MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #41
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
You should see the amount of calls we get for "car fire" when it's just someone overheated on the freeway. People drive by and call on their cell (not stopping to help or see if there is an actual emergency), which takes a pumper out of service to respond, when there could be someone right around the corner from the station who actually needs 911 for fire or EMS.
Pfftt!! So what if it was a waste of time, resources, money, etc... I was too busy to stop! Besides, thats your job, man!

J/K Tom, I hate these people, too
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for the LEOs on MH ileono918 Off Topic 31 02-25-2013 08:54 AM
LEOs in here: (DPS) ticket question: GAU-8 Off Topic 15 05-22-2010 12:48 PM
question for the leos flyininja Off Topic 35 03-20-2009 09:11 PM
can off duty LEOs stop you while driving? hotcknstrips Off Topic 29 05-14-2007 07:22 PM
any leos on here? rick Off Topic 11 05-26-2006 07:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #42
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
hmm... so you would kill yourself to get there what since does that make?
you know I just meant that I would do the best I could to get there the fastest I could...

Anyway, not trying to hijack the thread...

just get a lawyer, let them advise you... not other motorcyclists... IMO
Old 03-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #43
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
200mph doesn't kill.... if so all of the top fuel dragster drivers would be dead
you dont see Top fuel dragster driving their Drag cars on the street either... and there is a reason for that

this thread is about driving in traffic in an emergency WTF is your point???

and your bike does not go 200mph
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

Last edited by NoFear; 03-06-2008 at 02:33 PM.
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #44
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
you dont see Top fuel dragster driving their Drag cars on the street either... and there is a reason for that
edit, sorry tom... good point

Last edited by sbfuller; 03-06-2008 at 02:35 PM.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #45
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Guys, I see what you're all saying. The thing is that every time I go to someone's house or where ever their emergency is, it's the "worst day of their lives". I'm not belittling anything, it's the truth, and human nature.

The thing is that things happen for a reason, and we're not always going to get that "last word" or "last chance" with our loved ones. Your presence or lack thereof is not going to change anything for anyone. Many times, your extra people's presence is actually a problem for those trying to help.

Cherish the time you had with your loved ones and celebrate their lives. Time spent dwelling on "woulda coulda shoulda" is wasted time.

There is no good reason to put yourself or others in danger to try to get that last moment that you may or may not get. Often times, if they're already in the hospital, you're not going to see them anyway, especially if it's a serious illness or injury.

Your loved ones will know that you loved them, and they'll know you cared. Be thankful for what you've got.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #46
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
Edited by author
Unless yall are angling to get the thread locked for shyte like this, you may want to take your stuff to pm.

I'd rather see the good discussion happen before a mod locks it up for drama.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by tomLSTD; 03-06-2008 at 02:37 PM.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Unless yall are angling to get the thread locked for shyte like this, you may want to take your stuff to pm.

I'd rather see the good discussion happen before a mod locks it up for drama.

Just sayin'.
ok, fixed
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #48
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Quote:
The thing is that things happen for a reason, and we're not always going to get that "last word" or "last chance" with our loved ones. Your presence or lack thereof is not going to change anything for anyone. Many times, your extra people's presence is actually a problem for those trying to help.

Cherish the time you had with your loved ones and celebrate their lives. Time spent dwelling on "woulda coulda shoulda" is wasted time.

There is no good reason to put yourself or others in danger to try to get that last moment that you may or may not get. Often times, if they're already in the hospital, you're not going to see them anyway, especially if it's a serious illness or injury.

Your loved ones will know that you loved them, and they'll know you cared. Be thankful for what you've got.
I agree
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #49
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

hahaha tom said booboo tummy. I have no idea why that's so funny to me, but it is. I know where you're coming from, I'd get somewhere and an old lady would say "I'm a little gassy, can you tell me why" and there's 2 empty bags of prunes on the table.
My fav was the people who were just plain crazy. "the snuffaluf***us called, and the stapler broke our cereal" Me; "just tote the rhombus wad under spangler, he'll stop calling".
"ok, thanks".

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #50
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
right.
wrong in those particular situations is the last thing we have in our minds

or do you believe everytime we speed for any reason we remember racer x face?
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #51
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerloga View Post
And then they send you a bill for over 12X the cost of a speeding ticket.

I see the legal and logical reasons behind calling 911 but I can also see how some people can justify taking the person there themselves with speeding.
just an example with costs from fm 529 hwy 6 to huffmesiter and 290

$1,200.00

that would be like taking a cab 60 times just plain ridiculous
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #52
Daytona_Rider
3rd Ward PoPo

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 Daytona 675 - Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
Hey Daytona Rider... I had to steal your "run , it the police" graphics.

Like putting a sea-shell up to your ear, I read that and could almost hear 'em shouting it!

