MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #21
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698

although if you read my "rant, hit and run" you will see that they didnt help me last night.... nothing to do with a bike and they still blew me off like a guy hitting my truck and driving off meant nothing.
nope sorry i dont read your posts like you do mine
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anybody playing "Words with Friends" on iPhone? smokinjoe Off Topic 44 04-29-2010 09:02 PM
Cops: I-Phone app that warns you about traffic cameras and speed traps is "cowardly". Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-18-2009 02:21 AM
Over-use of "in" phrases and words morvegil Off Topic 46 07-08-2009 07:24 PM
Baton Rouge Article, "Sport Bikes Dangerous" rideForrestride General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 07-08-2008 08:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #22
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:49 PM   #23
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
wow the all mighty arturo has spoken...watch out for turn 17
im going around it next time
Old 12-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #24
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #25
mongofeet

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6, 2005 Yamaha R6 & 2001 Honda XR100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698

although if you read my "rant, hit and run" you will see that they didnt help me last night.... nothing to do with a bike and they still blew me off like a guy hitting my truck and driving off meant nothing.
for real!! the same dang thing happend to me on my BIKE!! some A** Hole hit me with his truck, so I sped home and called the cops to report it. (they said i should have pulled over right there!!!) (how can you do that if some crazy a** is chasen you down for nothin???) Filed a report, and jack S*** happend. Been 4 months now, and still nothin. That proved to me that these guys for the most part really dont care. Sorry, buts thats how my situation worked out too. Untill they respect me...I mostly wont respect them either....sorry

I agree Clayton9698!!
mongofeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #26
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongofeet
for real!! the same dang thing happend to me on my BIKE!! some A** Hole hit me with his truck, so I sped home and called the cops to report it. (they said i should have pulled over right there!!!) (how can you do that if some crazy a** is chasen you down for nothin???) Filed a report, and jack S*** happend. Been 4 months now, and still nothin. That proved to me that these guys for the most part really dont care. Sorry, buts thats how my situation worked out too. Untill they respect me...I mostly wont respect them either....sorry

I agree Clayton9698!!
HPD Hit and Run division gets thousands and thousands of these cases every year. About 10 guys work in that division. I'd say that less than 5% of those cases have enough info to track down a owner. Then you have to find out who was driving and be able to prove it. This can be months after the accident. Then most complainants cant ID the driver for various reasons, ie. nite time, parked vehicle, tint too dark, etc. Then after all this you have to get the DA to accept your class b charge of FSGI. Recap here: 10 officers + the whole city of houston = your case prob won't get solved and cleared due to lack of evidence for prosecution.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #27
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
People want everything instantaneous.

I'm so confused now, people tell me to stop hassling them and go catch real criminals (rapists, murderers, child abusers) *sigh* :eh: I don't know what to do. I should have been a Firefighter :icon_bigg
heh, try being a deputy sheriff, emt, paramedic... AND a firefighter....cuz my friend does it...but I dont know how.... Id go crazy..
Old 12-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #28
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

i respect cops... i just hate that they are always there catching me speeding...lol IT....

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #29
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
nope sorry i dont read your posts like you do mine
I only read your posts when you are riding my in them.. like this on.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #30
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
He must work on the deputy, emt jobs and sleep as a firefighter :laughing6 j/k.

Honestly.... I dont think he sleeps:confused2
Old 12-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #31
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
HPD Hit and Run division gets thousands and thousands of these cases every year. About 10 guys work in that division. I'd say that less than 5% of those cases have enough info to track down a owner. Then you have to find out who was driving and be able to prove it. This can be months after the accident. Then most complainants cant ID the driver for various reasons, ie. nite time, parked vehicle, tint too dark, etc. Then after all this you have to get the DA to accept your class b charge of FSGI. Recap here: 10 officers + the whole city of houston = your case prob won't get solved and cleared due to lack of evidence for prosecution.
I dont buy this, How can they not find someone if you provide a plate number. Simple fact is, they get so many, they are so understaffed, they just let 'em fall when they dont seem important,ie; someone is not injured or killed.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #32
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
People want everything instantaneous.

