MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #61
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytom
I couldn't agree more. I'm very patriotic. I love this country. I gladly served in The USAF which is something I'm very proud of. I've been around the world and can appreciate just how great we do have it. I fly the American flag for many reasons- not just because it looks pretty. But that doesn't mean that our country isnt flawed. It was once "For the people, by the people", but I'm afraid it is slowly becomming "for the rich, by the rich"...
Thanks for your service to our country. (I mean that more than you could know) My family and I sleep good at night because of your sacrifice and those of many others to make us free.

It's not a matter of just money anymore, though the money people do have more political and judicial power because of the $$$, it's even worse than that. The people entrusted with political office have taken upon themselves to decide that they "know better" and are taking our country into a spiral that we didn't send them to Washington to do. But, that's a whole 'nother topic not related to this 111mph thread.

Thanks again Tommy,
-d :notworthy
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a lawyer goracgo Off Topic 12 07-18-2012 11:20 AM
Traffic Citation Needed. Worth lawyer'ing up? image0r Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 2 04-06-2012 07:26 PM
the best lawyer ever pester Off Topic 3 09-24-2011 03:37 PM
lawyer PYROBUG51 Off Topic 11 01-06-2011 11:49 PM
NEED A LAWYER busa5225 Off Topic 50 05-24-2008 11:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #62
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
have you called him yet???

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #63
Tommytom

Bike(s):
06' R1 anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Thanks for your service to our country. (I mean that more than you could know) My family and I sleep good at night because of your sacrifice and those of many others to make us free.

It's not a matter of just money anymore, though the money people do have more political and judicial power because of the $$$, it's even worse than that. The people entrusted with political office have taken upon themselves to decide that they "know better" and are taking our country into a spiral that we didn't send them to Washington to do. But, that's a whole 'nother topic not related to this 111mph thread.

Thanks again Tommy,
-d :notworthy
Your more then welcom DOA, Serving was my priviledge, and if I could change any one thing in my life... It would be that I didn't stay in the service. Many reasons- but regardless... Joining the military was the best thing I ever did. I apologize for getting off on the wrong foot. I think it was a misunderstanding.
Tommytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #64
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
Lol, I seriously doubt you can get under my skin. I agree with DOA with all the flaws our system does alright. You can always ask for a jury to preside over your case so that it can even out the playing field.

I am employed by the "system" so if you want to hold a grudge or whatever against me for your PI arrest (a class c misd.) you wouldn't be the first.
I'd love to tell you the story. You yourself would have a hard time accepting it... and the fact that its a misd. doesn't mean ... I was innocent- thats what should have mattered. It came down to my word against the cops word... and I'm sure that makes you smile... but there is something called integrity that cops, soldiers, leaders are supposed to comprehend and hold to the highest level of priority. But I guess thats something you cant teach in the academy. You either have it or you don't. I don't hold a grude against you- I actually started to think maybe you were the 1% I have never met... but you have confirmed cops are all the same.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #65
Yzfguy

Bike(s):
2005 yzf600r

thanks agian everyone! i think i have decieded to go with getting lawyer now i just have to decied to use a local one i found for that area, or getting one of the ones that were suggested through this thread.Right now its just down to cost. All the lawyers i talked to so far said they can try for dissmissal or go for defferd just hard to see who is worth the money.

Oh yeah believe me this isnt one of my best moments, and i have learned a little from this experince.
Yzfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #66
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Sullo and Sullo

They will go anywhere, just pay their travel fees. I had more than 15 cases to go to court on and I walked away with only 1 case deferred. They're worth every penny they earned from me.

-d

+1 for Sullo and Sullo!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #67
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
I don't care about your PI. You obviously hold a grudge against LEOs and that is to be expected when someone has negative contact with law enforcement. Don't worry I'm use to verbal abuse and can handle it quite well since I am a Cop and served time in the military.

You can think what you want about me or my job from words you read online but the comment wasn't directed at you but yet you picked it out and ran with it, the statement is a known fact that people have known forever. If it offends you then or take it as a grain of salt.