Dude.... NOT cool!!

j/k....i think that thing if flippin hilarious
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #53
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
These people are really good ya'll! If you use them tell them Jim from the Houstonian Club sent you.
XRCajun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #54
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

You know a few weeks ago I called my Mom in Louisiana at about 7:30PM, who is dying of cancer. She sounded really bad and couldn't get a hold of anyone to come and sit with her. I could not leave her that way! So I left Houston at 8PM and at about 10:45, 220 miles away. Going down a back country road in LA I got stopped for doing 90 MPH. I told the Cop my story and he ran my license and told me to go and be careful. It is completely the Cops discretion whether they write a ticket or not. Some guys, like Todd seem to be able to use some logic to make a decision and some don't.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #55
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
All I can say is be careful, you won't do anyone any good dead on a freeway because you were hauling to get somewhere. Not only that but now your family has two emergencies on their hands.
I have to take just a little bit of an issue with this premise. First off you did say it right by saying be careful, and going fast surely isn't the safest way to drive. But going fast does not cause accidents. Going fast under wrong conditions and making stupid decisions while going fast causes accidents. If my Mom was really sick and I new she needed medical attention in the middle of the night and me getting her was the quickest way to do it, I'd do the same thing. I've been driving for 36 years, I've always driven at least 20,000 miles per year and I've never gotten in a wreck while going fast. Every accident has been from some idiot doing something stupid in a parking lot, or at an intersection. Some people just should never even get behind a wheel and of course they should never go fast either.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #56
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasual View Post
Assuming I am reading this correctly, the difference is actually 10 minutes.

If you are doing 60mph and need to travel 30 miles, it will take you 30 minutes (1 mile per minute). If you are doing 90mph and need to travel 30 miles, it will take you 20 minutes (1.5 miles per minute). Depending on the type of emergency, 10 minutes could mean life or death...
right, beltway and 45 to katy is about 30 miles, so I saved about 10 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-SPARTAN View Post
Just show them your moms paperwork when you go to court and the judge will budge. so your kewl.
I plan on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Oh, and I would stop posting details of your criminal actions on a public forum.
IIRC speeding is not a criminal offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
gawd damnit chris, you just dont do to well with cops

You know it! At least back in the day when I liked to go fast on the ZX7 I got off a few times when I didn't deserve to. But the Buell doesn't even look fast... and believe me it's not! 90 was about as fast as I wanted to go, but I got called out for 100. Something is not adding up here! McKee I keep meaning to call you bro, but working til midnight is kicking my ...

ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #57
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
These people are really good ya'll! If you use them tell them Jim from the Houstonian Club sent you.
Will do, my uncle is ex-HPD, so I'm going to ask about the buddy buddy lawyers, too. That seems to be how the courts work downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
All I can say is be careful, you won't do anyone any good dead on a freeway because you were hauling to get somewhere. Not only that but now your family has two emergencies on their hands.
I was careful, traffic was very light, didn't pass on the right, slowed down when i approached a car, sped up on the straight aways were I didn't see any vehicles. I just got unlucky that Sgt. Gomer was behind me at some point.

The funniest thing was the congregation of tow trucks that were sitting the parking lot.

ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #58
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

As some have mentioned above.... and after some thought the rest of the day... I remembered a story my sheriff neighbor just told me a few days ago, he had just got the call that morning:

This passed weekend one of his sheriff buddies got a call that his wife had been in an accident and was unconscious in the hospital... so he left work, went picked up his baby from the sitters and on the way to the hospital, slammed into the back of a cement truck... he died. The baby is in critical condition.... the wife was still unconscious at the hospital, unaware that her husband died and her baby was now in the ER, as well.

Tom made a great point earlier... and so did "trdvet" just now... it's just hard to think when you're stressed... get someone else to drive you to the emergency room, if you can... if not, then just be careful, is all I'm saying.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #59
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFroze View Post
As some have mentioned above.... and after some thought the rest of the day... I remembered a story my sheriff neighbor just told me a few days ago, he had just got the call that morning:

This passed weekend one of his sheriff buddies got a call that his wife had been in an accident and was unconscious in the hospital... so he left work, went picked up his baby from the sitters and on the way to the hospital, slammed into the back of a cement truck... he died. The baby is in critical condition.... the wife was still unconscious at the hospital, unaware that her husband died and her baby was now in the ER, as well.

Tom made a great point earlier... and so did "trdvet" just now... it's just hard to think when you're stressed... get someone else to drive you to the emergency room, if you can... if not, then just be careful, is all I'm saying.
You know you are right! There is no doubt that driving fast is more dangerous. What we don't know is if this guy turned to look in the back seat at the baby because it lost it's pacifier or what. It's pretty hard to believe a COP was looking forward paying attention to traffic and just ran into the back of a truck.
Lesson: Don't go too fast, but if you do don't do anything else but drive the car and don't take unnecessary chances. There isn't anyone out there that has never gone too fast including the COPs on and off duty. The trick is to be smart about it and don't do it needlessly. That's where people screw up.

Advertisement