MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

oh yeah, and he was un hurt. other than his jacket, you couldnt tell by looking at him that he went down. his pants werent even dirty, lol.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W Noobie So Deliciously Noobie Ride! Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! 9/2/12 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 67 09-02-2012 10:09 PM
CENTERAL meet ride to: Nooooooooob!!!!!!!! SW Sunday Ride. 7/22 little6 Events, Meets and Rides 11 07-21-2012 07:46 PM
Oil spill from space w/ info on natural oil "spill" aka seep urbanXJ Off Topic 1 06-24-2010 07:41 AM
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday 10/11/09 Ride Deano3090 Events, Meets and Rides 9 10-11-2009 07:53 PM
Gifts today for tomorrows BDay, Thanks Reidlos and Therky42 Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 30 05-16-2007 09:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #22
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGoneNuts
was that 3090? with the first decreasing radius turn?! and about 10 feet into the grass there's a barbwire fence?!
, that turn was weirdo!...i thought i was going to slide and scrape myself and a Bike...so what I did was..I lifted the bike Up a lil bit to gain the turn momentum....and ooops here it comes...tuft into the dirt, slide and kapooof into the ditch!.... OUCH!

thanks Ya'll I was Lucky, Not even a single Bruise!!...
R.

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #23
Azylum
The Chosen One

now you need to get those clear plastics on there!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #24
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
! Was a pretty bike... Did you get her to start back up? Ride it home or trailer it? It looks like subframe and front cowling are both in bad shape... Bend or break anything else? What happened, gravel or just to much speed for the turn?

Sorry to hear about it!:eh:
I dont remember how fas i was going through that turn but i remember downshifted to 3rd gear and momentum was kinda in OK Mode to take a u-loop "excuse my explanation" anyway....I did see myself going down!...hence i kinda prepare myself but trust me...with all the prep...I remember seeing my front tire going off road "the same time thinking oh .." within two seconds i was wobbled, fliped and hit by head pretty good on the freaking dirt on both sides "dont know how" anyway....all over sudden i see myself sitting on my on the grass!,..it sound funny coz "i have always wondering how it feels to fall off a bike-crash or something bear in mind since i started riding i never really face anything major like this" i can tell you it aint cool/funny....from 5.44min of the video you can see me walking kinda crooked!...didnt gain full balance..i was kinda dizzy!...well after i took off the helmet and breath clean air i started feeling better 7 BETTER...anyway its a long story...i test rode my bike and with help of everyone who went with ME/US and i was able to rode it all the way home...even though i was still kinda sleepy "dont know why" with maximum headache..."i did <50mph all the way".I'm personally proud with the group..they are sooo HUMAN!...I owe ya'll ONE!,
I know my english is very bad, but well i hope you can put it together!.

I still want to go finish what i started this time may be will be tailgator!...:icon_bigg "149 has very good memories and will never be forgotten",
BTN: I spoke with insurance and i'll update ya'll,
R.

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #25
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
hey as i have mentioned earlier...i still want to go that road and ride all the way till the end...i felt bad we had to run half way!....

BTN: what was the name of the Gent riding 1000gsxr?...i was following him!, does he post here?
R.

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #26
mrclean
Squid Pro Quo

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda XL 600
Blackbird
RC51
1000RR
CB 350

was that 3090? with the first decreasing radius turn?! and about 10 feet into the grass there's a barbwire fence?!

I know that turn very well. Twice riders have gone down at that exact turn, it's a surprisingly tricky turn. It almost got me when I was on the return leg. Something about that turn lulls riders into a false sense of security.

The first guy went down in almost the same spot but he flew through the barbed wire and only cut his jeans but he did dislocate his shoulder and had a concussion. OK, he wasn't so lucky, but, it could have been much worse. Really F-ed up his R1.

This is why I always recommend a slower, "dry" run before a more "spirited" ride over the same road.
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #27
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
3090 and 149 is not a road to practice your handling skills on. please take caution if you decide to collect yourself and go back out there. lots of people get seriously injured out there. take a trackday and humble yourself, or at least have the knowledge/ability to complete turns like that.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #28
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Lol, i'll ran NAKED/NUDE....My bike is Kinda SHY! :icon_bigg ...if insurance decide to total my baby then....may be i might leave gix for a moment!....
R.

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #29
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
3090 and 149 is not a road to practice your handling skills on. please take caution if you decide to collect yourself and go back out there. lots of people get seriously injured out there. take a trackday and humble yourself, or at least have the knowledge/ability to complete turns like that.
As I spoke/Said earlier..if they total Mine i'll buy it back and prolly make a track.....and buy another bike!....I know its dangerous but..I jus want to fullfill my curiousity this time very very very very very slow on turns!...Thank you for the Advice HouseOfPain!
R.

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #30
blackhalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
149 is pretty laid back in my opinion.. i have seen 3090 eat up a few people though.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #31
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean

I know that turn very well. Twice riders have gone down at that exact turn, it's a surprisingly tricky turn. It almost got me when I was on the return leg. Something about that turn lulls riders into a false sense of security.

The first guy went down in almost the same spot but he flew through the barbed wire and only cut his jeans but he did dislocate his shoulder and had a concussion. OK, he wasn't so lucky, but, it could have been much worse. Really F-ed up his R1.

This is why I always recommend a slower, "dry" run before a more "spirited" ride over the same road.
As we were looking for My broken mirrors, blinkers and other minor parts we noticed lotsa BIKE parts out there, of different Model....i was so suprised!..and the gent from the other HOUSE next to that turn walked out and said..."ya'll have to move away from that turn coz people hurt themselves every-other day" - so that concluded why I and others went down!,
R.

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #32
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Glad to hear you're okay Reidlos, and happy belated birthday!

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 PM   #33
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C
btw I got a kick out of you azylum jumping off the bike, music stops you punch the tire a couple times and you and rob take off.. music pumps up again. :laughing6 good work on the vid great song!
lol, yeah me and TXBRITT went riding the saturday night before and i noticed the nail in the back tire. i forgot about it because it never lost pressure. when we all met up sunday and were almost to 149, one of the other riders pointed it out to me, so periodically for the rest of the day id check it out.:laughing6
Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #34
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidlos
, that turn was weirdo!...i thought i was going to slide and scrape myself and a Bike...so what I did was..I lifted the bike Up a lil bit to gain the turn momentum....and ooops here it comes...tuft into the dirt, slide and kapooof into the ditch!.... OUCH!

thanks Ya'll I was Lucky, Not even a single Bruise!!...
R.

im glad you walked away . my friend wrecked on the same turn. when he was in mid turn then out of no where he got into tank slapper bike went straight into the grass and rode along the barb wire fence:eh: .
Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #35
Azylum
The Chosen One

yeah, 149 is pretty laid back, but 3090 is tricky, not only the curves, but all the tar snakes. you guys see the groups of snakes on teh roads? they were scaring the out of me because a couple of times my front tire slid an inch or two when i hit them.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #36
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C
how long have you been riding? how many miles under your belt? Just wondering...
i ve been riding for at least 4.5yrs and 2days,milewise i can say more than 30K and 2k on my gixxer that i just crashed...Sports biike i can say for 3yrs and may be few months....my parent gave me 110cc bike on my 18th BDay "back in UK" then i moved to US didn ride for quite a while..because i neded to learn the city and streets..well i finally got back into riding ths yr...and kaboom 1st crash ever.
R

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #37
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6
Glad to hear you're okay Reidlos, and happy belated birthday!

Britt
thanks man.
R

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM   #38
Azylum
The Chosen One

three years and your first crash. not too bad.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #39
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):

Quote:
yeah, 149 is pretty laid back, but 3090 is tricky, not only the curves, but all the tar snakes. you guys see the groups of snakes on teh roads? they were scaring the out of me because a couple of times my front tire slid an inch or two when i hit them.
and you didn' warn me about it?

j/k
BTN: Great Video, i forgt to prop you about it, i guess im getting OLD.
R.

a .Net Enthusiast
Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #40
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidlos
and you didn' warn me about it?

j/k
BTN: Great Video, i forgt to prop you about it, i guess im getting OLD.
R.

i did.:laughing6

and thanks. it was the best editing job i could do in 20min.:laughing6

Advertisement