I'm so confused now
, people tell me to stop hassling them and go catch real criminals (rapists, murderers, child abusers) *sigh* :eh: I don't know what to do. I should have been a Firefighter :icon_bigg
if your confused as to what your real job is supposed to be, then yes, you need to change your line of work.
You work for the people of your community, you know your scope of work and you know you can't make everybody happy all the time. Your position in society is an important one, understand who you work for and deal with it in a proper manner or change your line of work. simple
you want respect ? the blue uniform isn't an automatic respect blanket anymore, you earn it by your actions.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #33
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
He must work on the deputy, emt jobs and sleep as a firefighter :laughing6 j/k.
I am an ex firefighter, try wearing their shoes for one busy shift in Houston. Sleep later

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-25-2006, 11:54 AM   #34
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
I dont buy this, How can they not find someone if you provide a plate number. Simple fact is, they get so many, they are so understaffed, they just let 'em fall when they dont seem important,ie; someone is not injured or killed.
Plate number doesn't mean thats the owner of the vehicle. Especially if you work in the hood vehicles are sold many times over w/o registration being switched over. Owners often change adress and don't update. Just because you have a owner, doesn't mean that person was driving. All they have to say is my cousin pookie had my car last week. Then the complainant has to prove that pookie was or was not driving the vehicle. Which means you have to be able to describe him and identify that person. If someone backsinto your car in a parking lot while you are out shopping and doesn't leave any info. How do you identify the driver?

Is night time, someone changes lanes hits your car and speeds off. How do you identify that driver. Its more than just run the plate and find out the owner. Lets say you do find the person that hit your car, they'll most likely get a six month probation. If he doesn't have insurance then you're still SOL. The city isnt gonna assign an investigator to track down some ghost for a week becuase your mirror was knocked off, nor should they. like this is just a part of life and a part of driving in a city with a large population of people that don't want to interact with the police.

Last edited by andre3k; 12-25-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #35
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
if your confused as to what your real job is supposed to be, then yes, you need to change your line of work.
You work for the people of your community, you know your scope of work and you know you can't make everybody happy all the time. Your position in society is an important one, understand who you work for and deal with it in a proper manner or change your line of work. simple
you want respect ? the blue uniform isn't an automatic respect blanket anymore, you earn it by your actions.
Whatever dude. Guess you're on of those people that think you pay my salary. Whatever, I generate more income for the city than any citizen has contributed to my paycheck. Not just tickets but a have a few sizeable narc seizures as well. Im not a public servant but a public protector. This is a job. I put on the uniform, do my job, take my home, collect my check every two weeks. Nothing more than that.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:15 PM   #36
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Plate number doesn't mean thats the owner of the vehicle. Especially if you work in the hood vehicles are sold many times over w/o registration being switched over. Owners often change adress and don't update. Just because you have a owner, doesn't mean that person was driving. All they have to say is my cousin pookie had my car last week. Then the complainant has to prove that pookie was or was not driving the vehicle. Which means you have to be able to describe him and identify that person. If someone backsinto your car in a parking lot while you are out shopping and doesn't leave any info. How do you identify the driver?

Is night time, someone changes lanes hits your car and speeds off. How do you identify that driver. Its more than just run the plate and find out the owner. Lets say you do find the person that hit your car, they'll most likely get a six month probation. If he doesn't have insurance then you're still SOL. The city isnt gonna assign an investigator to track down some ghost for a week becuase your mirror was knocked off, nor should they. like this is just a part of life and a part of driving in a city with a large population of people that don't want to interact with the police.
true

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #37
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Whatever dude. Guess you're on of those people that think you pay my salary. Whatever, I generate more income for the city than any citizen has contributed to my paycheck. Not just tickets but a have a few sizeable narc seizures as well. Im not a public servant but a public protector. This is a job. I put on the uniform, do my job, take my home, collect my check every two weeks. Nothing more than that.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #38
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
I'm not confused as to what my job is, I don't demand respect nor expect it just because I wear a blue uniform. I'm too busy watching your hands than to worry about if the person in front of me respects me.
this I totally understand

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement