They no doubt have helped ease my pain. Neil. thank you fou taking the time write about improving group rides an bringing up my story for others to get an idea of what could happen to them too if they do the same things i did. Clay, Matt, Kevin, Michael and everyone else; thank you for visiting and supporting my with your love and kind words. Brady, no one is mad at you and we'd love to see you. I'd love to see more of you if you make it out. So many others who have posted and Im not naming, don't feel like im forgetting about you. I know you all care about me and if any of you were in my situation i'd gladly write to you and/or visit you in the hospital. I love and care for you all. Ride safe for sakes. and please, for me, no blamming others. No calling out other people. Don't let your ego get in the way of respect for one another. if anyone has tips for newb experienced riders just listen, dont critisis. add to the discussion, dont bring it down by negative or heated counter replies. lets be civil and respectful. i'll be out to meet you guys one of these days and grab a burger and hang out with buddies, i.e you guys i love you all so much!!! take care.

-Marshall
http://pnwriders.com/portland-region...ml#post1767097
Old 07-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #37
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

I understand how the family feels about seeing the video, but like JP said, it's not illegal. Uncool, yeah, illegal, no. They don't need to ask for permission just like nobody else has to ask for permission.

Maybe incidents like this will get folks to have a little more restraint with all this video taping that goes on with any portable electronic device sold these days. Nobody seems to care when it happens to someone else. I can't tell you how many times we've had to work to protect people from all the video cameras and freelance photographers in situations like this.

/rant

Had to vent, not trying to create a discussion.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #38
VDM

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2007 (Sold)
Yamaha Midnight Warrior 2009
Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

The whole story is so sad and we all have to learn a good lesson reading this! :(
VDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #39
Charliebrown

Bike(s):
zzr

Charliebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #40
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post
I found a thread that I have never come across anything of the likes so far. A rider left behind for ~40m until emergency personnel arrived to transport him to a hospital by helicopter.

, the meaning of 'no rider left behind' was nonexistent! I hope our community here gets a reminder what it means.

Post by BoricuaBusa
--pnwriders

First, I have full permission from the father to write this, actually he wanted me too, because he hopes this don't happen again....to any of us.

Here it goes[...]

Remember the "Gamuru ride" on Monday evening? Well, when I got to the meet up place there were like 8 or 9 riders, a few seconds after we got the notice that Gamuru wasn't coming...so everyone said "lets go", someone voluntered for lead and another one for sweep, and we went on our way to Hag Lake. We did a loop around Hag lake and stoped at the regular place. I reminded a few of the newbies not to pass on the right and keep an eye on the person behind you.

Eveyone decided to do another loop, but Vinex and my self wanted to go counterclockwise....the rest of the group went clockwise, at that point I remember seen MARSHALL leaving with the big group. We all went arond it and met again at the entrance.

A few seconds later we all left... the group got devided but came together again almost 40 minutes after. Then we all went to Buffalo Wild Wing in Hillsboro, ate some wings, had some fun, then we all went home....Full and safe... BUT WAIT, DID WE???

That was Monday evening, yesterday (Tuesday) while at coffee night, Matt (Ninja Matt) approched me and ask me, Do you know what happened yesterday? I was like, yup, we had a lot of fun....He said, NO, MARSHALL CRASHED AND WAS LEFT BEHIND.... I was like whattttttttttt????????? The whole time I thought it had to be when the group splited at 47... BUT MAN I WAS WRONG>>>>>

I just came back from the hospital, from seen Marshall and his dad, and finaly found out what exactly happened.

When everyone decided to do a second loop around Hag lake, Marshall got passed by the riders behind him, so he was the last one of that group.... right after the boat landing, after Nelson st, there is a right turn, Marshall went straight (unknow reason right now), hit the guard rail, then a big tree, and went down the ditch/hill.

For 40 MINUTES he was yelling & screaming for help (BROKEN FEMUR & HIP)....After 40 minutes some how he crawled the hill and waived a passing car....
Emergency arrived, and he was MEDI-VAC (helicopter) to Emanuel Hopital....
He still in bad conditions.... Although he can't barely talk, in a week he should be getting better.

HOW THE DID THIS HAPPEN??? HOW NONE ONE MISSED HIM????

Do we have one or two people to blame???? Like his dad told me, NO. We can not balme the leader, sweeper or whoever....because IS ALL OF US FAULT. WE ALL FAILED. We failed to look in our mirrors, we failed to do a "head count", we failed to make sure every one was there after the second loop. For christ sake, we even failed to see that he was not in Buffalo Wild Wings with us....

A messege from his dad, and I qoute: "I am a rider as well, and I've been riding for 40 years, so I do know that my son was riding over his head, and that's why he crashed, but there is no reason a person should be laying down hurt at the bottom of a hill, screaming for 40 minutes. Please guys, be-careful, use this as an example of the importance of team work, and don't let it happen again"

To make the matter worse, some clown of the Glaston Fire Dept, posted the video in Youtube.....Which his dad discover yesterday. Actions are been taken against the Fire Dept for such a direspectful act. They already know who posted it.
His dad wanted me to post it here....so evey one see, this was no joke.

[I only posted the link because I have not watched it yet because of work --Navajib]
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Fianally, his dad dont want a "Blaming game" now....he will read this, so lets not start blaming or judging.....we all know is all of us fault, and the things that could have prevented this. BE SAFE.

To Marshall,

Once again We all apologize for leaving you behind, get better soon, and I'm sure there will be many of us willing to help you, or your dad if need it.

/Post

wow. I read all of that and I am amazed. that guys' diction is horrible.

and the wreck part sucked too.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement