MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #61
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Thats is one of the reasons i havent done any track days yet, i am afraid that doing after a few track days i am going to quit riding the streets. I really enjoy riding with my buddies and hang out and talk when we take a break at a gas station, to me riding on sundays is like a social event, most of my friends work hard during the week and we dont get to see each other until sunday, so even when my stupid duc is out of battery i still show up in my car just to say hi to the lucky ones that do get to enjoy the day on their bikes.
At a track day you're riding for 20 minutes, and bullshitting with your homies for 40. Its even better than the gas station break. I have people that I only see during track season and at trackdays. Every new season I look forward to hanging out with them again. Its just as social, get your homies to go as a group to the track!
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSR HOUSTON Track day 9teeneighty3 Event Pics and Vids 1 04-16-2013 12:03 PM
S [Houston, Texas] Houston Streets Presents Street Nights djax Events, Meets and Rides 0 06-02-2012 07:26 PM
Houston-Streets/GroundDwellers 2 Day Event Pics & Vid kuyo Events, Meets and Rides 0 11-02-2009 10:48 PM
GroundDwellers/Houston-Streets 2 Day Event Oct 31st&Nov 1st! kuyo Events, Meets and Rides 13 11-01-2009 09:05 PM
Houston Track day Thack Taking it to the Track 9 03-30-2009 08:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #62
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
yes. because ive never ridden 610 and I45.

it was a joke. dont go all sandy vag on me now.
You need some new material
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #63
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
At a track day you're riding for 20 minutes, and bullshitting with your homies for 40. Its even better than the gas station break. I have people that I only see during track season and at trackdays. Every new season I look forward to hanging out with them again. Its just as social, get your homies to go as a group to the track!

what he said^.

besides, the street is pretty lame once you've done track days. so boring, so slow, too many cops/squids/stupid soccer moms. this place sucks for street riding, places with elevation changes and twisty roads are what sport bikes are born to do.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #64
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Actually if you read the comments the guys that have done track days are saying, my statement is not so far fetched.

I guess then the comment that someone made about Track guys being slower on the street is right. Except you guys are doing it by choice not by lack of skill on the street or just because you're "slow"... Makes sense now.... Perhaps the person that told me that, just forgot to leave that part out

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #65
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Actually if you read the comments the guys that have done track days are saying, my statement is not so far fetched.

I guess then the comment that someone made about Track guys being slower on the street is right. Except you guys are doing it by choice not by lack of skill on the street or just because you're "slow"... Makes sense now.... Perhaps the person that told me that, just forgot to leave that part out
After going to the track, most riders realize that there's no skill involved in being fast on the street. Its all /lack of brains.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #66
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:

Ride with cdill35 once. On second thought, better not

I'm the same rider on or off the track. Guess you'd have to follow me on both to decide for yourself
Old 11-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #67
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
After going to the track, most riders realize that there's no skill involved in being fast on the street. Its all /lack of brains.
I hear ya, and you may be right...I for one, have not had a track day, not for lack of wanting to, but just my schedule doesn't allow me (excuses ).. I ride the street plenty because I like it and I enjoy the turns that I take and being able to take them better and better each time. Am I at my full potential? NO. Do I try to go fast where I feel comfortable? YES!... When I go out on rides, I tell everyone we go slow on the straight and take the turn however fast and comfortable you feel. I think it's rather unfair to say that it is lack of brains to ride the streets and try to have fun on turns, when you really don't have another alternative, or you just genuinely enjoy it. Though I see guys on turns cutting cars and tailing them, I'm rarely that person. I love the street, even if I did a track day, I hope I still enjoy it as much as now, because I ride almost everyday(or chance I get) and I would hate to loose that joy. Cuz track days wouldn't be as easy to come bay for me.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #68
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Ride with cdill35 once. On second thought, better not

I'm the same rider on or off the track. Guess you'd have to follow me on both to decide for yourself
Dude, It was not a swipe at you or the track guys, my comment was that I heard...from the comments, I stated that it seemed the person that told me this, left out the part of what most of the track day guys have been saying. Which is that they CHOOSE to go slower on street, because they save it for the track. To someone that this has not been explained to or wants to "talk like they know" it would be like this, track guys = fast on track and slow on street. you know?

I rode with you to Galveston, though that was more staright that anything and it was a long ride... I would like to go out riding with experienced riders, I know I got much to learn, I don't claim to be a badass or out run anyone, when I ride, I ride for myself. Slow/Fast as I maybe...It feels fast to me!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #69
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
I hear ya, and you may be right...I for one, have not had a track day, not for lack of wanting to, but just my schedule doesn't allow me (excuses ).. I ride the street plenty because I like it and I enjoy the turns that I take and being able to take them better and better each time.

You have to ask yourself what exactly "better" means. Faster? Yes, maybe. However, in the process are you improving your body position or are you just gradually getting ballsier with the throttle and therefore closer to a crash? Most of the ""tight"" turns on a street would be considered fast sweepers on a track so the margin of error is fairly large. This allows riders to whack the throttle on, and feel like a king without their poor technique overcoming the safety margin of the bike. However, they're a lot close tor the edge than they realize. To close, they're probably not leaving any margin of error for obstacles (gravel, oil etc).

At least thats what I see.

CMRA #302
Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #70
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Dude, It was not a swipe at you or the track guys, my comment was that I heard...from the comments, I stated that it seemed the person that told me this, left out the part of what most of the track day guys have been saying. Which is that they CHOOSE to go slower on street, because they save it for the track. To someone that this has not been explained to or wants to "talk like they know" it would be like this, track guys = fast on track and slow on street. you know?

I rode with you to Galveston, though that was more staright that anything and it was a long ride... I would like to go out riding with experienced riders, I know I got much to learn, I don't claim to be a badass or out run anyone, when I ride, I ride for myself. Slow/Fast as I maybe...It feels fast to me!
That Galveston ride was more like a parade, especially since it was all freeway. The way "track guys" ride the streets depends more on the type of ride it is. They've been known to tear up the turns on "private rides" through the forest, and on Livingston and Fayetteville rides.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #71
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
You have to ask yourself what exactly "better" means. Faster? Yes, maybe. However, in the process are you improving your body position or are you just gradually getting ballsier with the throttle and therefore closer to a crash? Most of the ""tight"" turns on a street would be considered fast sweepers on a track so the margin of error is fairly large. This allows riders to whack the throttle on, and feel like a king without their poor technique overcoming the safety margin of the bike. However, they're a lot close tor the edge than they realize. To close, they're probably not leaving any margin of error for obstacles (gravel, oil etc).

At least thats what I see.
I've had my "Oh !" moments, and I have been very lucky at being able to keep control... I agree with what you are saying, I really would like to do a track day, once time permits... I know it will only make me better, I was just trying to clear up my comment.

Quote:
That Galveston ride was more like a parade, especially since it was all freeway. The way "track guys" ride the streets depends more on the type of ride it is. They've been known to tear up the turns on "private rides" through the forest, and on Livingston and Fayetteville rides.
I bet...

Yeah, the Galveston ride was, but I like the big group ride, it was fun for me...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #72
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
I've had my "Oh !" moments, and I have been very lucky at being able to keep control... I agree with what you are saying, I really would like to do a track day, once time permits... I know it will only make me better, I was just trying to clear up my comment.

I bet...

Yeah, the Galveston ride was, but I like the big group ride, it was fun for me...
We have big group rides to Yankees quite a bit. Usually we break the groups up according to pace. Look for a Forest Gnome ride
Old 11-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #73
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
You need some new material
not when the old still applies.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #74
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
We have big group rides to Yankees quite a bit. Usually we break the groups up according to pace. Look for a Forest Gnome ride
Yeah, I see those, and i've been wanting to join on one but It seems like you guys come back later in the day and on the weekends mostly... The latest I can be back in my area is 11:30pm cuz I have to pick up my little one...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #75
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Yeah, I see those, and i've been wanting to join on one but It seems like you guys come back later in the day and on the weekends mostly... The latest I can be back in my area is 11:30pm cuz I have to pick up my little one...
I'm usually home by 3pm when we go to Yankees which is much earlier than your 11:30pm curfew
Old 11-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #76
NewRider

Bike(s):

Im sorry...I meant 11:30 AM...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #77
quicksaveme

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

i love both.

I sold my track bike because I missed riding every day so i got a monster. I love riding that thing ANYWHERE!

Then I started to miss the track, so I got an 848 and I'll just sit here and enjoy the best of both worlds
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #78
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Im sorry...I meant 11:30 AM...
Babysitter?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #79
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Our SMR is from 9am-11am and we have all types of riders in our group, from expert to noobs, i am sure you will find a comfortable pace in between those two groups.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #80
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
How will a track day help you on Houston streets?

First of all, it'll get you off them...

(someone has probably said this already, but I figured it was at least worth saying twice)

Advertisement