MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Post Forest Gnome Application Denied!

I found a thread that I have never come across anything of the likes so far. A rider left behind for ~40m until emergency personnel arrived to transport him to a hospital by helicopter.

, the meaning of 'no rider left behind' was nonexistent! I hope our community here gets a reminder what it means.

Post by BoricuaBusa
--pnwriders

First, I have full permission from the father to write this, actually he wanted me too, because he hopes this don't happen again....to any of us.

Here it goes[...]

Remember the "Gamuru ride" on Monday evening? Well, when I got to the meet up place there were like 8 or 9 riders, a few seconds after we got the notice that Gamuru wasn't coming...so everyone said "lets go", someone voluntered for lead and another one for sweep, and we went on our way to Hag Lake. We did a loop around Hag lake and stoped at the regular place. I reminded a few of the newbies not to pass on the right and keep an eye on the person behind you.

Eveyone decided to do another loop, but Vinex and my self wanted to go counterclockwise....the rest of the group went clockwise, at that point I remember seen MARSHALL leaving with the big group. We all went arond it and met again at the entrance.

A few seconds later we all left... the group got devided but came together again almost 40 minutes after. Then we all went to Buffalo Wild Wing in Hillsboro, ate some wings, had some fun, then we all went home....Full and safe... BUT WAIT, DID WE???

That was Monday evening, yesterday (Tuesday) while at coffee night, Matt (Ninja Matt) approched me and ask me, Do you know what happened yesterday? I was like, yup, we had a lot of fun....He said, NO, MARSHALL CRASHED AND WAS LEFT BEHIND.... I was like whattttttttttt????????? The whole time I thought it had to be when the group splited at 47... BUT MAN I WAS WRONG>>>>>

I just came back from the hospital, from seen Marshall and his dad, and finaly found out what exactly happened.

When everyone decided to do a second loop around Hag lake, Marshall got passed by the riders behind him, so he was the last one of that group.... right after the boat landing, after Nelson st, there is a right turn, Marshall went straight (unknow reason right now), hit the guard rail, then a big tree, and went down the ditch/hill.

For 40 MINUTES he was yelling & screaming for help (BROKEN FEMUR & HIP)....After 40 minutes some how he crawled the hill and waived a passing car....
Emergency arrived, and he was MEDI-VAC (helicopter) to Emanuel Hopital....
He still in bad conditions.... Although he can't barely talk, in a week he should be getting better.

HOW THE DID THIS HAPPEN??? HOW NONE ONE MISSED HIM????

Do we have one or two people to blame???? Like his dad told me, NO. We can not balme the leader, sweeper or whoever....because IS ALL OF US FAULT. WE ALL FAILED. We failed to look in our mirrors, we failed to do a "head count", we failed to make sure every one was there after the second loop. For christ sake, we even failed to see that he was not in Buffalo Wild Wings with us....

A messege from his dad, and I qoute: "I am a rider as well, and I've been riding for 40 years, so I do know that my son was riding over his head, and that's why he crashed, but there is no reason a person should be laying down hurt at the bottom of a hill, screaming for 40 minutes. Please guys, be-careful, use this as an example of the importance of team work, and don't let it happen again"

To make the matter worse, some clown of the Glaston Fire Dept, posted the video in Youtube.....Which his dad discover yesterday. Actions are been taken against the Fire Dept for such a direspectful act. They already know who posted it.
His dad wanted me to post it here....so evey one see, this was no joke.

[I only posted the link because I have not watched it yet because of work --Navajib]

Fianally, his dad dont want a "Blaming game" now....he will read this, so lets not start blaming or judging.....we all know is all of us fault, and the things that could have prevented this. BE SAFE.

To Marshall,

Once again We all apologize for leaving you behind, get better soon, and I'm sure there will be many of us willing to help you, or your dad if need it.

/Post

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forest Gnome Ride 8.21.11 TexasCBR1000rr Events, Meets and Rides 137 09-17-2011 10:16 PM
Saturday 7/17 Forest Gnome Ride Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 66 07-18-2010 11:48 AM
Forest Gnome Ride to Yankees Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 31 06-03-2010 02:36 PM
Forest Gnome Ride 5.22.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 7 05-18-2010 11:30 AM
3.08.09 Forest Gnome Ride CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 191 03-09-2009 09:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Know who your friends are... FAIL all the way around on that one.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Pretty shitty, man. Anytime I have been on a group ride, I immediately turn around and go looking is someone has not caught up within a few minutes and most of he time they pass me and I turn back around. I have too many times gone back to find a rider down. Few times bad most times nothing serious.

There is absolutely no excuse for that to have happened.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Sounds like the original leader didn't show, and then the rest failed to designate a sweeper.. totally disorganized "group" ride.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

, my youtube "link" failed. I didn't want to post the youtube vid. lol

BTW, this was only posted yesterday on its original forum.

Last edited by Navajib; 07-02-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

that is some sorry all away around.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

Cant believe what that FD did....goes to show the difference between a T-shirt FF and a Proffessional FF is....sad hope he gets better.
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
We had a new rider decide to pass our leaders and sweepers on a turn off road. He later admitted he saw us, slowed down, etc but figured they pulled off to wait for others behind him. The waving hands and signals to pull over were ignored. He ended up on highway6 instead of 90 at the end of 3090.

His roomate was riding w me on the busa and she kept calling him. We, one wrecked bike and 40 some others waited for over an hour at the 90 gas station to hear word. We got word from SBM guys he was spotted on Highway6... so we went home.

He said he stopped, called us, waited at the gas station then continued home... Fail! We've been doing this soo long on these roads and communicate so well; that's why the Forest Gnome rides work to fluently even when things happen.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
someone save the video? i want to see it
Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomedicHFD View Post
Cant believe what that FD did....goes to show the difference between a T-shirt FF and a Proffessional FF is....sad hope he gets better.
what did he do for us that didnt get to see the video?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
Intrinzik

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
09 Daytona 675 (Tornato Red)

Send a message via Yahoo to Intrinzik
Gotta admit the forest gnomes rock. Haven't ridden with them in a while, but the times that I have I always felt like somebody would have my back if some sh*t went sideways for me.

Paintball in Houston, Tx
http://www.urbanwarzonepaintball.com
Intrinzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

sad sad story...
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
tyme2move

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

When there was a break in the line due to traffic, lights, etc, I missed a turn and was immediately chased down by 2 riders.... gotta luv the gnomes!
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #14
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

as disrespectful as it may seem, to video or take pictures and post them anywhere is NOT illegal, there is no inherant right to privacy in a public place nor is there a right to privacy during an emergency or as a public official. That being said I do agree that the emergency responder should not have taken and posted the video.

Sorry to hear about the rider, and hate to see the group ethics break down.

if you want to ask me questions about my statement please use PM's and no blasting(hating) I'll answer legit questions

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Wow. I bet all his fellow riders feel like . It may suck to wait with a down rider in the heat. It may suck to wait with a busted ride for a trailer... But can you imagine the guilt all these riders must have felt and still feel when they found that a memeber of THEIR group was left behind?

Hellagood find/post OP! The OP could be stickied to 2nd post of "The Pace" thread?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #16
spring r1

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

thats know who u ride with........forest gnomes ftw........
Old 07-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

whats a forest gnome?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #18
switch
two fifty

CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #19
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Shitty, this is why I tend to like smaller rides. Never been on an actual Gnome ride, but with one or two of them and helped out with a few so I know how they work. shame this guy got left behind. Hopefully those that did the leaving and us that've done the reading can learn something from this.

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #20
mizpah
vé con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post