I bet everything I have that if I met you with regular clothes on you wouldn't even know I was trdvet on this board, so don't pretend like you just lost your faith in Police just over some comments I made and say all Cops are the same.

Have a nice day (Okay okay that was arrogant but I swear I don't say it after a traffic stop :icon_bigg )
I think I was the only one to mention my disappointment with learning as a kid that the judicial system was not about morality...

The night I got taken down town (PI) 2 cops were arguing with the arresting officer about how he was out of line right in front of me... which him off even more- guess who was on the recieving end. I'm sure you don't care to hear- it wouldn't support your arguement... I realize everyones an individual- I'd still drink a beer with you- but I dont think it would sway my opinion on cops as a whole. You all come across like you think you are better then everyone else... if you dont believe me re-read your posts. You guys and pilots have that in common. (arrogance without substance)

I was robbed at gunpoint March 2 of this year... The cop showed up 45 minutes later- looked like he hadn't had a physical in 2 decades... and didn't know how to use an iron. Then he acts like it was cutting into his schedule. I asked him if he could get another patrol car to ride around the local ATM's to see if they could match the description of a vehicle- I gave incredible detail... He refused... the next week there was $200 worth of charges made 2 blocks away. good work. Here was an opportunity to have a positive experience with LEO's- coincedence? or average? I'd bet on average.

You wonder why everyone seems to think cops are worthless? the ONLY contact you can have with them is NEGATIVE. If I ever got robbed again I wouldn't even bother calling. They forgot somewhere along the line that they are supposed to be a SERVICE not a secratary that writes reports after the fact and files them for insurance claim purposes. I realize the pay isn't great- but if they don't like it- they should do something else. Its intended for those with a sense of pride and service. Unfortunately thats probably a joke to you and your comrads in the locker room.

I'm done with this topic- believe it or not I'm not an a$$hole... but youre right- cops do come off in a negative light for me- blame your buddies for giving off the wrong impression- not the public for picking up on it.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #68
batman007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2006 R6S

if he "said" he clocked you from the other side of the freeway,, there is no way he would know for sure that it was you.. it could have been anyone, because he would have to exit 45.. make a U-turn, then come back and get you, since there is a concrete divider there.... 80 percent it was you,, and 20 percent there was another black yamaha on the freeway speeding and you just happened to be there.... either way, the ticket was written.. there are lots of popular houston traffic lawyers in houston, such as sullo and sullo , spreacher and so on.. either way, i feel like if you have a lawyer, the least he can do for you is keep it off your record, and you will do deffered +fines,, and in the best case, it will all be dismisseddd
Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #69
Tommytom

Bike(s):

[QUOTE=trdvet you should change your name to Mr. Stereotype :laughing6 .
Bye [/QUOTE]

Just going on what you put out there boss.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #70
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Man- fuq it- forums are so easy to take out of context... After re-reading this stupid t- misunderstanding- snowballed. I dont hate all cops- just most of them. (joke) squashed bro- whatever. I realize though I was innocent that night- I've got away with tons more in my past so- maybe I had it comming... who cares- No more serious topics for me. If you ever wanna ride/ drink a beer/ or just kick it- Its cool. You caught me at work having a bad day.

Sorry I let it go so far. I probably do have issues. So what- its part of what makes me so fuqin awesome! Water under the bridge far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #71
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #72
Tommytom

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari
LoL Tom. Need another night in the pokie to calm ya down? lol. Dont worry, Im with ya on not liking cops.
LOL No thanks brutha. KUMBAfukinya I love everybody. (can you tell I made it home and had a beer) I'm good now. Good things, good things. Moseltoff. (sp?)
Old 06-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #73
Yzfguy

Bike(s):
2005 yzf600r

what you guys think,

should i go for that local lawyer, or use someone like sullo and sullo

Basicly the local one said it would cost 135, but he said he isnt sure if he can even give me defferd.

Sullo and sullo states it would cost 225, but didnt give me a clear idea on what that outcome might be, But they have a good reputation.

and i have few more houston based lawyers to shop.
Yzfguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement